HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

VERSUS back on DTV / FCC closes CSN Loophole

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2010, 04:42 PM
  #201
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
that's what I say to the 'CEOs and shareholders' .....

"Don't like the FCC forcing your company to stop F ing your own customers?

that's America. Don't like it, GTFO."
Seriously, Bernie, you don't know what the hell you're talking about...and it shows.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:00 PM
  #202
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
AHAAHAAHAAHAA ......

too effin' funny !!!

in case you didn't notice, the FCC closing the loophole is about how
"Since 1992 major cable companies like Comcast were able to block satellite companies such as Dish Network from being able to show certain channels in some of their main markets. For instance you could only get Philadelphia sports programming through Comcast only because of the Terrestrial Loophole that allowed cable companies to get away with it for years, until now."

your points about 'through Comcast' have NOTHING to do with this.

Comcast blocks THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS who are living in / have moved from Philly from being able to additionally subscribe to satellite & get their home town CSN. Using the loophole is OPTIONAL.

if Comcast wanted to treat them on par with the Comcast customers from every other city who DO have the ability to additionally subscribe to satellite & get their home town CSN, they could do it by not using the loophole.

they took the money and said 'F the customers'

shameful.

luckily the FCC is stepping in.

You can't look at a guy and say "He has Comcast and DirecTV. Because Comcast does not offer one channel to DTV in a package, they (Comcast) are screwing their own customers." You just can't do it. It's a flawed argument that happens to have a name:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Comcast's decisions are not shameful. At all. Not even slightly remotely. ZERO PERCENT SHAMEFUL.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 12:10 PM
  #203
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Seriously, Bernie, you don't know what the hell you're talking about...and it shows.
seriously, Jest, you have no clue what the hell is going on, as consumers have been complaining about this comcast usage of the loophole for years.

you just can't handle that the FCC is finally doing something about it.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 12:13 PM
  #204
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
You can't look at a guy and say "He has Comcast and DirecTV. Because Comcast does not offer one channel to DTV in a package, they (Comcast) are screwing their own customers." You just can't do it. It's a flawed argument that happens to have a name:
your points have names, too:

head uppa ur butt

and

head inda sand



if Comcast wanted to treat Philly customers on par with the Comcast customers from every other city who DO have the ability to additionally subscribe to satellite & get their home town CSN, they could do it by not using the loophole.

they took the money and said 'F the customers'

shameful.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 12:38 PM
  #205
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
your points have names, too:

head uppa ur butt

and

head inda sand



if Comcast wanted to treat Philly customers on par with the Comcast customers from every other city who DO have the ability to additionally subscribe to satellite & get their home town CSN, they could do it by not using the loophole.

they took the money and said 'F the customers'

shameful.
What are you, 12?

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 02:06 PM
  #206
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
seriously, Jest, you have no clue what the hell is going on, as consumers have been complaining about this comcast usage of the loophole for years.
No **** Sherlock, but how much affect did that have? When they finally did switch it, the goal is to spur "competition" between companies, and came in the wake of a party switch (meaning lobby money is what created the switch, not your whining letters).

As you've proven throughout this discussion, you don't understand the basic principles of how businesses are supposed to operate in America, which is why your gripes about Comcast are pathetically ignorant. Comcast pursues their interests until the FCC tells them they can't, and it's upheld in law...then they pursue their interests within the confines of that new rule.

For example, It's been DirecTV and company complaining about this rule to the FCC...now it's going to be the other folks complaining about NFL ST even louder.

Quote:
you just can't handle that the FCC is finally doing something about it.
Bernie, you're embarrassing yourself. Find a single quote that suggests I can't handle the FCC doing something about this. Seriously, find one. You'll find that throughout our discussion I've expressed zero problem with the FCC doing anything about it.

What I've pointed out to you is that your crybaby attitude towards Comcast is dumb.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:19 PM
  #207
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You'll find that throughout our discussion I've expressed zero problem with the FCC doing anything about it.

What I've pointed out to you is that your crybaby attitude towards Comcast is dumb.
you've defended Comcast's despicable behavior, denied the truth [that they treat their Philly / transplanted Philly customers unequally], put words in my mouth repeatedly, tried to divert the discussion towards a totally unrelated publicly bid for exclusive broadcast rights deal, tried to divert the discussion to CEOs and shareholders .....

Jest, you're embarrassing yourself.

you are simply showing your dumb crybaby attitude because you cannot 'win' this argument and get me to change my mind about any of this.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:20 PM
  #208
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
What are you, 12?
what are you, 11?

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:21 PM
  #209
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
what are you, 11?
burn

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:07 AM
  #210
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
you've defended Comcast's despicable behavior,
your opinion, not fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
denied the truth [that they treat their Philly / transplanted Philly customers unequally]
A post-hoc argument that you've fabricated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
put words in my mouth repeatedly, tried to divert the discussion
Something you are just as equally guilty of, if not more.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
Jest, you're embarrassing yourself.
No he's not. You are embarrassing yourself with your immature attitude and horrible debating skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
you are simply showing your dumb crybaby attitude because you cannot 'win' this argument and get me to change my mind about any of this.
Pot - kettle

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:08 AM
  #211
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
what are you, 11?
Seriously?

Seriously?

Legit question - what do you do for a living? I need some perspective here.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:25 AM
  #212
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
you've defended Comcast's despicable behavior, denied the truth [that they treat their Philly / transplanted Philly customers unequally], put words in my mouth repeatedly, tried to divert the discussion towards a totally unrelated publicly bid for exclusive broadcast rights deal, tried to divert the discussion to CEOs and shareholders .....
1) NFL ST: It's directly related, because it's a similar monopolized content possession...and Comcast brought it up IMMEDIATELY after this ruling. So, no, I'm not diverting anything there...the principles involved are talking about it.

2) CEOs and Shareholders: You're talking about corporate business operations and you think CEOs and shareholders are "totally unrelated?" Seriously? Stop reading comic books exclusively...that's all I can think of in response to that.

Again, Bernie, it's not my fault you don't know what you're talking about...and you proved it yet again with the above paragraph.

Quote:
Jest, you're embarrassing yourself.
No, Bernie, as pretty much everyone has told you...the situation is reversed.

It's not up for debate.

Quote:
you are simply showing your dumb crybaby attitude because you cannot 'win' this argument and get me to change my mind about any of this.
Who is crying? I'm trying to accomplish the public service of turning you that isn't babbling pure BS...You're right, I'm failing in that goal.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:14 PM
  #213
Tags27
Registered User
 
Tags27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Flyers bandwagon
Country: United States
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Seems BP1974 is as popular here as he is over at Flyersphans.

Tags27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 08:23 AM
  #214
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post

A post-hoc argument that you've fabricated.
horrible debating skills.


you obviously get off on 'internet debates' and your great 'skills' within them .... you act like kid with your 'how old are you?' and 'what do you do?' [as if that has anything to do with the FCC loophole closure] questions, but don't like that some replies in kind ..... what, only you can ask such silly things?

.... it's only 'childish' when someone ELSE asks those questions?

i've fabricated nothing:

comcast uses the loophole to keep CSN Philly off competition. that means that there are comcast customers that cannot watch their favorite CSN on satellite, while other comcast customers can. Comcast decides who can get what, by using the loophole.

100% true, and the whole reason the FCC is acting.


the fact that you refuse to admit this is true shows how childish YOU are being.

and as long as you are going to make excuses for and / or pretend that the above is not true, then you'll see me counter everything you say with the above facts.

i keep posting the obvious facts, and you keep trying to turn this into one of your cherished 'internet debates' by asking about age, professions, 'argument description names' etc etc .. everything to avoid admitting the above is 100% true & why the FCC is acting.


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 03-25-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 08:25 AM
  #215
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
Seriously?

Seriously?

Legit question - what do you do for a living? I need some perspective here.
no, you need to start admitting that

comcast uses the loophole to keep CSN Philly off competition. that means that there are comcast customers that cannot watch their favorite CSN on satellite, while other comcast customers can. Comcast decides who can get what, by using the loophole.

is 100% true, and the whole reason the FCC is acting.


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 03-25-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 08:31 AM
  #216
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

2) CEOs and Shareholders: You're talking about corporate business operations and you think CEOs and shareholders are "totally unrelated?"
nope, i'm stating that

comcast uses the loophole to keep CSN Philly off competition. that means that there are comcast customers that cannot watch their favorite CSN on satellite, while other comcast customers can. Comcast decides who can get what, by using the loophole.

is 100% true, and the whole reason the FCC is acting.

you are trying to avoid admitting that the above is true
you are trying to turn this into a debate about whether it was 'good business' or 'legal' or 'good for CEOs and shareholders' as a way to avoid admitting that, indeed, Comcast does use this loophole & that as a result of that, some Comcast customers have access to their favorite CSN & other Comcast customers don't. Comcast decides who, by using the loophole.


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 03-25-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
  #217
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
1) NFL ST: It's directly related, because it's a similar monopolized content possession...and Comcast brought it up IMMEDIATELY after this ruling. So, no, I'm not diverting anything there...the principles involved are talking about it.
nope.

a publicly bid for exclusive rights deal [in the US only, there are many companies world wide holding rights deal in various countries for the NFL ST] has nothing to do with Cable Channel ownership/ that cable channel's content possession/ that cable channel's distribution all being held by 1 company.

nowhere in the Cable Act of 1992 do you see mention of the NFL ST, nor will you see any mention of the NFL ST in the FCC loophole closure ruling.

seems the FCC feels the 2 are unrelated as well.

just yet ANOTHER attempt by you [an embarrassing attempt - that is not up for debate] to make excuses and avoid admitting what the whole country knows is true:

comcast uses the loophole to keep CSN Philly off competition. that means that there are comcast customers that cannot watch their favorite CSN on satellite, while other comcast customers can. Comcast decides who can get what, by using the loophole.

that's the whole reason the FCC is acting.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:40 AM
  #218
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
nope, i'm stating that

comcast uses the loophole to keep CSN Philly off competition. that means that there are comcast customers that cannot watch their favorite CSN on satellite, while other comcast customers can. Comcast decides who can get what, by using the loophole.

is 100% true, and the whole reason the FCC is acting.

you are trying to avoid admitting that the above is true
you are trying to turn this into a debate about whether it was 'good business' or 'legal' or 'good for CEOs and shareholders' as a way to avoid admitting that, indeed, Comcast does use this loophole & that as a result of that, some Comcast customers have access to their favorite CSN & other Comcast customers don't. Comcast decides who, by using the loophole.
No, the above is explicitly not true Bernie. It's only true due to a twisted, "house of cards" argument you constructed to justify your ridiculous position of hatred of Comcast.

And suggesting that CEO decisions and shareholders are not germane to corporate business decisions and practices is the apex of ignorance.

This is not debatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
nope.

a publicly bid for exclusive rights deal [in the US only, there are many companies world wide holding rights deal in various countries for the NFL ST] has nothing to do with Cable Channel ownership/ that cable channel's content possession/ that cable channel's distribution all being held by 1 company.

nowhere in the Cable Act of 1992 do you see mention of the NFL ST, nor will you see any mention of the NFL ST in the FCC loophole closure ruling.

seems the FCC feels the 2 are unrelated as well.

just yet ANOTHER attempt by you [an embarrassing attempt - that is not up for debate] to make excuses and avoid admitting what the whole country knows is true:

comcast uses the loophole to keep CSN Philly off competition. that means that there are comcast customers that cannot watch their favorite CSN on satellite, while other comcast customers can. Comcast decides who can get what, by using the loophole.

that's the whole reason the FCC is acting.
Bernie, it's not mentioned in the Cable Act of 1992 because NFL ST didn't exist until 1994.

And in both cases we're discussing exclusive, monopolized content possessed by cable entities. Your "difference" is simply a matter of delivery, not substance.

Beyond that, NFL ST is germane because Comcast is making it germane.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:51 AM
  #219
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Well when your response to my legitimate point that you're making a post-hoc arugment is "head uppa ur butt," or when you refuse to answer my questions because they provide a point of view different than yours, excuse me for thinking I'm speaking with somebody portraying themselves as someone else.

I never implied that asking what you do for a living has anything to do with the loophole. I told you it was for perspective. I'm trying to understand you. The only things I know about you is that you really hate Comcast, you think businesses should operate in ways I fundamentally disagree with, you repeat the same things over and over again implying that we haven't read them, you seem to rarely read our entire responses to you, you have not respected our wishes to not edit our posts, and you often repeat what others say to you right back at them which is simply weird.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, you've made this more about semantics than anything else. You keep on insisting that Comcast is "screwing" their customers, and we're trying to explain to you why they're not.

Firstly, you insist on using descriptive words like "shameful" and "despicible" to describe Comcast's actions, which were clearly well within their rights to operate. That implies you feel it was a personal attack by Comcast on its customers. It's not. It's a business decision.

Second, your post-hoc argument. This has nothing to do with me "getting off" on "debating" or whatever. This is stuff you learn in high school. You can't fabricate an end result to prove a cause. Every Comcast customer receives one CSN channel. They are not getting screwed by Comcast. Every DTV customer has the option to purchase a package of some CSN channels. Those people are not Comcast customers. When one customer comes in and buys both services you cannot then say "Now that guy's getting screwed by Comcast." The whole point is not about what Comcast customers can and cannot watch - the point is that Comcast made a business decision (which they had the rights to do) to restrict CSN-P to only terrestrial-based systems in the regional market. That means nobody outside the region can get it. Comcast is not singling out their own customers. And restricting this access does not equate to "customers getting screwed."

Finally, networks and programming on those networks are a commodity. So DTV customers get CSN-DC and cannot get CSN-P. Despite the fact that there is minimal content exclusive to CSN-P that can't be completely accessed by other means, I just do not and never will see how not receiving that content results in being "screwed." It's unfortunate, perhaps, but it's not screwed. I lived in State College for 5 years, and in Virginia for a year and a half. Comcast in both places. It sucked at times, not being able to see the games (I couldn't at the time afford a package), but not once in those 6.5 years did I say to myself that I was getting "screwed" for not being able to see Flyers Post-Game Live or SportsRise with Ron Burke. That is because I wasn't getting screwed! It wasn't despicible behavior, and it wasn't shameful. If Comcast was offering my neighbor CSN-P, but not me, then we can talk about "unfair," "shameful," and "despicible" behavior.

Nobody denied that the loophole existed.
Nobody denied Comcast chose to use it.
Nobody denied any customer (including Comcast customers) outside the Philadelphia market cannot get CSN-P.
Nobody denied any customer (including Comcast customers) outside the Philadelphia market can have access to certain other CSN's.

To sum up, your opinion is that in doing the above, Comcast screwed its customers, acted "shamefully" and "despicibly." My opinion is that in doing the above, Comcast screwed nobody, and acted as any business should in order to maintain profitiblity. These are opinions. These are not facts.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:07 PM
  #220
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
On the bright side of things, at least this thread contains far fewer dollar signs than the last one.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:28 PM
  #221
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No, the above is explicitly not true Bernie.


Bernie, it's not mentioned in the Cable Act of 1992 because NFL ST didn't exist until 1994.

And in both cases we're discussing exclusive, monopolized content possessed by cable entities. Your "difference" is simply a matter of delivery, not substance.

Beyond that, NFL ST is germane because Comcast is making it germane.


wrong, Jest.

not 1 incorrect statement. 100% facts. you cannot disprove anything there, and have simply resorted to making excuses and justifying comcast's behavior in the name of CEOs and shareholders. Saying you support their actions does not change the facts:

comcast uses the loophole to keep CSN Philly off competition. that means that there are comcast customers that cannot watch their favorite CSN on satellite, while other comcast customers can. Comcast decides who can get what, by using the loophole.



the NFL ST was not mentioned in the FCC Loophole Closure ruling this year because it has no relevance in the matter.

Jest, The FCC doesn't agree & neither does the public and, more specifically, the comcast customers who left philly & are getting screwed out of their home town CSN by comcast's usage of the loophole [unlike comcast customers transplanted from every other city in the country

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:32 PM
  #222
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
wrong, Jest.

not 1 incorrect statement. 100% facts. you cannot disprove anything there, and have simply resorted to making excuses and justifying comcast's behavior in the name of CEOs and shareholders.

the NFL ST was not mentioned in the FCC Loophole Closure ruling because it has no relevance in the matter.

Jest, The FCC doesn't agree & neither does the public and, more specifically, the comcast customers who left philly & are getting screwed out of their home town CSN by comcast's usage of the loophole [unlike comcast customers transplanted from every other city in the country
Bernie, this post is awesome because you edited out the part where you thought you had some great point that NFL ST wasn't mentioned in the Cable Act of 1992...which makes sense, because NFL ST didn't exist in 1992.

Your opinion continues to be driven by two things:

1) Bias against Comcast.

2) A ludicrously naive and incorrect understanding of how businesses are expected to operate in America.

This has led you into making house of card arguments about what Comcast is supposedly doing to "their customers," and castigating them for practices that are pretty much par for the course with everyone.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:37 PM
  #223
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post

Nobody denied that the loophole existed.
Nobody denied Comcast chose to use it.
Nobody denied any customer (including Comcast customers) outside the Philadelphia market cannot get CSN-P.
Nobody denied any customer (including Comcast customers) outside the Philadelphia market can have access to certain other CSN's.
at least you are man enough to admit the facts, unlike Jest.

[with the slight addition of "cannot get CSN-P via competitors" and "can have access to certain other CSN's via competitors" ----- if I don't do that, Jest will try another 'diversion']

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
To sum up, your opinion is that in doing the above, Comcast screwed its customers, acted "shamefully" and "despicibly."

My opinion is that in doing the above, Comcast screwed nobody, and acted as any business should in order to maintain profitiblity.

These are opinions. These are not facts.

of course. these are opinions on the above facts. everyone is entitled to theirs. I respect yours. nobody is 'right'.

Jest holds your opinion, too, but he is denying the above known facts ..... why? I don't know, but the facts in the matter are not up for debate.

I think he is trying to prove Comcast was 'right', and his only was is to prove the facts are 'wrong'.

perhaps he believes that anybody that holds an opinion other than his is 'wrong', I dunno ....

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:44 PM
  #224
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Bernie, all the "facts" you use to argue that Comcast has treated its customers unfairly are false BS. Sorry, it's not up for debate.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 10:07 AM
  #225
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Jeez, Jester. Stop denying all these "facts." I mean, I can point out at least zero times where you denied these "facts."

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.