HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#73 - 03.24.2010 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD) ‎

Old
03-24-2010, 10:11 PM
bubba5

vCash: 500
Thanks Rangers for waiting until the final 10 games to play a good game (even though it was basically against an AHL team)

bubba5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I'm shocked they still let Fischler into the locker room after the way he's handled Tortorella.
I've heard this mentioned a couple of times but I must have missed this. What happened with the two of them?

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:17 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
I think MDZ is just really benefiting from the two week rest that the olympic break gave him. He was quoted in saying he was physically and especially mentally exhausted and that he feels good now coming off that rest.

I will almost guarantee it was that.
Thanks for the info, I never caught that quote from Michael. I think you're right. Stupid of me to forget what a nice rest like that can do for a young guy playing his first 82 game season.

Really nice to see what I consider a resurgence.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:18 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Isles are still living in their cup glory years, ie: Gillies

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Vitto79

5-0, this team makes me laugh,god knows they are going to get within 3 pts of Philly coming down to the last games of the year just to piss us all off again

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Anyone going to YouTube the 2nd Gaborik goal?

(LoFFeN? )

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
I think MDZ is just really benefiting from the two week rest that the olympic break gave him. He was quoted in saying he was physically and especially mentally exhausted and that he feels good now coming off that rest.

I will almost guarantee it was that.
Me, too.

This kid is going to be a 45-50 point d-man in the future for us who will learn to throw that nasty hip check more and more.

His defense has improved since the break, as well, which lends credence to the exhaustion aspect.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:48 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Awesome Win!!!!

03-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Rangers were pretty good...Islanders were absolutely horrific. that might be the worst game an opponent has played against us all year. Henrik didnt have to make a single tough save all night.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:23 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Lundqvist deserved a little stat padding after a season where he's been consistently hung out to dry. One more win till he has 5 straight 30 win seasons.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:45 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6286

Quote:
NEW YORK – It took them 73 games, but the Rangers have finally figured out how to crash the net. Unfortunately, with nine games to go and now five points out of a playoff spot, it may turn out to be too little, too late.

In the first 8:30 of the opening period against the rival Islanders, the Rangers got three goals and cruised to a 5-0 victory from there, outshooting the Isles 32-12 in the first two periods and 44-27 over the full 60 minutes.

“Sometimes it depends on who you’re playing, what type of defense they have, it’s tough to get in front of the net,” Henrik Lundqvist said after his third shutout of the season and 23rd of his career. “When you play Boston, they’re really good at boxing guys out. Tonight we had a lot of opportunities right out in front. It’s not always up to us. Sometimes it depends on who you’re playing.”

“We had the puck more. When you have the puck more, in practice we were just talking about our power play trying to find ways to manufacture goals,” Rangers coach John Tortorella said. “But that’s the biggest thing for us tonight is that we had the puck.”

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 07:57 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Rangers were pretty good...Islanders were absolutely horrific. that might be the worst game an opponent has played against us all year. Henrik didnt have to make a single tough save all night.
What about the Tampa Bay games.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:28 AM
1940rip

As futile as this late effort may end up being...a good Icelander trouncing always feels good. Following that up with a solid win over Marty and the Debbies would make my week.

1940rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Me, too.

This kid is going to be a 45-50 point d-man in the future for us who will learn to throw that nasty hip check more and more.

His defense has improved since the break, as well, which lends credence to the exhaustion aspect.
I agree, you can see the tools there every single night. It still literally amazes me that hes 19 years old.

He should develop into a poor man's Brian Leetch and thats no slight at all. In fact, its a very, very good thing.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:45 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Side note. I was at the theatre at the 3d viewing party. I gotta say it was pretty sweet. The overhead view was nothing special, but the on ice cameras were pretty sick. Charles Wang was there. I made sure to tell him the Islanders suck.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:45 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I agree, you can see the tools there every single night. It still literally amazes me that hes 19 years old.

He should develop into a poor man's Brian Leetch and thats no slight at all. In fact, its a very, very good thing.
I don't really see Leetch in MDZ. More Zubov actually. I don't see MDZ with the end-to-end rush ability that Leetch had. And I think he'l develop a bigger shot than Leetch had.

03-25-2010, 11:23 AM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't really see Leetch in MDZ. More Zubov actually. I don't see MDZ with the end-to-end rush ability that Leetch had. And I think he'l develop a bigger shot than Leetch had.
Agreed. I had a conversation at the game last night with someone in our section about how he reminded us of Zubov. I'd happy if him and staal emulate Zubov and Beuk (bit of a stretch, but I think Staal can still develop into a really physical Dman).

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Anyone see the fight up in my section in 411? It happened with 7 mins to go in the game just as the scrum broke out on the ice. Well here's what happened: I had 2 "Jersey Shore" crooked hat guys next to me and an Isle fan was leaving so they started chanting "*******" at him for no reason the guy was leaving quietly not saying anything. So as the guys walking out he yells back at them so then these 2 clowns run out of my row and up the stairs to the walkway area. The Islander fan had a friend who was a Rangers fan it turned out. Well it was a 2 on 2 for quite a while because security was nowhere to be found. One of the crooked hat guys said he was a cop and his dad was a sergeant. Finally security came but by that time the fighting stopped and and just threw out the Islander fan and his friend. I had so many idiots in my row last night, the guy next to me asked what number Zherdev is , and I tried explaining to him it would be better for the team to lose and get a lottery pick and he said well what's the difference between the 14th and 15th pick. I'm like hello idiot they're 3 points out of the 3rd worst record.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Me, too.

Obviously it depends on how he progresses, but I think he has more than 50 point potential. Some of that is going to depend on the team being better at offense (as a passer he needs someone to bury those chances he creates) but he has 32 points as a 19 year old rookie, I'd bet he finishes with 35 or so. Assuming he gets stronger, more confident, more used to the game, and generally just better, I could see his totals jumping a lot.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:01 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Can a moderator please tell me why the short thread from last night about the 3D viewing party has disappeared? I'm seeking feedback from people who attended the 3D viewing party and don't want to start a new thread if it's going to be deleted or closed.

Thanks.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote