Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Expectations for the rest of the season

Old
03-24-2010, 08:55 PM
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs

vCash: 500
A lot of this depends on where the Wild are drafting, what the board looks like, etc... but if Nino is the last high end forward left on the board I'd try to trade the #3 or the Washington #2 to move up and grab him.

Also, Sharp is a nice player with an acceptable contract, but I don't understand the obsession with him. His stats might be a tad inflated due to who he plays with. I view him as a wing who can play center if a fill-in is needed, but not a full timer there. He'd be more productive with Koivu & Brunette anyway. Both of those guys have great vision & aren't afraid to get dirty whereas Sharp more or less floats looking for a shot.

Sharp would definitely compensate for some of the defensive issues between Lats/Havlat though.

At any rate, I'd be happy with Versteeg too. He seems like a guy who could play anywhere from the first line to the third and be alright.

The Wild may not even strike any deals with Chicago. Just keep in mind that Sharp is a guy who has, I believe, been a 30 goal scorer once. The Wild would be a stronger team with him than without him, but you'd think he's the 2nd coming of Brett Hull with the way he's talked about around here.

UMD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:17 AM
mnwildgophers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD Bob View Post
A lot of this depends on where the Wild are drafting, what the board looks like, etc... but if Nino is the last high end forward left on the board I'd try to trade the #3 or the Washington #2 to move up and grab him.

Also, Sharp is a nice player with an acceptable contract, but I don't understand the obsession with him. His stats might be a tad inflated due to who he plays with. I view him as a wing who can play center if a fill-in is needed, but not a full timer there. He'd be more productive with Koivu & Brunette anyway. Both of those guys have great vision & aren't afraid to get dirty whereas Sharp more or less floats looking for a shot.

Sharp would definitely compensate for some of the defensive issues between Lats/Havlat though.

At any rate, I'd be happy with Versteeg too. He seems like a guy who could play anywhere from the first line to the third and be alright.

The Wild may not even strike any deals with Chicago. Just keep in mind that Sharp is a guy who has, I believe, been a 30 goal scorer once. The Wild would be a stronger team with him than without him, but you'd think he's the 2nd coming of Brett Hull with the way he's talked about around here.
I think the reason why we have been talking about him so much or at least I have is that Russo tweeted that we were pushing hard for him around the trade deadline, but obviously, they didn't want to trade him this year.

I think that there's a very good possibility that we don't get him or Versteeg. I think there's a chance that we could get him though because Chicago is really hurting for cap space, but I do not doubt there will be many teams who would be interested in Sharp or Versteeg.

I'm not sure who we will be targeting besides Sharp since we have already shown a lot of interest in him, so we just don't have much more to go off on and we know that he could possibly be available.

I think there's a good shot that Skinner will be there when we pick, and I can hope that Nino is there because from what I'm reading, he should be a real good NHL player. Maybe we will get a better idea of who's going when and where when the draft positions are set, but I think we'll have a good shot at getting either one of the two.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 04:42 AM
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
█▀████╱█████▀█

vCash: 50
loose and get a good pick

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote