HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik ripped the Rangers during 3rd period TO

Old
03-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Banks3rdLineCenter

vCash: 500
Honestly, this doesn't surprise me in the least. Lundqvist isn't faking it in those postgame interviews every night. He wants to win.

All the people that come on here and complain about what they perceive to be "weak goals" that he allows are really just missing the point entirely.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:36 AM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
"I definitely feel the responsibility to be a leader and to say what's on my mind, whether on the ice or in meetings," Lundqvist said. "Even something like, when Aves [Sean Avery] and I were telling the guys earlier in the year about this rivalry, because so many of them are new and don't know."
This is what happens when you turn over 50% of your roster every season. At some point Sather has to realize that no successful organization turns over half their roster every year. Or maybe he won't.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickwall2007 View Post
this offseason drury should be stripped of the C and a thanks for trying. Callahan, Gaborik and Staal should get a round of A's. Than Lundqvist gets the C on his helmet.

Its not like we all dont already see Lundqvist as the teams leader.
Yeah afterall what did he do to lead last night right?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
This is what happens when you turn over 50% of your roster every season. At some point Sather has to realize that no successful organization turns over half their roster every year. Or maybe he won't.
Its not just the turnover, every team pretty much has some turnover. The turnover on this team is always with the core players playing top minutes. Thats a problem.

Old
03-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Salz

Good, I'm glad to see him be a vocal leader. My friend who is a Devils fan said he's a jerk who throws his teammates under the bus. Yeah, okay. Does anyone remember when Marty threw his teammates under the bus after losing Game 2 vs Carolina in 06? The infamous Staal game tying goal after Gomez scored to take the lead only a few seconds before? I don't have the quote in front of me. Henke is a class act who has a right to be frustrated by the disgusting play in front of him.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Salz

He looked so disgusted too when they pulled him after his amazing effort. I felt so much joy for the guy after Drury tied it up. He deserves to win when he plays like that. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Old
03-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Ice Hockey

ha! i'd love to be a fly on the wall of the locker room when avery and hank went around informing the younger players of the seriousness of the NY/NJ rivalry. must've been hilarious!

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:28 AM
BobSantos

Lundqvist:

10th in Wins
10th in Save %
10th in GAA

Not bad but definitely not one of the best players in the league. Top 20 or 30 maybe.

Buf, Phx, Cgy, Mtl and Fla all have goalies as good or better, statistically, this year, but their teams are really not so much better that you can make the argument that they carry their goalies.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:37 AM
ThisYearsModel

If anyone has the right, it is Hank. I am glad that he is driven to win, willing to call out his teammates, and I am glad he is a Ranger.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:43 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
Lundqvist:

10th in Wins
10th in Save %
10th in GAA

Not bad but definitely not one of the best players in the league. Top 20 or 30 maybe.

Buf, Phx, Cgy, Mtl and Fla all have goalies as good or better, statistically, this year, but their teams are really not so much better that you can make the argument that they carry their goalies.
Well, in SV% and GAA, three of the guys ahead of him aren't full time starters--Rask, Niemi, Conklin and Halak.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:43 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Lundqvist:

10th in Wins
10th in Save %
10th in GAA

GAA and Wins are largely team stats. Wins shouldn't even be in the discussion in analyzing Hank's play this season, I think he's lost a bunch of games where he's allowed 2 goals or less.

Also, games played are a consideration. Rask is 1st in GAA but has played 27 less games than Lundqvist. Rask, Niemi, Howard, and Halak's numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt when compared to Lundqvist because they've played so many less games than him.

Taking these factors into account, and watching his actual play instead of relying solely on stats (I'm a firm believer that one much watch a goaltender to truly analyze his play), I think he's a lot closer to a top 5 goalie in the league than a top 10.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

dear lord i really hope he was starring Redden straight in the face when he said all this.......he was over the top AWFUL

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:46 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
GAA and Wins are largely team stats. Wins shouldn't even be in the discussion in analyzing Hank's play this season, I think he's lost a bunch of games where he's allowed 2 goals or less.

Also, games played are a consideration. Rask is 1st in GAA but has played 27 less games than Lundqvist. Rask, Niemi, Howard, and Halak's numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt when compared to Lundqvist because they've played so many less games than him.

Taking these factors into account, and watching his actual play instead of relying solely on stats (I'm a firm believer that one much watch a goaltender to truly analyze his play), I think he's a lot closer to a top 5 goalie in the league than a top 10.
Definitely. I did the analysis in a thread a few months back, but since the lockout there have only been a few guys that were consistently as good or better than Henrik--I think it was Vokoun, Kipper and Luongo. Other guys have great seasons, but only a few are consistently as good as Henrik. And as we know, for goalies in particular, consistency is key.

