HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers interested in Bodrov's brother?

Old
03-25-2010, 02:11 PM
JSTAFF

vCash: 500
Powe sucks. who cares. More importantly, lets get some Russians on this team and get rid of these cocky NA players.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:30 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Powe sucks. who cares. More importantly, lets get some Russians on this team and get rid of these cocky NA players.
Try telling that to Snider

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Try telling that to Snider
IMO We'll see more Russians/Euros to help keep costs down in the cap world especially since we don't have high picks to replenish the prospect pool.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
IMO We'll see more Russians/Euros to help keep costs down in the cap world especially since we don't have high picks to replenish the prospect pool.
Snider would rather have cheap NA players who will amount to nothing than taking a risk on Europeans.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I agree. The Flyers seem fairly aggressive, maybe more so this offseason.

The real question is, how many people does Holmgren think he can fit on our AHL team?

We've already looked at how stacked the Phantoms look next year.

Now try to fit in E. Bodrov, Popov, and Kempe who the Flyers are all trying to convince to come over by 2011-12 at the latest.

They're going after Jussi Rynnas and Sergei Bobrovsky. On top of that they got Carter Hutton and Nicola Riopel likely on the Phantoms next year. Don't forget Eriksson who can't be all that far away.

Bertilsson is waiting as well, and there were even rumors he'd be coming over this offseason.

Now add Luke Pither, Shane Harper, Ben Holmstrom, Mike Testwuide, and Tyler Hostetter to Eric Wellwood, Dave Labrecque, Zac Rinaldo, and maybe even De Serres who could all be, and most will definitely be, joining the Phantoms next season.
I don't think squeezing them all in on the Phantoms is an issue.

If the Euros aren't ready, they can go home for another year. The rest can go to the ECHL, be loaned to a Euro team too. Some of the CHL guys could be sent back to play as overagers if necessary too, if they aren't too old.

Bring'em all in, see who has what it takes..... Ship'em out if they don't cut it.

Lukas Kaspar is the model. I was hoping would work out, but when it didn't, boom, off he goes.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 03:28 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
This is what we should see. But with Sniders hate for them, we may not.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 04:24 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Snider would rather have cheap NA players who will amount to nothing than taking a risk on Europeans.
That's not true. Tertyshny was a guy the Flyers organization was very high on. Nobody could anticipate that terrible accident that killed him. Marcus Ragnarsson was another guy that the Flyers organization thought highly of. Same with Sami Kapanen, Kimo Timonen, Ilka Sinisalo, Pelle Eklund, etc.... You can go through the list of players who played for the Flyers and with regards to European content, there was never an issue. The only issue that ever stemmed with the Flyers in terms of European players had to do with Dimitri Yushkevich and his agent, Mark Gandler. After dealing Yushkevich, Clarke stated that he would never deal with another player who was represented by Mark Gandler. Now, I know Yushkevich came back several years later, but none the less, the whole Mark Gandler thing (not sure what the story was) really irked Clarke. And it seems other organizations as well aren't too fond of dealing with Mark Gandler either (especially Ottawa).

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 04:30 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I don't think squeezing them all in on the Phantoms is an issue.

If the Euros aren't ready, they can go home for another year. The rest can go to the ECHL, be loaned to a Euro team too. Some of the CHL guys could be sent back to play as overagers if necessary too, if they aren't too old.

Bring'em all in, see who has what it takes..... Ship'em out if they don't cut it.

Lukas Kaspar is the model. I was hoping would work out, but when it didn't, boom, off he goes.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Sign anyone who looks promising. If they make the team, great. If not, let 'em walk. May not be economically efficient, but it won't hurt the cap and could lead to big things.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
bennysflyers16

"Another Bobka" ??????

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Sign anyone who looks promising. If they make the team, great. If not, let 'em walk. May not be economically efficient, but it won't hurt the cap and could lead to big things.
The only real limit is the 50 contracts, which I haven't looked at yet, but you can assume, with all the collegians and Jrs they signed, and if they're looking at Euros too, that anyone with an expiring contract is gonzo....

Don't have time to look into it now, but I'll have to dig up Chris' previous stuff and see how it looks.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:09 AM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I agree. The Flyers seem fairly aggressive, maybe more so this offseason.

The real question is, how many people does Holmgren think he can fit on our AHL team?

We've already looked at how stacked the Phantoms look next year.

Now try to fit in E. Bodrov, Popov, and Kempe who the Flyers are all trying to convince to come over by 2011-12 at the latest.

They're going after Jussi Rynnas and Sergei Bobrovsky. On top of that they got Carter Hutton and Nicola Riopel likely on the Phantoms next year. Don't forget Eriksson who can't be all that far away.

Bertilsson is waiting as well, and there were even rumors he'd be coming over this offseason.

Now add Luke Pither, Shane Harper, Ben Holmstrom, Mike Testwuide, and Tyler Hostetter to Eric Wellwood, Dave Labrecque, Zac Rinaldo, and maybe even De Serres who could all be, and most will definitely be, joining the Phantoms next season.
We Probably won't see him next year. He's good but there is probably still another year i junior in his future.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 04:04 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
"Another Bobka" ??????
cinnamon takes a back seat to no babka

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote