HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Defense: Not as bad as made out to be!

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 01:55 PM
wasting time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly_GoLeafsGo
Just as the thread states, this defense is now not so bad is it?

When I typed the first post you'll noticed that I included Klee in the group and some of you still were complaining about how terrible this defense is. Well now that we've signed Klee, alot of the comments are along the lines of: "we have a fairly solid D now". Well yes you're right the D isn't too shabby. We have a decent group of guys with one spot for a youngster to develop. The foundations for a trade somewhere down the line are now set. I think that after 60 gms we're gonna have a slightly different looking crew. By the deadline or even sooner a trade for another reliable dman will have been made and we will be ready for one last run at the Cup.
Agreed, now with Klee, this defense is a B Grade - I would rate them a B- on talent, but they have so much young talent on the Rock that I upgrade them to a B.

They now need to land someone the like of Zhitnik or better - like Hamrlik using some of their various depth as back-up (e.g. Stajan at Center, or Berg, or Kidd, or even Atropov or Coliaicovo andn they will have a very good defense.

Old
09-27-2003, 01:56 PM
wasting time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Some interesting questions you got there Leaf Army.........I think I'd like to see Jackman stay I feel he's worked his way onto a regular spot with the club but that's up for Quinn to decide.....and I think Quinn will sent him down to St.John's......too bad cause I feel Jackman is NHL calibre player not AHL......

McCabe I wouldn't be surprised to see dealt away....last season Leafs were split club in the dressing room and McCabe played a part in that.........

I'd like to see Kondratiev stay but how many of the kids do you really think the Leafs should go with on defence and how many experienced NHLers should Fergie go out and get for our blueline?.......

Pilar will go back to St. John's I think.....Aki Berg I think will stay and should be our 5 or #6 guy but no higher than that and you can pair him up with Bryan Marchment too.........I think as soon as the Leafs start using Berg or Marchment as their #3 or #4 guys back of our blueline then we'll start to see alot of long nights start to happen for Eddie Belfour this season.
no chance Jackman gets sent down the AHL - Quinn should be fired for even considering it.

Closed Thread