Old
03-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Lundqvist:

10th in Wins
10th in Save %
10th in GAA

The guy is a top-5 goalie. Put any kind of defense in front of him and he's a Vezina finalist (see the past three seasons). Put a good defense in front of him and he's almost a lock.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:52 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Well, in SV% and GAA, three of the guys ahead of him aren't full time starters--Rask, Niemi, Conklin and Halak.
Not to mention I don't think Bryzgalov is better than Hank. I mean, the guy was a backup goalie for most of his career and is putting up nice stats on an overachieving Phoenix team that has like 20 more points than the Rangers

Hank is definitely in the top 5 in regards to goalies.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:54 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Look at Ryan Miller, for instance. Is he having a better season the Henrik? Yes. Is he better overall than Henrik? If you look at both goalies' performances before this season, I don't think anyone would say that.

What makes Henrik elite is his quality play EVERY season.

Old
03-26-2010, 11:59 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
New players shouldn't have to be told about this rivalry. And at the very least it should be blatently obvious on their very first shift.
Its one thing not to have to be told...guys get it. But it's another thing to FEEL it.

That comes easier for some than others, and ultimately probably takes some time and some losses to build up for young new guys.

As far as regular season games go THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN BEATING BRODEUR AND THE DEVILS IN A DRAMATIC WAY.

Last night was awesome....

Ive been saying it since the break. This team is not a contender for the cup, but a spot in the playoffs and matchup with NJD in round 1 can go a long way toward making this a satisfying season.

03-26-2010, 12:09 PM
BobSantos

Quote:
Look at Ryan Miller, for instance. Is he having a better season the Henrik? Yes. Is he better overall than Henrik? If you look at both goalies' performances before this season, I don't think anyone would say that.

Very true. He is probably in a select group of goalies that you can count on every season to be consistent. A question I have is: is he going to be a Curtis Joseph or Grant Fuhr?

Look, I buy into the "Henrik" concept. He's an awesome goalie. My post was more in response to the folks who would say that the only chip they'd trade him for would be AO or Sid. That trade would never, ever happen because those two players are so much more valuable than he is.

I really wouldn't be upset if HL were moved for the right reasons/proper return. I think he is a bit overvalued here and people would be surprised at who we couldn't get if he were on the market.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:35 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
glad to hear he snapped. good for him.

unlike torts the clown, hank has earned the right to go off. hes the heart and soul of this organization. period.

torts just yells to yell. the players have long since tuned him out.

fire torts.

take the c from capt quaalude in the offseason and give it to hank. the real team captain.

keep ryan as an a and give the other a to sean avery.
Yeah, because the team long since has given up hope of making the playoffs...

...oh wait,

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Very true. He is probably in a select group of goalies that you can count on every season to be consistent. A question I have is: is he going to be a Curtis Joseph or Grant Fuhr?

Look, I buy into the "Henrik" concept. He's an awesome goalie. My post was more in response to the folks who would say that the only chip they'd trade him for would be AO or Sid. That trade would never, ever happen because those two players are so much more valuable than he is.

I really wouldn't be upset if HL were moved for the right reasons/proper return. I think he is a bit overvalued here and people would be surprised at who we couldn't get if he were on the market.
You wouldn't be upset cause you under value him big time, now THAT I understand. Kane, Statsny, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Thornton - you can keep em, I'd be absolutely thrilled if HL couldn't land one of these guys.

Old
03-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Salz

Wins is not a good stat to judge goalies by.

Old
03-26-2010, 12:45 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Is there any video of this?

Would be epic to see.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
Wins is not a good stat to judge goalies by.
This is the difference - wins on a top team like Osgood was getting for years, yes you're right. 30 wins for Henke each of his 1st five seasons with the absolute all stars like Rosy, Mara, Redden, Malik as his defenders says a ton.

Old
03-26-2010, 12:53 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

He is the de facto Captain and the team knows it. I love hearing stuff like this. Henrik is the man.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:54 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:

Henrik's year-to-year consistency is amongst the best in the league.

Tim Thomas is another good example of a goalie who is inconsistent from year-to-year. He goes from being a mediocre goalie to a Vezina winner, and now he's struggling again.

People knock Lundqvist for being inconsistent from game-to-game, but compared to the rest of the league, he's still more consistent than most goalies in the league. He's no more inconsistent than Luongo, whom many consider to be the top goalie in the league. Lundqvist is on his game more often than not, as opposed to a Fleury or Theodore who are a bit of a wild card.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote