HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings 1 v. Blues 3 (3/25/10) THOUGHTS AND TIDBITS

Old
03-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Diving Pokecheck*

vCash: 500
Ah yes, the unreactionary intelligent Kings' fan, a rare specimen indeed nowadays

"AMG WAVE STOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Who was responsible for the game tying goal yesterday?

JMFJ? Who has been well... useless on the powerplay?

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:22 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
Ah yes, the unreactionary intelligent Kings' fan, a rare specimen indeed nowadays

amg?

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:

I don't always agree with you, but you couldn't be more right.

People are actually listening to Kurrilino, I think I'm in bizarro world. Run to the hills!

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:26 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Let's see.....
Doughty,
has an average ice time of over 25 minutes/ game. 2nd year NHL player. Yes he's awesome but God damn it management and coaching staff he shouldn't be close to this. Doughty played over 29 minutes tonight.
Kopitar,
He is 2nd in the league in average ice time(at forward) at 21:55/ game and today he had over 24 I believe.
Quick,
Has played as a 1st year goaltender(as a 1st year more or less - at 24) the 2nd most minutes in the league.
Is anyone surprised why we are sliding into the playoffs? Our management should be completely held accountable for this especially with so much available money in the bank.
Our coaching staff should be held accountable for a lack of distribution of available assets.
I certainly hope we make it past the first round(That is all AEG and Management wants{not to mention 4th place which will allow them potentially an extra home game}
I will not be one bit surprised if we are destroyed in the first round no matter where we finish.
Quick playing again tonight? What did that accomplish but further damage his confidence?
Yes it's a loss but it means something. It doesn't matter if we win the next game or not because the same format will be used. Overplay Kopi. overplay Doughty Overplay Quick. Brutal
So if Murray doesn't put Doughty or Kopitar on ice, who else is/are enough "skilled" player to replace them?

NO ONE. All other players excel at grinding. This team lacks a speedy goalscorer and a TOP 4 defensman who can QB a powerplay as Sahara lacks water.

Out of Kings defensman, who is a offensive threat outside of Doughty? Yea, that's a problem.

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:43 PM
kingdoughty

Quote:
Let's see.....
Doughty,
has an average ice time of over 25 minutes/ game. 2nd year NHL player. Yes he's awesome but God damn it management and coaching staff he shouldn't be close to this. Doughty played over 29 minutes tonight.
Kopitar,
He is 2nd in the league in average ice time(at forward) at 21:55/ game and today he had over 24 I believe.
Quick,
Has played as a 1st year goaltender(as a 1st year more or less - at 24) the 2nd most minutes in the league.
Is anyone surprised why we are sliding into the playoffs? Our management should be completely held accountable for this especially with so much available money in the bank.
Our coaching staff should be held accountable for a lack of distribution of available assets.
I certainly hope we make it past the first round(That is all AEG and Management wants{not to mention 4th place which will allow them potentially an extra home game}
I will not be one bit surprised if we are destroyed in the first round no matter where we finish.
Quick playing again tonight? What did that accomplish but further damage his confidence?
Yes it's a loss but it means something. It doesn't matter if we win the next game or not because the same format will be used. Overplay Kopi. overplay Doughty Overplay Quick. Brutal
You don't know what you're talking about dude. Doughty and Kopitar play amazing almost every game and have always been able to handle the minutes given to them. Plus they're going to mature much faster by getting so many playing minutes against the top players in the league.

It was a team loss. Williams is sucking along with many others that need to step their game up

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:43 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
Out of Kings defensman, who is a offensive threat outside of Doughty? Yea, that's a problem.
Meh. FYI, Johnson is 38th in scoring amongst defensemen which places him in the upper third of scoring for #2 d-men. Our offensive contribution from dmen may not be amazing but it is still above average league-wide.

With Hickey coming up and JJ still improving, I'm happy with where we are at moving forward.

willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

we just need Kovalchuk as the left point on the powerplay, then we are all set

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoughty View Post
You don't know what you're talking about dude. Doughty and Kopitar play amazing almost every game and have always been able to handle the minutes given to them. Plus they're going to mature much faster by getting so many playing minutes against the top players in the league.

It was a team loss. Williams is sucking along with many others that need to step their game up
Obviously you have trouble reading my points or perhaps you are a young fan. Awesome. Love young fans. However, my pt is management and coaching staff is relying on three players solely hoping to make an extra 5-10 million for the team by cheaping it and hopefully making it past the first round. Cheaping it and getting an extra home game in the playoffs.
Do you realize how much a 3rd game at home is for a playoff series? (if we make 4th and get a 5th game at home is massive for the owners)They do not budget for this, the players do not get paid. This management is cheaping it and exploiting it and taking advantage of potential monies and failing deliver good help for our star players.
This pisses me off. yes, I hope we do well but there is no way these three guys should play as much as they do with 10 # million sitting on the table.
God help us if one of our overused stars get injured especially doughty or Kopi.

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 11:08 PM
MxK1NGS

I really wonder what TM tells the players after a game like that? Does he say something stupid like you guys worked hard but couldn't bury your chances or does he do the right thing by saying that was disappointing game and I expect much better?

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 11:31 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:

Ive always disliked Stoll do some research

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 11:39 PM
funky

for a team that was not suppose to be a playoff contender and has developed a Norris canidate, a ppg center and had a 2nd year goalie that blew away the old mark for wins, while still having a #1 top rated AHL and CHL goalie, a CHL scoring leader, a top 10 rated prospect and a cupboard of support players, a goon ready to dethrone Ivanans, and numerous picks in an upcoming draft.........................................

Quit your b_tchin and be thankful for what we have and look at what we will become. Rome wasn't built in a day

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:01 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Post game is up:

Quote:
Before I go into the rest of this, I want to make it very clear that I believe the Blues are breaking a rule every time they hit the ice. As I remember writing it, no team is allowed more than one player who uses a pair of initials as a first name. And even then, there is a provision that defines financial restitution that must be paid each game in the sum of 10% of the player in questions’ salary, as well as a $20 fine paid by the broadcasters every time an announcer uses the so-called first names of these players who are too embarrassed by the silly first names their parents gave them. Point being, one of B.J. or T.J. has got to go.
I promise I actually talk about the game too

The rest: http://lakingsnews.com/2010/03/25/ki...lize-on-karma/

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Defgarden

Well crap. PP sucked. They were trying some funky stuff that didn't work out at all. At least Calgary lost.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:33 AM
kingdoughty

Quote:
Obviously you have trouble reading my points or perhaps you are a young fan. Awesome. Love young fans. However, my pt is management and coaching staff is relying on three players solely hoping to make an extra 5-10 million for the team by cheaping it and hopefully making it past the first round. Cheaping it and getting an extra home game in the playoffs.
Do you realize how much a 3rd game at home is for a playoff series? (if we make 4th and get a 5th game at home is massive for the owners)They do not budget for this, the players do not get paid. This management is cheaping it and exploiting it and taking advantage of potential monies and failing deliver good help for our star players.
This pisses me off. yes, I hope we do well but there is no way these three guys should play as much as they do with 10 # million sitting on the table.
God help us if one of our overused stars get injured especially doughty or Kopi.
you're crazy stop looking into **** that isn't there. they play kopitar and doughty so much because they are by far our best two players and it's not even close

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:33 AM
KingLB

Quote:
God I love old fans that don't understand how the league works. First off we have all that cap space cause, you know people are gonna need raises soon.....and that you don't blow your wad for one season to make sure "kopi and doughty don't play to much" when those two are 2 of the only players that have been bringing it all season. If anyone's played well enough to earn even more time this season its them. Secondly on your point about players getting paid in the playoffs is way off. First players do get paid, and its based on how far they get in the playoffs....guess where they get this money???? O yea from the revenues made (by the teams) in the playoffs, weird how that works.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It's like day and night when comparing the Kings team that played in Denver against the team that showed up tonight. They're most likely exhausted. They didn't get in STL till 2AM. They should get right back in the win column against Dallas at home.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:00 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It's like day and night when comparing the Kings team that played in Denver against the team that showed up tonight. They're most likely exhausted. They didn't get in STL till 2AM. They should get right back in the win column against Dallas at home.
I think LA played pretty well for the most part. It is one of those games where one team dominates, but still comes out on the losing end.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:01 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Hollywood, you're dead wrong. Lombardi is being smart and preserving cap space to retain the young players we have. This is not a fleeting moment in time, this organization has been rebuilt from the ground up and they will be good for a very long time - barring catastrophic injury to one of our key players Kopitar or Doughty.

And look, we have Schenn and Hickey coming up too. So are you still going to blow huge dollars on a guy Kovalchuk and end up against the cap like the Blackhawks?

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:08 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Btw, the Kings were 1-3 vs the Blues this season, so just chock them up for another team that just played well against us.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:17 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Limping into the playoffs.
To a quick sweep.

This team is beyond frustrating and has been so since the break. This season is pretty much over. It's going to be fun to watch some playoff hockey, but we won't get past the first round.

This team has a long way to go before they can even consider winning a Cup.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Who knows what they'll look like come playoff time - if they even make it.

They could be out in four, or they could play like never before.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
there's no question that Bernier>Quick looks wise
On a side note, is it just me or does Kopitar remind you of a raccoon with the dark circles over the eyes?

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 04:55 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Who knows what they'll look like come playoff time - if they even make it.

They could be out in four, or they could play like never before.
I'm not too concerned. The games we lose its usually because we come out flat, our effort the 2nd half of the game (when there's more on the line) is usually better. Although this inconsistency is concerning, there's something to be said about how well our team has been playing later in games when its really on the line. We're a lot less likely to come out slow in a playoff game than we are in a mid-march game against the St. Louis Blues.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 06:53 AM
Takavorner

It feels like this board thinks we need to go 82-0-0 to be successful in a season or something. 2nd leg of a back to back on the road, the COL game ended 20 hrs before this one started, we're playing one of the best PK squads in the league, and all I hear is the sky is falling. You guys really think we're going to come out flat and unmotivated and looking past a mediocre opponent like tonight come playoff time? I have faith in our players to do otherwise.

I feel bad for some of you guys. We're going to make the playoffs, quit worrying and try and actually enjoy the first playoff run in almost a decade. Is that not enough at this point?

Cmon guys, let's keep believin here...

Takavorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:01 AM
sueroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
for a team that was not suppose to be a playoff contender and has developed a Norris canidate, a ppg center and had a 2nd year goalie that blew away the old mark for wins, while still having a #1 top rated AHL and CHL goalie, a CHL scoring leader, a top 10 rated prospect and a cupboard of support players, a goon ready to dethrone Ivanans, and numerous picks in an upcoming draft.........................................

Quit your b_tchin and be thankful for what we have and look at what we will become. Rome wasn't built in a day
For sure! I do think they built the team this year with the purpose to be a playoff contender, and they have achieved that goal. The fact that they were bottom dwellers last year to fighting to secure a good position in the playoff rankings is quite an achievement. A lot of the young ones are still learning what it takes to compete as a playoff contender, and at this time of year Kings fans should be more than aware of how loose teams that are out of contention can play and how they can compete extremely well against the better seeded teams.

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote