HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Forward Lines Post Carter's Injury - Possible Call Ups?

Old
03-23-2010, 09:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
My argument is that our 13th forward (Powe) is more of a energy line/checker guy. We just lost our top scorer, wouldn't it make a bit of sense to try and call up a Legein or a Matsumoto to try and offset at least some of the offense Carter would have provided?

If Lappy had gotten injured I would say Powe should take his spot, but we already can't score, 8 bottom 6 forwards (Asham, Carcillo, Lappy, Betts, Powe, Leino, Hartnell, an obviously worn-out JVR) isn't going to help. Gagne, Giroux, Richards and Briere barely makes one top scoring line, let alone two
No one they can call up will bring anything different. People want Pyorala, he's essentially the same player. There is no good one player they can call up

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:59 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
Quote:
How much happier is this fan base with JVR-Giroux-Legein as opposed to JVR-Giroux-Powe... seriously, Powe is not a good offensive threat, he would ruin that line. Why not call someone up with some scoring touch? Even if the Phantoms suck and our prospects aren't lighting the world on fire there has to be one or two that can handle the puck better than a fringe 4th line/AHL call up like Powe.
So if Legin is so great why isn't he up here? Powe isn't going to light the world on fire offensively but it's not like Legin would be to this season what Giroux was at the end of last year. Even at his best Legin won't be a great goal scorer. With that said, I'm not opposed to a callup for the sake of fresh blood. But as far as I'm concerned it would just be the shakeup part of it that would be a benifit, there will be no substantial upgrade of offense from any of the guys on the Phantoms. We really don't have any breakout star waiting to get his chance right now. I actually think if anyone gets the call it would be between Pyro and Laliberte, both of whom could be useful but not game changers.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
So if Legin is so great why isn't he up here? Powe isn't going to light the world on fire offensively but it's not like Legin would be to this season what Giroux was at the end of last year. Even at his best Legin won't be a great goal scorer. With that said, I'm not opposed to a callup for the sake of fresh blood. But as far as I'm concerned it would just be the shakeup part of it that would be a benifit, there will be no substantial upgrade of offense from any of the guys on the Phantoms. We really don't have any breakout star waiting to get his chance right now. I actually think if anyone gets the call it would be between Pyro and Laliberte, both of whom could be useful but not game changers.
Acc. to one of the news stories today, Legein has a wrist injury and Laliberte is hurt too. Minor injuries they might play through on the Phantoms but not something you'd want with a recall.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:57 AM
CantSeeColors

Powe has 8 goals in relatively limited minutes this year. Do people really think a callup from one of the worst teams in the AHL is going to do better?

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:44 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

New lines today from my friend at CSN.

Hartnell-Richards-Carcillo
Gagne-Briere-Leino
vanRiemsdyk-Giroux-Powe
Laperriere-Betts-Asham.

Briere back at center.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:57 PM
CTU2fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
New lines today from my friend at CSN.

Hartnell-Richards-Carcillo
Gagne-Briere-Leino
vanRiemsdyk-Giroux-Powe
Laperriere-Betts-Asham.

Briere back at center.
I like this, if Briere's actually capable of playing center anymore (a big question). But Gagne + Briere has worked well before...the only thing I'd change is swapping Powe and Asham, with Powe on LW with Betts & Lappy.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:03 PM
jb**

hartnell, richards, carcillo is a horrible line. hartnell adds nada yet he still gets his minutes. what a lack of scoring up front. powe is a joke and nothing more than a 4th line player, not his fault but he doesnt belong with those 2 despite their struggles. such a disgrace they have no one to call up to even try to help add some scoring. a brutal lineup.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:04 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
hartnell, richards, carcillo is a horrible line. hartnell adds nada yet he still gets his minutes. what a lack of scoring up front. powe is a joke and nothing more than a 4th line player, not his fault but he doesnt belong with those 2 despite their struggles. such a disgrace they have no one to call up to even try to help add some scoring. a brutal lineup.
It's a good thing you're not an Edmonton fan.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:08 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
i wish you would learn where the shift key is on your keyboard. it would make reading your posts alot easier. it is real tough. i dont hate you, i hate how you type. thank you.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:24 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
It's a good thing you're not an Edmonton fan.
they both will be in the same boat 3 weeks from now, out of the playoffs. I just cant comprehend how a great elite young team like the flyers are ar enot leading the conf. Just amazed.

Old
03-25-2010, 05:59 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
they both will be in the same boat 3 weeks from now, out of the playoffs. I just cant comprehend how a great elite young team like the flyers are ar enot leading the conf. Just amazed.

I am officially convinced that you are a Penguin's fan trolling our boards trying to just rile us up because if you reread my original post that started the thread, I specifically asked this not to turn into a *****fest about our prospect quality and I also specifically cited your name in this request.

My mind is blown.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 07:04 PM
jb**

Quote:
I am officially convinced that you are a Penguin's fan trolling our boards trying to just rile us up because if you reread my original post that started the thread, I specifically asked this not to turn into a *****fest about our prospect quality and I also specifically cited your name in this request.

My mind is blown.
the truth is though they are a bunch of 3rd/4th line guys if that. I am not turning it into anything, just stating an opinion. Yeah i am trolling, you caught me. The gig is up. What shall i do next?

Old
03-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
the truth is though they are a bunch of 3rd/4th line guys if that. I am not turning it into anything, just stating an opinion. Yeah i am trolling, you caught me. The gig is up. What shall i do next?
Go away and never come back?

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 07:22 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Go away and never come back?
no can do chief, I was here first.

Old
03-25-2010, 07:24 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
i think thats a really awesome checking line with very good offensive potential. the ideal 3rd line that you could bump as is up to second line minutes in a situation where theres an injury.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 07:34 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i think thats a really awesome checking line with very good offensive potential. the ideal 3rd line that you could bump as is up to second line minutes in a situation where theres an injury.
flyers need offense right now, granted they scored tonight, i just dont think it is a good line. Not great defensively. Hartnell doesnt add anything to it imo. If richards is havign an off night i dotn see htose 2 picking up the offensive slack.