HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs avoid 2nd Epic Fail, win 4-1

Old
03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Agreed, I don't get why people are still hating on Spacek he's been playing great since the break. He's been disappointing offensively this year but he has been a lot better defensively than I expected and a lot of the hates he gets isn't called for.
I don't have a problem with his defensive play, I do have a problem with only 2 assists in the last 12 games, no goals since December 4th and not the most consistent breakout passes I've ever seen.

I expected much more than that to be honest, I mean, no goals AT ALL in 2010? NONE? and only 2 assists in 12 games for a guy who has been playing 1st PP unit most of that time? Sorry, I am disappointed, VERY disappointed.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
I don't have a problem with his defensive play, I do have a problem with only 2 assists in the last 12 games, no goals since December 4th and not the most consistent breakout passes I've ever seen.

I expected much more than that to be honest, I mean, no goals AT ALL in 2010? NONE? and only 2 assists in 12 games for a guy who has been playing 1st PP unit most of that time? Sorry, I am disappointed, VERY disappointed.
while i also think hes been playing GREAT lately

your REALLY bang on on the offensive part tho

i rly also did expect waaay more offensivly from spacek and especialy recently now that he Is playing well

good news is tho, maybe itll come next year! or better yet maybe itll come in the playoffS!

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:43 PM
scottyG

Bob Hartley

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I can't stand how the pronounce some of those names... Plekanec told Brunet that he's supposed to say "Vo-Cone" instead of Vokoun, but it doesn't sound right and they're the only ones who say it like that and it annoys the hell out of me.

They say Dvorak like it's Voracek, and it gets me all confused!

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:

Look at his career stats, he's broke double digits in goals only 1 year. People's expectations for him offensively were set too high this year. Obviously it would be nice to get more offensive production from him but its hard to expect a 35 year old guy to repeat a career offensive season from last year.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Just watching L'attaque a cinq..

They were having a discussion on Pleks being the comeback player of the year and the discussion ended in a Price/Halak conversation.

The beautiful Evelyne chimes in saying how it is funny that no matter the topic the conversation always turns into a Price/Halak debate.

Ain't that the truth.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
while i understand what your saying watsa, but

gionta's career high also happens to be 48.. to cammy's 39

everyone expects cammy to score more cuz hes coming OFF of the 39 and LOOKs like more of a sniper

but bobby g has scored 48 once before, and it didnt happen by accident
Well Bobby G has scored 48 in one season, but not more than 25 in his 6 other seasons. Can you say career year? Anyway, he is now at 25, and he has been very good this season.

But it is normal to expect Cammy to score mon goals because he is the best goalscorer of the 2.

Jamie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Why does he deserve to start? Do you honestly think HE IS MORE DESERVING THAN HALAK?

Don't get me wrong, Price is a great goalie, but can you explain why you think he is MORE deserving than Halak?
because price played well in his last start. he is bigger than the team.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:47 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Look at his career stats, he's broke double digits in goals only 1 year. People's expectations for him offensively were set too high this year.
You are right I think, maybe its not Spacek's fault but ours, or mine, to be more specific.

He has been very very good defensively since the Olympic break, that I agree with.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
You are right I think, maybe its not Spacek's fault but ours, or mine, to be more specific.

He has been very very good defensively since the Olympic break, that I agree with.
Meanwhile, his defensive partner seems to be going in the opposite direction. They really need Roman to find his game in order to make any noise.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
Just came back from the game, here are my quick observations ..

1) Hal Gill is slow in case you did not know. Very painful to watch skating backwards, very painful.

2) Plekanec did not have his best game IMO, but made a very nice play to play the puck past the panthers D on the empty net goal.

3) Moore's line was fantastic again.

4) Halak was good when he had to be and in the second period he made a couple of great saves despite not seeing much action, hardest thing to do for a goalie.

5) Gionta never stops working when he is on the ice, he is like the energizer bunny. I am so glad we signed this guy.

6) Everytime Martin wanted a player to speak to the refs, he would send Cammalleri to do so, even if he wasn't on the ice. I found this very interesting.

7) I am not sure if you guys will kill me for saying this, but I would rather have Subban playing for us than Spacek. He has moments where he is very good, but most of the time he is unbearable to watch because I expected so much more from the guy.
This couldn't be any further from the truth. Spatch has been fantastic since the Olympic break. Problem with the first half of season is he was forced to play 25 mins a night without Markov. He was physically and mentally worn down.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I can't stand how the pronounce some of those names... Plekanec told Brunet that he's supposed to say "Vo-Cone" instead of Vokoun, but it doesn't sound right and they're the only ones who say it like that and it annoys the hell out of me.

They say Dvorak like it's Voracek, and it gets me all confused!
lol Vorjack

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:53 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Meanwhile, his defensive partner seems to be going in the opposite direction. They really need Roman to find his game in order to make any noise.
Agreed, I think they need to take him off the PP and just play MAB for the full two minutes. Hamrlik has been playing 23-25 minutes a game and that is too much for a 35 year old... limit him to 20-21 minutes and hopefully he'll start playing like he was earlier in the year.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:54 PM
twosaints

You can always tell people from English Canada when foreign name pronunciation boggles their minds

twosaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Darth Joker

Great to see that the team learned its lesson from the Buffalo game!

When the other team pulls its goalie, go for a goal.

That's the biggest difference I saw tonight compared to the Buffalo game. Against Buffalo we were just hanging on for dear life after they pulled their goalie (both times). Against Florida, I saw hunger in the eyes of the Habs players to score on that empty net.

That's good! That's what you need against a team that's pulled its goalie.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Souvenirs

I think ''Vorjack'' sounds weird too, but Pierre Houde actually makes the effort to ask about how every player's names are pronounced. Vo-kon, Vorjack, even Plekanets' pronunciation bother a lot of people but that's how they say it. Some radio show laughed at Houde and called an hotel in Czech Republic to verify, and they confirmed that he pronounced it the right way.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:06 PM
DumFries

Even though I hate to say it, we might be assisting at a Price exodus this summer. Expect Halak to get a big raise this summer. Due to cap considerations, Price will get the boot. The team doesn't perform well when he plays. If Halak plays bad next year and Price performs well for his new team, the Habs will go into another rebuilding mode for years to come. Big headaches for the organization. If Pleks is gone, it will hurt really bad unless the Habs attract Kovalchuk somehow.

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:12 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Spacek was excellent tonight. Probably our best defenseman. Hamrlik looked better too which is good news considering he's been mostly dreadful since the break.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

cant tell me this guys not lovin being a hab right now

jerseys crowd must of been laughable compared to this place, he's on top of the world in montreal, it must be a great feeling, everyone of these players feels it at some point or another

Old
03-25-2010, 10:19 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHab View Post
Even though I hate to say it, we might be assisting at a Price exodus this summer. Expect Halak to get a big raise this summer. Due to cap considerations, Price will get the boot.
We can afford both. League wide budget for goaltending is $6m. Both can be had for $6m.

Look at any playoff bound team, they all spend $6m on goaltending. We've been lucky we have too young cheap goaltenders.

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Dannyhab

Injury to David booth

Is David Booth ok? I was at the game and could only find scarce info on his injury. He looked in very bad shape leaving the ice and then then guy next to me was saying he was taken to the hospital and they were having trouble with him or something to this effect.

Dannyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyhab View Post
Is David Booth ok? I was at the game and could only find scarce info on his injury. He looked in very bad shape leaving the ice and then then guy next to me was saying he was taken to the hospital and they were having trouble with him or something to this effect.
He had a mild concussion but was coherent.

I hope his season is over. He should take the rest of the year to rest and heal.

Seriously, poor guy.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:29 PM

I just hope he didn't turn into a Eric Lindros. It's scary because Spacek just sneezed on him and he got a concussion.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

im not gonna lie, i think hes in serious trouble..

that richards hit was... a knockout hit.. richards was coming in FAST, dont be deceived by legs not moving on the ice, there still MOVING at an amount of speed, and picture a guy running on a floor the same speed as richards is going on the ice, it changes how much more dangerous the hit looks, on the ice its masked by the appearance of the body just leaning forward, legs not moving, hiding the speed of how hard that shoulder is actually pounding into booths head..

his brain got RATTLED man... thats 45 games missed, months

and now he just his head rattled AGAIN?, yeah not as lethal as the first shot, but, the worst thing you can do after getting a serious concussion, is getting another god damn concussion, and MAN, i think his brain just bounced off the wall again at the WORST possible time, fresh off a devastating blow to the head, i think his career is in big trouble

i mean like it could be just another headache but, i personally, think that hit to the head was a pretty costly one for booth..

totally legal hit tho, its just funny this happens on the DAY they ban headshots, his previous headshot being a big reason FOr the rule change, and goes and gets a legal headshot and probably ruins his career..

you couldnt of written this ****

Old
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
yathehabsrule

Video of the Spacek hit on Booth

Here's a look at the hit, which was totally clean and legal.

Right out the gate, a lot of Panthers fans and bloggers, and even the Canadian Press, were calling it an elbow/shoulder to the chin. It clearly is not.

I watched it numerous times and the impact is into the chest area. Booth's head snaps back from either the initial impact or managing to see it, while looking down, at the last minute.

I emailed both Dave Stubbs (Mtl Gazette) and Rick Moffat (CJAD), and both said there was no contact by Spacek to the head.

Sounds like Booth is ok and will apparently travel to Ottawa.

yathehabsrule is offline   Reply With Quote