HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best/Worst Carolina trades

Old
03-24-2010, 05:04 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
I'm a part time ass hole, just ask bluegreen.. Is that ok?
well by the time i respond to anything youve said - youve added two or three more posts and im totally behind the conversation. like i just said i obviously i was making an argument over the burke issue and people making judgments over issues they dont know the details to, and you were just arguing with me for the fun of it and had me dancing all over the place when id missed the point two pages ago. yes, you are a part time *******. no, i dont mind. getting pissed about not realizing you were a cop gets annoying, you were talking about laws and everyone who has talked to me on here that way says they are a lawyer so my bad going that way. it wasnt as obvious as you mightve thought and was an easy mistake. we are both on the streets every day and obviously what happens here will be different than there. im good.

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
well by the time i respond to anything youve said - youve added two or three more posts and im totally behind the conversation. like i just said i obviously i was making an argument over the burke issue and people making judgments over issues they dont know the details to, and you were just arguing with me for the fun of it and had me dancing all over the place when id missed the point two pages ago. yes, you are a part time *******. no, i dont mind. getting pissed about not realizing you were a cop gets annoying, you were talking about laws and everyone who has talked to me on here that way says they are a lawyer so my bad going that way. it wasnt as obvious as you mightve thought and was an easy mistake. we are both on the streets every day and obviously what happens here will be different than there. im good.
Just don't ask me to dance again

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:05 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Did you just ask me to dance?
only if we're both in uniform. i love me a man in uniform.

Old
03-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
only if we're both in uniform. i love me a man in uniform.

Old
03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
If the Carolina Panthers moved to Hartford and the fans needed announcements explaining what a yellow flag on the field means I think you would be pretty pissed about that.
It would be similar to an announcer saying "ball" or "strike" after each pitch of a baseball game. Something to roll your eyes at, sure, but not at all relevant to the issues that caused the team to move in the first place.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
It would be similar to an announcer saying "ball" or "strike" after each pitch of a baseball game. Something to roll your eyes at, sure, but not at all relevant to the issues that caused the team to move in the first place.
Didn't say it was relevant to the issues, I just understand why it would piss someone off at the time.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:44 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
the whole arguement had NOTHING to do with the issues or negativity about the team leaving. the original reference was used in terms of sanderson and burke having a tough first few months there in NC, and that they were dispatched because jr wanted to change up the team, not because they underperformed, and he got back woeful return for what he had sent away. he sold low....really low. my original point was not trying to talk smack about NC - i think the team is doing awesome there and have no problem at all with the situation, and im from CT originally. i felt karpa took it the wrong way and it just went downhill from there. there was no slight meant originally, it makes total sense they would need to explain things to new fans. it was just tough to see them go from where they were to there, and they even said it was tough on them at first.

Old
03-24-2010, 05:59 PM
karparules

And this all just proves my point-Martin Gelinas was awesome. Even now, he can stir things up on the message boards!

karparules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Tank King Jimmy
DO LESS BETTER

The fact that you guys have JMFJ and TMFG avatars make this all the more hilarious.

Tank King Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:24 PM
GIN ANTONIC

RE: Bleedgreen vs. Hurricane_SVT

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:09 PM
bleedgreen

well i never got chance to talk about the good ones yesterday. my favorite move overall would be ron francis, but thats not a trade. as much as i hate this trade personally as it started the de-whalering of the team i think the first "canes" trade was one of the best. giguere and cassels for roberts and kidd was the first move to give the team a new identity and a new leader. roberts has to be considered a founding building block on the hard working team they've been in NC, he helped a lot of guys get an idea of what it takes. to this day the team has never fully replaced him, cole has had his moments. they could use a leader who can score a bit, but is known more for being tenacious. my vote would be for morrow, if he were ever available. i disliked the roberts trade because it broke up the top line and giguere was the future face of the team. i didnt think anything of kidd, but i knew roberts was a good move. classic jr trade, give up the future for a better now - but its one that was at least in a way a win-win.

i also like the hedican trade quite a bit, few trades in nc led to greater success.

Old
03-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
well i never got chance to talk about the good ones yesterday. my favorite move overall would be ron francis, but thats not a trade. as much as i hate this trade personally as it started the de-whalering of the team i think the first "canes" trade was one of the best. giguere and cassels for roberts and kidd was the first move to give the team a new identity and a new leader. roberts has to be considered a founding building block on the hard working team they've been in NC, he helped a lot of guys get an idea of what it takes. to this day the team has never fully replaced him, cole has had his moments. they could use a leader who can score a bit, but is known more for being tenacious. my vote would be for morrow, if he were ever available. i disliked the roberts trade because it broke up the top line and giguere was the future face of the team. i didnt think anything of kidd, but i knew roberts was a good move. classic jr trade, give up the future for a better now - but its one that was at least in a way a win-win.

i also like the hedican trade quite a bit, few trades in nc led to greater success.
Wrong on all counts

Old
03-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

03-25-2010, 04:09 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Wrong on all counts
still waiting for that dance, you big stud.

changed up the jj to something more fitting for our stretch run.