HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Quibids - the addicting auction website

Old
03-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425
Quibids - the addicting auction website

*** BE WARNED ***

If you like gambling, bargain hunting, and are not comfortable with the possibility of some random jackrodder stealing your deal - don't even go to this website. It's a quirky mix of bluffing, gambling, lottery, auction and shopping all rolled into one.

www.quibids.com

It's consumed my time and that of many friends over the past few weeks but as it sits now I'm up about $100 in value from winning some great auctions cheap.

$8 ipod Nano 8GB
$2 Motorola bluetooth headset
$9 Weber cooking digital thermometer
$5 250 bid voucher

It's more complex than it appears, but lucky people drop in at the right times and steal deals for under 10 bids ($6 value) and walk away with macbooks, plasma tv's and DSLR cameras worth over $1000. Then there's the dark side where you bid over 100 times and walk away empty handed and pissed off, but I tell you it's fun if you have the knack for gambling and enjoy this sort of thing.

Another warning - don't think you can just swoop in and walk away winning big without also losing most the time. Some people have gotten ticked off because they didn't go ok with the idea of losing the bids they purchased.

IF you decide you want to sign up - do me a favor and PM me your email so I can refer you with a link. The self serving part of this post (and one you can use on all your friends in turn) is that any referrals you make net you 25 free bids once they finish their registration.

My advice is start by learning the ropes on small items like movies and headphones, etc... where the competition is relatively easy. Don't go after the big ticket things until you have some success or you may just be throwing your money away.

At any rate - it's been around a little over 6 months now and I've received all the items I've won (it's legit) and they're brand new - bought off Amazon.com more often than not. No hate mail please if you lose your shirt and have nothing to show for it... it requires both luck and skill at the same time. Enjoy.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote