HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richardson

Old
03-25-2010, 12:25 AM
piston

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to piston
Brad Richardson

OK, here is a prediction. Brad Richardson will be resigned within a couple of weeks. No way does DL let him become an RFA. Three years, $900 K per.

piston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:27 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston View Post
OK, here is a prediction. Brad Richardson will be resigned within a couple of weeks. No way does DL let him become an RFA. Three years, $900 K per.
Well becoming an RFA really isn't that big of a deal, we still own his rights and can match any offer that's given to him. I wouldn't worry too much about our RFA's

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:32 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I doubt he will sign for less than $1M... My guess is it'll probably be around to $1.5M which still would be pretty cheap if he continues to play and hustle the way he's been doing lately.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Brad Richardson for $900K would be a great deal. He is one of the most versatile forwards on this team and will do what is asked of him from his coaches. He isn't looking so bad now for that 2nd round pick the Kings gave up.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Whether most people on these boards will listen or not, one of DL's weaknesses is contract negotiations. He almost always taking a loong time to get a deal done. Sometimes it works (Johnson), sometime it doesn't (O'Sullivan, Cammalleri) but do not rush it because when he signs guys early it often does not go well(Kopitar(I don't think so but some people dont like 6.8), Visnovsky(I guess again I don't think so but some people do not like his contract), Cloutier). I would be very surprised if Richardson does not become a RFA.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Didn't take long for Lombardi to lock up Kopitar or Brown or Quick or Drewiske...

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:53 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Richardson is playing like he belongs on the 2nd line of any good team in the NHL...and that is silly exciting. A late bloomer with speed, good hands, hustle and defensively responsible. Pinch me.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Ollie Weeks

Get this man a pen.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:37 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

He does have a high rule quotient.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

900k would be a steal for a guy who works as hard as any other guy on the team and can play any line any position. Plus is a pk'er for the team

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Whether most people on these boards will listen or not, one of DL's weaknesses is contract negotiations. He almost always taking a loong time to get a deal done. Sometimes it works (Johnson), sometime it doesn't (O'Sullivan, Cammalleri) but do not rush it because when he signs guys early it often does not go well(Kopitar(I don't think so but some people dont like 6.8), Visnovsky(I guess again I don't think so but some people do not like his contract), Cloutier). I would be very surprised if Richardson does not become a RFA.
Lombardi does not handle contract negotiations, Jeff Solomon does.

Thrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:10 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Lombardi does not handle contract negotiations, Jeff Solomon does.
One of Lombardi's biggest weaknesses is Jeff Solomon

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 05:33 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

In my opinion Richardson has been the biggest surprise of this season. And I mean that in a good way.

savemefromtears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:44 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Lombardi is doing just fine in locking down the players he wants and needs. The deal he gave Quick recently was perfect in terms of length and dollars.

When it comes to guys like Doughty, Simmonds, and Richardson he will get something done when the time is right.

I wouldn't mind Richardson at all getting 3 years $1.2M a season. He has earned it.

I laugh when people say he didn't handle the Cammalleri and O'Sullivan negotiations properly. Why, because he didn't bend over for their agents? Didn't those negotiations reveal something about the players as well, which is why they are probably on different teams today? Think about it.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 11:30 AM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Richardson is playing like he belongs on the 2nd line of any good team in the NHL...and that is silly exciting. A late bloomer with speed, good hands, hustle and defensively responsible. Pinch me.
Not sure about the "good hands" part but I think we are all pleased with what he brings.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
He's a #2 Center.
I can't believ noone is seeing his playmaking skills.
When he is in puck possesion he turn the attention of two guys and makes the
pass to the free man........... we didn't have that for a long time.
i would really scratch my head if he's willing to play under 2 Mill.
I'm pretty sure he can't wait to move to a real "Hockey" team.

Kurrilino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:57 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

When it comes to guys like Doughty, Simmonds, and Richardson he will get something done when the time is right.
I like Richardson but I don't know if he deserves to be mentioned along with DD and Simmonds. And this is coming from a guy who suggested early on in the season that Richie should get a chance on the 2nd line.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Richardson at all getting 3 years $1.2M a season. He has earned it.
I'm pretty much with you in numbers although, I can see something as high as 1.5M a season.

Quote:
I laugh when people say he didn't handle the Cammalleri and O'Sullivan negotiations properly. Why, because he didn't bend over for their agents? Didn't those negotiations reveal something about the players as well, which is why they are probably on different teams today? Think about it.
Ok, so who do you want to go couple of rounds with? Diehard or JT?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

You guys REALLY think we're gonna get Richardson locked down for anything less than 1.5 million? Dude is raising eyebrows with his tenacity, speed, playmaking, and versatility. I hope he's here for a good, long time, but despite Lombardi's commitment to the 'second contract,' I don't think he's gonna be as cheap as we like.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I like Richardson but I don't know if he deserves to be mentioned along with DD and Simmonds. And this is coming from a guy who suggested early on in the season that Richie should get a chance on the 2nd line.

I'm pretty much with you in numbers although, I can see something as high as 1.5M a season.

Ok, so who do you want to go couple of rounds with? Diehard or JT?
Someone else can handle my light work.

Richardson isn't as key a piece as Doughty or Simmonds, but he is very useful and fits into the plan or Lombardi would not have given up a 2nd round pick to bring him in, in the first place. The kid has made real progress this season.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Lombardi is doing just fine in locking down the players he wants and needs. The deal he gave Quick recently was perfect in terms of length and dollars.

IMO, I like the way he locked down Brown, Kopitar, Visnovsky, Quick. But lots of people seem to be not happy at all with the numbers for Brown, Kopitar, Visnovsky (I'm more pissed at the way Lombardi treated Vis). Or at least they didn't early in the year, less so now that we are winning.

Why did those negotiations reveal something about the players and not the management? In the end it was management that shipped both of those players off, neither left on their own. Maybe they would have left anyways, but maybe it revealed something about management, about how maybe they take things too personally. It goes both ways.

Hopefully we get Richardson resigned, I agree 1.2-1.5 would be the range I would put him in.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I've been a fan of his since the day we got him. I knew he would work out, I expect something around $1.2 million per season, plus or minus $200k. He most definitely will be re-signed unless there is some major hockey deal that goes down.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 03:44 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

keep your stick down!

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 05:38 AM
KingLB

Does anyone think there is a good chance Richie is not resigned or moved due to some of prospects coming up the line that might make him "excess goods"?? I mean you could make a case for anyone of Moller/Schenn/Loki making the team next year and with 8 of the top 9 pretty secure Richie might be on the outside looking in.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 08:49 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Does anyone think there is a good chance Richie is not resigned or moved due to some of prospects coming up the line that might make him "excess goods"?? I mean you could make a case for anyone of Moller/Schenn/Loki making the team next year and with 8 of the top 9 pretty secure Richie might be on the outside looking in.
No. Richardson can play anywhere from 4th to 1st line and can play C or LW. He has speed and works hard. I can't see him be anything but a keeper for this team unless he is part of a trade that brings us a legit defenseman.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 08:58 AM
The Jumping Shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
If that's the case, he's worth a hell of a lot more than 900 k.

The Jumping Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote