HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Anyone listening or attending tonights game?

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 06:32 PM
colosilverado

vCash: 500
Uhhhhhggggghhhh. Post game summary...pepperoni and cereal don't go well together.

Sorry for the interjection into Jori's great updates.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:36 PM
colosilverado

Martin Skoula is the King Soopers star of the game. Sauve says the last goal squeaked through his legs and he thought he had it. He said he felt good and was square to the shots.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:40 PM
colosilverado

Ahhhh, maybe a conspiracy theory. The Avs may have been taking penalties to work on the PK! Sounds like the are all having lots of fun in training camp so far. Dmo said that they all took turns running at the guy (Moschividiviliv whatever it was) to stick up for Joe.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Breeze

Thanks to those who kept the rest of us updated.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:41 PM
DarioinDenver

I'm pretty sure they kept Budaj up because they wanted a full game look at Sauve. So, my predictions on cuts after the game are...

DJ Smith, Cody McCormick, Tomas Slovak and Budaj.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:43 PM
4hockey8

Thanks to Colo and Jori for the play by play! Keeps us radio-starved fans in the game!

Old
09-25-2003, 06:51 PM
colosilverado

I agree with Dario on the possible cuts. Cummins seems to be a guy that can add to the team in a few different ways and Norm and Mike said he looks to be in good shape to make it.

I hope this sinks in with Skoula..shoot the freakin' puck. Especially since the forwards are gonna get the attention more than ever now. I remember Haynes talking about Skoula before he got called up and saying he was a bigger, faster Ozolinsh. Well, so far he has proven to be bigger and as adept at turning the puck over as Ozo, but not the scoring threat. Maybe he is now coming into his own, as some of you have been saying and hoping for. Man, what would I do if I didn't have Skoula and Tangers to cuss at during the games?

Tangers has looked more physical, Skoula is shooting more. What will happen next? Foppa dropping the gloves? If Skoula picks up his physical play and keeps shooting....look out!

Old
09-25-2003, 06:53 PM
colosilverado

Thanks for putting up with my feeble attempts at filling in for jori on the game and for my not sending people out with pitchforks and torches for the little Kariya teaser.........

Old
09-25-2003, 07:03 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
<b>Game Summary</b>

<i>Scoring</i>

Period 1

18:58 COL Martin Skoula 1 (Andrei Nikolishin, Marek Svatos)

Period 2

9:14 COL Rob Blake 1 (power play) (Teemu Selanne, Joe Sakic)
10:26 COL Andrei Nikolishin 1 (Martin Skoula, Marek Svatos)

Period 3

8:34 SJ Kyle McLaren 1 (power play) (Rob Davison, Wayne Primeau)
19:13 SJ Milan Michalek 1 (Christian Ehrhoff, Marco Sturm)

<i>Shots</i>

San Jose 36-26

<i>Power Play</i>

San Jose 1-10
Colorado 1-4

<i>Penalties</i>

Period 1

COL fighting - 5 min 0:54, J. Cummins
SJ fighting - 5 min 0:54, Y. Moscevsky
SJ hooking - 2 min 1:55, N. Dimitrakos
COL obstruction interference - 2 min 7:12, R. Blake
COL elbowing - 2 min 19:29, D. Morris

Period 2

COL high sticking - 2 min 1:31, A. Foote
COL high sticking - 2 min 1:31, A. Foote
SJ interference - 2 min 2:05, C. Ehrhoff
SJ interference - 2 min 2:42, C. Ehrhoff
SJ too many men on ice - 2 min 6:34, Bench served by C. McAllister
SJ interference with goaltender - 2 min 7:36, P. Marleau
COL holding - 2 min 12:55, J. Liles
SJ cross check - 2 min 12:55, A. Korolyuk
COL obstruction, holding the stick - 2 min 15:18, J. Cummins

Period 3

COL tripping - 2 min 0:32, R. Blake served by C. McAllister
COL elbowing - 2 min 4:58, J. Cummins
COL high sticking - 2 min 6:47, B. Battaglia
COL closing hand on puck - 2 min 10:12, R. Blake
COL butt ending - 2 min 14:14, A. Nikolishin
SJ roughing - 2 min 14:15, J. Fahey
COL charging - 2 min 14:15, M. Svatos
SJ tripping - 2 min 14:15, J. Fahey served by Y. Moscevsky

<i>Goaltenders</i>

SJ Kiprusoff 23-26
COL Sauve 34-36

<i>Up next</i>

Frozen Fury

The Avs and Kings hook up Saturday evening in Vegas for what has become a traditional preseason matchup. Game time is 8:30 PM MST.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:05 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by colosilverado
I can't remember if Haynes said something about Cummins' helmet slipping down, or not. Man, that pic looks pretty bad and is in stark contrast to the way the call of the fight went. Almost all punches landed by Cummins according to the call, adn maybe a left or 2 at the end by Moscevsky.
That's why I don't trust the radio call by local announcers. Moscevsky is freakin' monster too; good for Cummins to stick up for Sakic even if he lost and/or was bloodied. That could put Cummins over the top in making the team (or his minor penalties could put him the other way).

Old
09-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
<b>Game Summary</b>

<i>Penalties</i>

Period 2
SJ interference - 2 min 2:05, C. Ehrhoff
SJ interference - 2 min 2:42, C. Ehrhoff
That's not humanly possible, Jori, unless the Avs scored a PP after the 1st penalty. Ehrhoff couldn't have both minors in this scenario.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Yayo

Quote:
Tangers has looked more physical, Skoula is shooting more. What will happen next?
Maybe Cummins will tone done his minor penalties...

Old
09-25-2003, 07:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
That's why I don't trust the radio call by local announcers. Moscevsky is freakin' monster too; good for Cummins to stick up for Sakic even if he lost and/or was bloodied. That could put Cummins over the top in making the team (or his minor penalties could put him the other way).
Remember Dmo's fight last year??? He was doing pretty well, and then the ohter guy landed 1 hit.....blood coming out of the eye

Old
09-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Thanks for putting up with my feeble attempts at filling in for jori on the game and for my not sending people out with pitchforks and torches for the little Kariya teaser.........
What! We are out here, cant you smell the burning pitch outside your window ????

Old
09-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Remember Dmo's fight last year??? He was doing pretty well, and then the ohter guy landed 1 hit.....blood coming out of the eye
Problem is I've seen Cummins fight before and he's not the best fighter you'll ever see by a long stretch. Moscevsky is big and he's a pretty tough guy from what I've heard. Maybe Cummins won the fight, but I doubt it, especially from that picture and it certainly wasn't as one-sided as the announcers likely made it sound. The announcers can't tell, from where they're at, what punches are landing or where they're landing at. Cummins could have been punching helmet for all we know and the radio guys wouldn't know the difference anyway.

Not saying the radio announcers are flat wrong, but they are usually very biased when calling fights live from what I've heard of them and I'm very skeptical of their calls, especially of fights.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Hordichuk_24

No, Cummins isn't he best fighter by any means. But that doesn't really matter. They have Worrell for that. Cummins is a second tier guy. He is also willing to do whatever is needed to help his team. Even if it means doing something cheap (in retaliation to a cheap shot or something). So he is a good guy to have on your side. And "old school" type of player. I would still take him on my team anyday even at the age of 33.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Strizzi

How did Ehrhoff look?

Old
09-26-2003, 09:09 AM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strizzi
How did Ehrhoff look?
Radio guys were saying he had a laser from the point. Broke the Pepsi Center glass (no great feat), but still on a two occasions he had the Avalanche announcers taking notice.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
No, Cummins isn't he best fighter by any means. But that doesn't really matter. They have Worrell for that. Cummins is a second tier guy. He is also willing to do whatever is needed to help his team. Even if it means doing something cheap (in retaliation to a cheap shot or something). So he is a good guy to have on your side. And "old school" type of player. I would still take him on my team anyday even at the age of 33.
Directed to me? If so, it's not really necessary; I'm pretty well aware of Cummins' game already. The "dispute" was about if he actually won the fight based on the radio call, which I think is heavily biased and inaccurate, and the picture, which can be misleading at times. If the description wasn't for me, that's cool too. Just saying it's unnecessary for me.

Old
09-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Directed to me? If so, it's not really necessary; I'm pretty well aware of Cummins' game already. The "dispute" was about if he actually won the fight based on the radio call, which I think is heavily biased and inaccurate, and the picture, which can be misleading at times. If the description wasn't for me, that's cool too. Just saying it's unnecessary for me.
Yes that was directed at you. I wasn't trying to "talk down to you" or anything like that. I was just making a point. And I agree with what you said for the record.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:07 AM
PatrickRoy33

Send a message via ICQ to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via AIM to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via MSN to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via Yahoo to PatrickRoy33
A few on a fight site said Cummins did get the edge for being the busier of the 2 fighters.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:25 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Yes that was directed at you. I wasn't trying to "talk down to you" or anything like that. I was just making a point. And I agree with what you said for the record.
Oh yeah, I didn't believe you were condescending. I'm just not a person focused on the Avalanche and nothing else. If I was, then I believe your description would probably be beneficial. I've watched Cummins play for years with varying degrees of success and I like his style. There should be more guys in the league that will stand up for their teammates. Hell, Cummins did that for Sakic and he doesn't even have a contract. That act alone is all heart.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Oh yeah, I didn't believe you were condescending. I'm just not a person focused on the Avalanche and nothing else. If I was, then I believe your description would probably be beneficial. I've watched Cummins play for years with varying degrees of success and I like his style. There should be more guys in the league that will stand up for their teammates. Hell, Cummins did that for Sakic and he doesn't even have a contract. That act alone is all heart.
Totally agree.

Cummins has always been that way. Contract or not, he gives his all 110%. Wears his heart on his sleeve. He'll do anything for his team. He is one of the last of a dying breed. That is why I hope he can stick around for at least one more season.

Closed Thread