HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#74 - 03.25.2010 | New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
03-25-2010, 12:24 PM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

vCash: 500
Looking at the Devils board's GDT just confirms how much these guys think about the Rangers more then their own team. They just want us to be their top rival, but I don't really care about their 10 fan team.

That being said... As bad as we are, I never want any of my teams to tank for a draft pick (penguins).. Let's *** go RANGERS!!!

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Garfinkel1

Here's for the Rangers winning 4-1.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:28 PM
LamoTheKid

Meh. I'll be watching but chances are I'll be switching over to college basketball at some point tonight. Go Rangers?

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Looking at the Devils board's GDT just confirms how much these guys think about the Rangers more then their own team. They just want us to be their top rival, but I don't really care about their 10 fan team.

That being said... As bad as we are, I never want any of my teams to tank for a draft pick (penguins).. Let's *** go RANGERS!!!
........This is everything I've been saying as a Ranger Fan my whole life.....awesome post, LGR

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:04 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:

I hate to say this, but the devils had as many fans at MSG as we did the last game at the rock. there was like barely 1,000 rangers fans at the rock last game.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Salz

You know I'm with you all on how losing out would be best for our draft pick situation but I just cannot root against the Rangers when they're playing the Devils.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:13 PM
SkerZ
LGR

Lets go boys win tonight..Dubi gabby and prospal with goals

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
5-3 Devils win
Clarkson vs Prust
Pelley vs Avery
LLL Vs shelley
are the possible fight match ups.
Peters is in, Pelley is out. So that also means no PL3. I'm not a fan of this lineup change - I'm thinking this board will be.

sweet avatar dagoon

Quote:
That GDT is a little over the top, I'm not a fan of it. But they're all like that, no matter which team we play. Please don't generalize us, though. I care about winning this game because I care about the playoff seeding. I'm not gonna lie, I would enjoy giving your team a loss. Don't act like you wouldn't feel the same in our position.

Please note, irony in the bolded parts

Last edited by Mr Bojanglez: 03-25-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:35 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

im just gonna do what ive always done with a nyr v njd game.

pregame: hope for a win. expect a loss.

drink lots of coffee and then find something on nat geo about whales beaching themselves on shore to get me ready to watch fatso flop around the ice for 60 minutes.

gametime: watch game and switch the channel frequently after long stretches of severe boredom due to unwatchable jaques lemaire trap.

postgame: watch intently hoping to see torts self destruct on live tv

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:48 PM
ak10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

drink lots of coffee and then find something on nat geo about whales beaching themselves on shore to get me ready to watch fatso flop around the ice for 60 minutes.
HA!

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Devils1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
im just gonna do what ive always done with a nyr v njd game.

pregame: hope for a win. expect a loss.

gametime: watch game and switch the channel frequently after long stretches of severe boredom due to unwatchable jaques lemaire trap.

postgame: watch intently hoping to see torts self destruct on live tv
You can watch the animal channel's "Kingdom of Tortises" and see where Avery learned to "Turtle" while Kovalchuck punches him in his fat mouth!"

I love some of the comparisons you guys come up with.....Hopefully, Marty will be sharing a pizza in celebration after the game.

Devils1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:

I was laughing pretty hard at that thread actually. Almost as good as the Hurricanes one from earlier in the season.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:15 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichterkinghhank View Post
I hate to say this, but the devils had as many fans at MSG as we did the last game at the rock. there was like barely 1,000 rangers fans at the rock last game.
I dont think thats true, but even if it was...heres the difference--

If we had a team like the Devils do each year and they had a team like we do, there would not be a single Devil fan at MSG and we would control 70% of the crowd at the Rock.

Take 2008 for example. Not one Devil fan at MSG in the playoffs, but all Ranger fans at the rock. If we were actually competetive, there would be no comparison between the two fan bases. (There still is no comparison, but you get my point)

Anyway, Lets go Rangers!! We need a big effort tonight

Last edited by NyRangers88: 03-25-2010 at 02:42 PM.
NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Staals Eye
What me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Scocco View Post
You can watch the animal channel's "Kingdom of Tortises" and see where Avery learned to "Turtle" while Kovalchuck punches him in his fat mouth!"

I love some of the comparisons you guys come up with.....Hopefully, Marty will be sharing a pizza in celebration after the game.
Go back to your side of the board! LGR!!!! 3-2 Gabby with the hatty!!!!

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Al Trautwig
Throaty Roar

RANGERS! Whooooooo!

Al Trautwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:27 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Wow, I just read the devils game day board. lol, what a bunch of idiots. You guys are right when you say they care more about us then themsevles.

Whoever strated that GDT is possibly the biggest moron on this board.

Old
03-25-2010, 02:29 PM
NYRangers77

NEVER root for your team to tank. They will not get top 5 pick so better make a push and hope for a miracle. Then in the 1st round vs washington hope for another miracle.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!

NYRangers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:29 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
you must be kidding me....?

halfway through game 4 in 06 there were more devils fans in MSG than Rangers fans.
I'm sorry, obviously I meant 2008.

And either way that statement is wrong, we had "Lets Go Rangers" chants in the final minute of the game 4 sweep. I didn't hear anything like that at the rock in game 5...oh wait thats right. Because they all left

Old
03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Anderson

Damn, just looked over there. Nothing quite as funny as seeing people with 12-20 thousand posts in less than a year calling other people losers.

Anyway, Go RANGERS!!!

Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:42 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
you guys are a bunch of sensitive sallys over here...our GDTs are like that no matter WHO we play, not just vs. you guys....
Interesting...

Old
03-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojanglez View Post
Peters is in, Pelley is out. So that also means no PL3. I'm not a fan of this lineup change - I'm thinking this board will be.
I'm actually more concerned about the hockey game than which one of your talentless hacks is in the lineup.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Levitate

Quote:

I know there are plenty of people on this board who will put down the Devils or say rude things about them, but I'm almost shocked at how much more beligerant they are on their board. I mean almost their entire gameday post is devoted to putting down the Rangers and their fans. I'm not sure why Devils fans always seem to be more beligerant (to reuse the word) like that

edit: well, now we have people saying all their game day posts are like that, but I stand by my statements based on general interaction with Devils fans over multiple message boards. Obviously not all are bad and there are plenty, PLENTY of terrible Rangers fans. I'm just not sure if it's a skewed perception on my part or there's something different with how the Devils fan base as a generalization conducts itself

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:47 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I know there are plenty of people on this board who will put down the Devils or say rude things about them, but I'm almost shocked at how much more beligerant they are on their board. I mean almost their entire gameday post is devoted to putting down the Rangers and their fans. I'm not sure why Devils fans always seem to be more beligerant (to reuse the word) like that
Thats exactly right. I dont know why they are so obsessed with us, its really wierd. But anyway, I guess in an honor that a rival spends so much time hating us?

Funny how Devil fans consider us thier number 1 rival, but I and many others consider the Islanders, Flyers, and maybe even Canadians bigger rivals than them.

Bring on the Devil troller's to quote me!

Old
03-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I'm actually more concerned about the hockey game than which one of your talentless hacks is in the lineup.
well, that wasn't directed towards you. It was directed towards the person who would have cared. Grow up

EDIT and considering Andrew Peters is god awful, I think that directly relates to the game... as opposed to Leblond, who has shown some (if only a little bit) more skill

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

ahhhh god I wish I knew how it felt to watch such a boring team that would make me obsessed with another that plays in a real city, even when the rangers suck they're more interesting. Please fold.

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote