HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik ripped the Rangers during 3rd period TO

Old
03-26-2010, 05:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Henrik ripped the Rangers during 3rd period TO

Quote:
But there is more to Lundqvist than the goaltending support he provides that is Brodeurian in its consistency. Indeed, on a club whose locker room might be mistaken for transient housing, Lundqvist has emerged as a leader and spokesman.

He talks for the team the way Brodeur does for New Jersey. He talks-or shouts-at them at times the same way, too. A timeout midway through last night's third period after the Devils had swept in on a series of breakaways and odd-man rushes happened to be one of those times.

"I snapped," Lundqvist told The Post. "We were just giving up way too much, and I knew that it had to stop if we were going to win the game.

"I understand that you can't be screaming every time there are breakdowns, but sometimes I don't think it hurts to say a few words. I was definitely not happy."
Quote:
"I definitely feel the responsibility to be a leader and to say what's on my mind, whether on the ice or in meetings," Lundqvist said. "Even something like, when Aves [Sean Avery] and I were telling the guys earlier in the year about this rivalry, because so many of them are new and don't know."
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...Qev695hx5txOlK

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 06:23 AM
HAPPY HOUR

New players shouldn't have to be told about this rivalry. And at the very least it should be blatently obvious on their very first shift.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 06:41 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Maybe he should snap a little more.

UnderPSI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 07:00 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Henke is a leader. HE is the heart and soul of this team. Without a doubt. I don't think that there's anyone more influential on the team than Henke. Obviously, I'm not in the locker room and don't know that for fact, but as an observer of the team it seems pretty apparent.

Anyone that would even entertain the concept of trading him, for anything less than AO, is out of their minds. This guy is the definition of a franchise player. I'm a firm believer that you build from the net out, and Henrik is one of, if not THE best choice to drop in net and build around, league-wide.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:23 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Henke is a leader. HE is the heart and soul of this team. Without a doubt. I don't think that there's anyone more influential on the team than Henke. Obviously, I'm not in the locker room and don't know that for fact, but as an observer of the team it seems pretty apparent.

Anyone that would even entertain the concept of trading him, for anything less than AO, is out of their minds. This guy is the definition of a franchise player. I'm a firm believer that you build from the net out, and Henrik is one of, if not THE best choice to drop in net and build around, league-wide.
I would add Crosby to Ovechkin, but that might be all.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:27 AM
NYROrtsFan

Thought it was interesting that he mentioned Avery. That shows a bit of leadership from Aves and some confidence in Henrik concerning Avery.

This has to be killing Torts though. For a couple of those years in Tampa he had garbage goaltending and the team in front of the goalie was amazing... Had nights where they gave up so few shots. Now he has the goalie but the team in front of the goalie is just lacking.

High end talent is the huge issue so hopefully that changes.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Let it all out, Hank. Just pour it on... the ****ers in front you deserves to be ripped, because of the lackluster play that has occured way too much this season.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:37 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Thought it was interesting that he mentioned Avery. That shows a bit of leadership from Aves and some confidence in Henrik concerning Avery.

This has to be killing Torts though. For a couple of those years in Tampa he had garbage goaltending and the team in front of the goalie was amazing... Had nights where they gave up so few shots. Now he has the goalie but the team in front of the goalie is just lacking.

I thought it was interesting as well, but didn't mention it because everyone knows how much I love Sean.

It's just pain.
Old
03-26-2010, 09:40 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Let it all out, Hank. Just pour it on... the ****ers in front you deserves to be ripped, because of the lackluster play that has occured way too much this season.
It can't happen all the time because then it looks like complaining (see Cechmanek in his time with Philly), but when used strategically: Right on, Hank.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

no rivalry huh? well i guess the players think otherwise......

Quote:
"I definitely feel the responsibility to be a leader and to say what's on my mind, whether on the ice or in meetings," Lundqvist said. "Even something like, when Aves [Sean Avery] and I were telling the guys earlier in the year about this rivalry, because so many of them are new and don't know."

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
I thought it was interesting as well, but didn't mention it because everyone knows how much I love Sean.
People can obviously change, and I most definatley think Sean's matured a notch. He has never been a real issue among his teammates in NY, like he was becoming in L.A. and Dallas.

Old
03-26-2010, 09:48 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
People can obviously change, and I most definatley think Sean's matured a notch. He has never been a real issue among his teammates in NY, like he was becoming in L.A. and Dallas.
I totally agree. He definitely seems to have matured.

But what do we know? We're the two biggest Avery fan boys around here.

Old
03-26-2010, 09:52 AM
The Thomas J.*

No surprise. Lundquist & Avery r usually the players reporters go token first for a response. I said it a few times this season that lundy & Avery have really graded the reins of this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Crease

Another interesting point about how the constant rollover of this roster affects our competitiveness: When half our team is new every year, it's hard to match the intensity of our opponents in Atlantic Division games.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Don't forget me!

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
It can't happen all the time because then it looks like complaining (see Cechmanek in his time with Philly), but when used strategically: Right on, Hank.
Obviously, too much whining is definatley not the right thing to do... but as you said, voicing your opinion strategically when it seriously needs to be done, is not a bad thing.

Quote:
True dat.

Last edited by Loffen: 03-26-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old
03-26-2010, 10:02 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
Don't forget me!
Sorry, KoB, you too!

I agree with the idea that you can't overplay your hand when it comes to ripping into the team. Still, maybe he should do it a bit more, heh.

Old
03-26-2010, 10:11 AM
94now

As of now Lundqvist is a better goalie than Brodeur. At this point in time it is not a big deal to me. Brodeur is at the end of second dozen of NHL Gs this season. If Henrick played 80% of what he is doing now the entire season, we would be in the POs.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Sorry, KoB, you too!

I agree with the idea that you can't overplay your hand when it comes to ripping into the team. Still, maybe he should do it a bit more, heh.
1. I'm pretty sure you mean that you can overplay your hand when it comes to ripping into the team; and

2. Those of us who don't like Tortorella are all too aware of that.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:16 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
1. I'm pretty sure you mean that you can overplay your hand when it comes to ripping into the team; and

2. Those of us who don't like Tortorella are all too aware of that.
Yeah, I worded that poorly. When I said can't, I meant it like "shouldn't". You certainly CAN overplay your hand, like, uh Torts (as you said).

Old
03-26-2010, 10:18 AM
gravytrain6t

I agree with Larry. Without Lundqvist, you could forget about fighting for a 7th or 8th seed every year. And we certainly would not have a shot at winning a first round match up. I think the whole series last spring against the Caps was played in the Rangers end. Lundqvist stood on his head and the Rangers went on to win 3 games against a much more highly skilled offensive team!!

And Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom (among others), are proof that it's just fine to build a team starting with highly skilled forwards (I'm a firm believer in the old cliche that "your best defense is your offense"). But at least the Rangers have a better goal tender. By FAR!!

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:19 AM
brickwall2007

this offseason drury should be stripped of the C and a thanks for trying. Callahan, Gaborik and Staal should get a round of A's. Than Lundqvist gets the C on his helmet.

Its not like we all dont already see Lundqvist as the teams leader.

brickwall2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Hank scored a ton of points with me for this. Good for him to be angry and snap. The guy wants to win and thats more then a lot of the loofs on this team. He need to expalin the rivalry ? If you can't step in and feel it you are gutless great job Hank

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:24 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post

Right. Because they owned the puck. Then won a Stanley Cup! As far as having high end talent, I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well. It has to change.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:31 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

glad to hear he snapped. good for him.

unlike torts the clown, hank has earned the right to go off. hes the heart and soul of this organization. period.

torts just yells to yell. the players have long since tuned him out.

fire torts.

take the c from capt quaalude in the offseason and give it to hank. the real team captain.

keep ryan as an a and give the other a to sean avery.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote