HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs avoid 2nd Epic Fail, win 4-1

Old
03-25-2010, 10:19 PM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
stop hijacking every thread already
show me 2 threads that I've ever hijacked. think before you speak, I am right.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Moen-Moore-Sergei are awesome together, huge two points and great to see Boston, Philly and Atlanta lose... even though the last two were in OT.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:21 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
3 years? Are you ****ing kidding me?
Don't even bother with him.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
neilsonftw

RDS are on crack, they think that metropolit is faster than Pyatt while the only reason he is still in the lineup is his speed

neilsonftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Making up for the one we couldn't get last night, we get 2 empty netters. But for those who say they've never seen that, they must not go back to 2004. Behold Game 6 vs. Boston:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBzyTkUNocI

(Skip to 2:17)
HAAA! Langdon's goal! <3

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Moen-Moore-Sergei are awesome together, huge two points and great to see Boston, Philly and Atlanta lose... even though the last two were in OT.
That's what I would like to see next year on our 3rd line,hopefully Moore will accept an extension

Pyatt-White and someone else on our 4th

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
You guys need to understand confidence. The team has it with Halak and they don't with Price. Why can't you understand that?
Yeah Right

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Crazy thing is now Gionta averages more goals/game than Cammalleri.
while i understand what your saying watsa, but

gionta's career high also happens to be 48.. to cammy's 39

everyone expects cammy to score more cuz hes coming OFF of the 39 and LOOKs like more of a sniper

but bobby g has scored 48 once before, and it didnt happen by accident

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
3 years? Are you ****ing kidding me?
No matter who plays, I'm happy when the Habs win. But in the last 15 months, Halak has totally dominated Price

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That's what I would like to see next year on our 3rd line,hopefully Moore will accept an extension
Moore won't have any problems with an extension if its what he's worth. The problem is, can we afford him.

Old
03-25-2010, 10:25 PM
HomaridII

Just came back from the game, here are my quick observations ..

1) Hal Gill is slow in case you did not know. Very painful to watch skating backwards, very painful.

2) Plekanec did not have his best game IMO, but made a very nice play to play the puck past the panthers D on the empty net goal.

3) Moore's line was fantastic again.

4) Halak was good when he had to be and in the second period he made a couple of great saves despite not seeing much action, hardest thing to do for a goalie.

5) Gionta never stops working when he is on the ice, he is like the energizer bunny. I am so glad we signed this guy.

6) Everytime Martin wanted a player to speak to the refs, he would send Cammalleri to do so, even if he wasn't on the ice. I found this very interesting.

7) I am not sure if you guys will kill me for saying this, but I would rather have Subban playing for us than Spacek. He has moments where he is very good, but most of the time he is unbearable to watch because I expected so much more from the guy.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

That felt way too much like the buffalo game... phew

I dont know if we are doing 3 stars anymore, but I thought Josh Gorges was rock solid tonight. Arguably, his best game of the season.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:27 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
No matter who plays, I'm happy when the Habs win. But in the last 15 months, Halak has totally dominated Price
Since the All-star break last year Halak has been better. Don't know how that turns into 3 years lol.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:27 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
while i understand what your saying watsa, but

gionta's career high also happens to be 48.. to cammy's 39

everyone expects cammy to score more cuz hes coming OFF of the 39 and LOOKs like mroe of a sniper

but bobby g has score 48 once before, and it didnt happen by accident
I think most people realize that Cammy is more of a goal scorer than Gio. I also think most people realize that 48 was an anomoly for Gio. I think he's a 30 goal scorer on average(on the high end). I think Cammy is in the 35 goal range (or hoping)

Old
03-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Halak was great during the first minutes (FLO had 2-3 scoring opportunities early in the game), Moen and Moore were solid, Gionta led the way (again!) and Gill joining the rush deep in enemy territory was my favourite part of the game!

I saw a lot of Habs skating hard on the backcheck (Lapierre, Pyatt...); good game.

We are two points ahead of PHI... and a few steps closer to PLAYOFFS!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:28 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
6) Everytime Martin wanted a player to speak to the refs, he would send Cammalleri to do so, even if he wasn't on the ice. I found this very interesting.
I still think Cammy is the best option for Captain, next to Captain Kelowna of course.

Old
03-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Hades

Quote:

1) Hal Gill is slow in case you did not know. Very painful to watch skating backwards, very painful.

2) Plekanec did not have his best game IMO, but made a very nice play to play the puck past the panthers D on the empty net goal.

4) Halak was good when he had to be and in the second period he made a couple of great saves despite not seeing much action, hardest thing to do for a goalie.

5) Gionta never stops working when he is on the ice, he is like the energizer bunny. I am so glad we signed this guy.

7) I am not sure if you guys will kill me for saying this, but I would rather have Subban playing for us than Spacek. He has moments where he is very good, but most of the time he is unbearable to watch because I expected so much more from the guy.

I'm surprised with this. I think Spacek has been playing better lately.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
scottyG

Quote:
Lol. Last year if Halak was the goalie for the majority of the games(after january 1) he would've looked bad too. Unfortunetly Price was to goalie and got ****ed statistically because of how bad his team was.

This year Halak was better then Price from December-Break. From the break to now no goalie domianted anyone. Price has just been alot more unlucky then Halak.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:

nah bro not gonna kill ya , i kept saying all night to my bro "were a better team with subban..its crazy to say but we are"... the only problem i have with your comment is spacek, spacek has been GREAT lately and its HAMMER who is the one thats looking worn out, i feel bad for the guy, but i honestly cant wait for subban to be on this team, its too bad it cant be this year

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TankEller*

Quote:

You don't know crap about hockey if you actually wnat Spacek out the way he's playing right now. He's probably as good defensively as Markov since the olympic break.

The more I watch it, the more I would rather see Gauthier trade Hamrlik before Spacek.

Just keep in mind: +13. And he has played for a huge part of the season against top-lines.

Mush's a keeper.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:31 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

And I wished good luck to Vokoun

I guess it worked

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:32 PM
macavoy

Quote:
I don't get why they absolutely refuse to play Spacek on his proper side.

Old
03-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I don't get why they absolutely refuse to play Spacek on his proper side.
That gets me, too. I mean, it's like it's not even an option (maybe too obvious?).

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
You don't know crap about hockey if you actually wnat Spacek out the way he's playing right now. He's probably as good defensively as Markov since the olympic break.

The more I watch it, the more I would rather see Gauthier trade Hamrlik before Spacek.

Just keep in mind: +13. And he has played for a huge part of the season against top-lines.

Mush's a keeper.
Agreed, I don't get why people are still hating on Spacek he's been playing great since the break. He's been disappointing offensively this year but he has been a lot better defensively than I expected and a lot of the hates he gets isn't called for.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onisac View Post
I'm surprised with this. I think Spacek has been playing better lately.
Replace "better" by "great" and I would agree! He still can’t hit the net during the PP though!

Btw... Bergeron has one of the hardest shot in the league but he also has a knack at finding the seam; tonight was a good example.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote