HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Teddy Purcell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
  #26
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,311
vCash: 500
It's funny to see Lightning fans think he will be good some day.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
  #27
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Halpern really doesn't have much of a role on this team other than to just sit and be a veteran leader by not complaining. I think Halpern will be beneficial down the road but up to now, he's been pretty much been a non-factor unfortunately.
He's been playing on the penalty kill that didn't give up a goal for what.. 25 pp's in a row?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
Our PP sucks? Dude, do you even watch hockey? Our power play is ranked sixth in the league.
It is actually tied for 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
It's a good thing that we can't find places on the roster for players like Purcell. That means we have a legitimate team that wins games and doesn't need scrubs on their 2-4th lines. Boyle is a great example of this. People complained when we got rid of him and he started out doing well for the Rangers. Where are they now? Where is he now? Struggling with them. The Kings are a better team, meaning players who are borderline for the NHL and system don't have room on this team anymore. I don't get why people act like it's a bad thing.
Bingo! <in my best Ralph Lawler voice>

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 05:13 PM
  #28
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,525
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangons View Post
Purcell had plenty of opportunities here on every line from first to fourth. He never did anything but choke. Good luck to him, but he sucks.
And Moulson sucked.... and Callameri sucked.... and Parse sucked.........
and Frolov just sucks etc........... just saying.

If you take good look it's always the dangler and goal scorer who suck here.
To build a team with grit alone, is exactly like having a teamwithout grit.
I mean Cammy would help this team so much......
And i'm afraid we say the same about Frolov.


BTW some of you saying he had chance after chance after chance....
Why the hell is Harrold still on that team ???? Why Ivanans ??? Why Jones????
As long as we send away the talented guys and keep the idiots we will never win a cup. Just ask the Red-Wings what they are doing with their Idiots.......

Personally i just care about the cup, nothing else.......
i don't care about having a better season or playing a more gritty team......
I wanna have a cup and you can't reach the cup with a wagon load of talent
and a great coaching staff.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 05:19 PM
  #29
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,207
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
And Moulson sucked.... and Callameri sucked.... and Parse sucked.........
and Frolov just sucks etc........... just saying.

If you take good look it's always the dangler and goal scorer who suck here.
To build a team with grit alone, is exactly like having a teamwithout grit.
I mean Cammy would help this team so much......
And i'm afraid we say the same about Frolov.


BTW some of you saying he had chance after chance after chance....
Why the hell is Harrold still on that team ???? Why Ivanans ??? Why Jones????
As long as we send away the talented guys and keep the idiots we will never win a cup. Just ask the Red-Wings what they are doing with their Idiots.......

Personally i just care about the cup, nothing else.......
i don't care about having a better season or playing a more gritty team......
I wanna have a cup and you can't reach the cup with a wagon load of talent
and a great coaching staff.
Let me ask you this Kurrilino...

What has Cammy done that He didn't do in LA? He put up 30+ goals here. His career didn't miraculously change once He left.

Moulson. The guy admitted that He never felt comfortable here and wasn't good enough to crack the top 6.
I personally see him as a guy like Yachmenev. I think his stats are elevated by who He is playing with. (I am not saying Taveres is Gretzky but the kid is a huge talent)

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 05:35 PM
  #30
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,925
vCash: 500
I can't believe some of you are still crying over Purcell. Let it go man. If you ever tell me that while watching a Kings game, you say to yourself, 'the Kings need Purcell out there,' then I'm afraid that your opinions and thoughts on hockey should never be taken seriously.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
  #31
LA Kings Cup Champs
Registered User
 
LA Kings Cup Champs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: KINGS of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,558
vCash: 500
Tell me this Kurrilino. Would you rather have Cammy or Smyth?

Here are some numbers for you:

______Gms G A Pts. +/- $

Cammy 57 26 22 48 10 $6

Smyth 57 22 24 46 7 $6.25


I ask you this question because we can't have every good player that plays in the NHL on this team.

I don't know about you but I would take Smyth 8 days a week over Cammy. And this is coming from someone who named himself around Cammy's nickname (Squid).

So, let us say that Lombardi screwed up with the Cammy thing. I think that he more than made up for it with the Smyth thing.

Let it go and move on. Enjoy this team and enjoy the playoffs.

LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 07:43 PM
  #32
Hollywood
Registered User
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Squid View Post
Tell me this Kurrilino. Would you rather have Cammy or Smyth?

Here are some numbers for you:

______Gms G A Pts. +/- $

Cammy 57 26 22 48 10 $6

Smyth 57 22 24 46 7 $6.25


I ask you this question because we can't have every good player that plays in the NHL on this team.

I don't know about you but I would take Smyth 8 days a week over Cammy. And this is coming from someone who named himself around Cammy's nickname (Squid).

So, let us say that Lombardi screwed up with the Cammy thing. I think that he more than made up for it with the Smyth thing.
Why not have both? We more than can afford both yet we go out and get another 3rd line centre in Stoll.
The reason Cammy is gone is simple. ego. Dean Lombardi didn't want to have to give into his demands one year after his arbitration victory over Cammy. Smyth didn't make up for it, Smyth got us back to where we were with Cammy albeit in a different style of play.
Fact is, we could have kept Cammy and gotten a very good2nd line centre and even another defenceman and still be under the cap. Look at the numbers, minus Stoll as we never would have overpaid on him had we kept Cammy.
As for Purcell, this system we play here whatever that is. Multiple line changes, mixed messages and horrible roster usage. He was unable to adjust, however, he seems good enough to play with the likes of Lecavalier and St. Louis and getting plenty of ice time. Time will tell but it looks like he's doing just fine where he is.

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 08:37 PM
  #33
hangons
Registered User
 
hangons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Westlake Village
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Squid View Post
Tell me this Kurrilino. Would you rather have Cammy or Smyth?

Here are some numbers for you:

______Gms G A Pts. +/- $

Cammy 57 26 22 48 10 $6

Smyth 57 22 24 46 7 $6.25


I ask you this question because we can't have every good player that plays in the NHL on this team.

I don't know about you but I would take Smyth 8 days a week over Cammy. And this is coming from someone who named himself around Cammy's nickname (Squid).

So, let us say that Lombardi screwed up with the Cammy thing. I think that he more than made up for it with the Smyth thing.

Let it go and move on. Enjoy this team and enjoy the playoffs.
DL has been quoted as saying he was surprised how little he was offered for Cammi.

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 07:30 AM
  #34
The Jumping Shrimp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangons View Post
Purcell had plenty of opportunities here on every line from first to fourth. He never did anything but choke. Good luck to him, but he sucks.
Like so many have said before, it just wasn't working out for Teddy in LA but to say he sucks is just plain wrong. Ask Tampa how they're feeling about the trade. He's got 7 points in 11 games and since his arrival Lecavilier has found his scoring touch again. I've watched the games and he's been fantastic. For Christs's sake, he's playing on the top line with Lecavilier and St. Louis.

Any third party, impartial bystander will call this the biggest steal of trade deadline day.

Tampa gets a player who ends up playing on their first line and helps reignite their slumping superstar while the Kings get a guy who's already been a healthy scratch and has done SFA but apparently's good in the room.

Listen, I'm not going to be one of those guys who say "There goes another one we let get away" because it was quite evident it probably was never going to work for Purcell in LA, but to say he sucks or TB never got the better of this trade is totally inaccurate

The Jumping Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:41 AM
  #35
The Jumping Shrimp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
It's funny to see Lightning fans think he will be good some day.
Go to the TB boards. They think he's good now. Hate to burst your bubble, but he's been playing great in TB. Why do you think he got put on the first line with St. Louis and Lecavilier?

The Jumping Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:20 AM
  #36
Saevel
Registered User
 
Saevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Norway
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
There are 2 major factors here:

1) Murray is a very defensive coach. Last year the Kings hardly took any chances offensively, this year it's a tad better, but not much. You can't expect players to put up more points for L.A. than any other team except maybe Devils.

2) Murray didn't really believe in either Purcell or Moulson. He played them both on the first line, but the next game they'd be on the 4th. There was no slack. And while this might be a good way to win more games in the short run, it won't develop young players very well.

Saevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
  #37
Prince
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jumping Shrimp View Post
Like so many have said before, it just wasn't working out for Teddy in LA but to say he sucks is just plain wrong. Ask Tampa how they're feeling about the trade. He's got 7 points in 11 games and since his arrival Lecavilier has found his scoring touch again. I've watched the games and he's been fantastic. For Christs's sake, he's playing on the top line with Lecavilier and St. Louis.

Any third party, impartial bystander will call this the biggest steal of trade deadline day.

Tampa gets a player who ends up playing on their first line and helps reignite their slumping superstar while the Kings get a guy who's already been a healthy scratch and has done SFA but apparently's good in the room.

Listen, I'm not going to be one of those guys who say "There goes another one we let get away" because it was quite evident it probably was never going to work for Purcell in LA, but to say he sucks or TB never got the better of this trade is totally inaccurate
The Kings got that for a guy who was a scratch just about EVERY recent game. At least we got a guy who can contribute.

Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:09 AM
  #38
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 500
Let's give TP a little more time to start stinking it up in Tampa before we even try to judge the deal. You know how a "change of scenery" can sometimes provide a temporary boost.

Besides, what did Purcell do to earn a spot on one of the, say, top two lines here? When you've got a list of Kopitar, Simmonds, Richardson, Smyth, Williams, and Brown, are you really going to push one of them aside in favor of Purcell? That automatically pushes him down into a lower-minute, role playing mode.

Get used to it guys....when you have a lot of decent prospects, AND your team is playing well, you cannot hold onto them all, and some are going to slip through and excel on other teams. Management can't do much about it other than try to package them into deals that help the current roster. Purcell, Boyle, Segal all fall into that category. And Parse is probably on the bubble right now as well.

I guess what I'm saying is I would hope he is doing well playing on Tampa's top line with St.Louis and Lecavalier. Any slightly above average journeyman NHL'er would.....or should.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:33 AM
  #39
The Jumping Shrimp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
The Kings got that for a guy who was a scratch just about EVERY recent game. At least we got a guy who can contribute.
And I'm not arguing that fact. Purcell was not cotributing in LA but he's gone to TB and is producing and playing on the top line. What's Halpern done to date? Tell me exactly what he's contributed since he's got to LA.

The Jumping Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:38 AM
  #40
DeeMeck
Registered User
 
DeeMeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jumping Shrimp View Post
And I'm not arguing that fact. Purcell was not cotributing in LA but he's gone to TB and is producing and playing on the top line. What's Halpern done to date? Tell me exactly what he's contributed since he's got to LA.
I don't know what part of Purcell's numbers in TB people don't understand. Despite his decent assist numbers....he is on the ice for for opposition goals alot more.

Halpern has been even keel and contributed to the PK. I don't see the other team scoring everytime Halpern is on the ice. That is all I ask.

Jones has put up a decent number of points for a defenseman since he has been a King. It sure doesn't mean he is better than Greene or Scuderi. Unfortunately, it is this insane logic that is being used when comparing Purcell and Halpern.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:39 AM
  #41
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 7,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
But just add Edward scissorhands Purcell to the ever lengthening list of players who were here and flourished once they left. I would bet that our team's list in the regard is longer than any other!
Oh yeah....... Larry Murphy, Butch Goring... I forgot how many Stanley Cups between them, but must be at least five... *SIGH*

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:47 AM
  #42
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jumping Shrimp View Post
What's Halpern done to date? Tell me exactly what he's contributed since he's got to LA.
8 minutes and 7 seconds on a penalty kill that has given up only 3 goals in the 11 games since he's been here.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:57 AM
  #43
LA Kings Cup Champs
Registered User
 
LA Kings Cup Champs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: KINGS of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,558
vCash: 500
Again, this is coming from someone who's favorite player on the team was Squid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Why not have both? We more than can afford both yet we go out and get another 3rd line centre in Stoll.
Why not have both?

Well it seems to me that we could not afford both still have the room to sign all of our young talent, seeing as Cammi signed for 5 years at $6 per. And has 4 years remaining after this one.

Smythe is only signed for 2 more years which gives us tremendous flexibility with the salary cap. To add to that, when Cammi wasn't scoring, he was less than effective on the ice. When Smythe is scoring he still has a huge effect on the game with his net presence. Simply put, Smythe brings MUCH more to the table for the price with less restriction. And he might even be willing to re-sign at a greatly reduced price after his contract is up.


Quote:
The reason Cammy is gone is simple. ego. Dean Lombardi didn't want to have to give into his demands one year after his arbitration victory over Cammy.
I will never dispute this aspect of the negotiations. And since we did not have Smythe at the time, I can see a big problem here. But the simple fact is that DL more than fixed the problem with the Smythe acquisition.

Quote:
Smyth didn't make up for it, Smyth got us back to where we were with Cammy albeit in a different style of play.
A VERY different style. One that is much more valuable, IMO.

Quote:
Fact is, we could have kept Cammy and gotten a very good2nd line centre and even another defenceman and still be under the cap.
Just how many 2nd line centermen have come along since the Cammi trade?

The fact is, Cammi is just not a dynamic enough player. Now if we are able to sign Marleau or Kovalchuk in the summer, which we would not have even had the capability of doing if we had kept Cammi and added Smythe, then I am sure you will be signing a different tune.

Quote:
Look at the numbers, minus Stoll as we never would have overpaid on him had we kept Cammy.
This is pure speculation and open for debate - not a fact at all.

Quote:
As for Purcell, this system we play here whatever that is. Multiple line changes, mixed messages and horrible roster usage. He was unable to adjust, however, he seems good enough to play with the likes of Lecavalier and St. Louis and getting plenty of ice time. Time will tell but it looks like he's doing just fine where he is.
Hold you horse on this one. The fact is that Purcell has been given 17+ minutes a game on the top line between two superstar players and has only been able to come up with 1 goal and 6 assists and a BIG -7 in eleven games.

Those are not exactly superstar numbers. He is doing below average for a 1st liner. If he doesn't cut on that line with those players then he might never cut it in the NHL.

I have no problems with Teddy, or the trade. I hope all works out best for everyone involved. But the simple fact is that Teddy was going to be gone via Free-agency after this season. And since he was not going to be seeing any ice time for the rest of the season, or in the playoffs, it really doesn't matter to us where he went. So you might as well just let it go at that.

We got Halpern for a 3rd rd pick. That is the only debate that can be had around this subject.

LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
  #44
The Jumping Shrimp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I don't know what part of Purcell's numbers in TB people don't understand. Despite his decent assist numbers....he is on the ice for for opposition goals alot more.

Halpern has been even keel and contributed to the PK. I don't see the other team scoring everytime Halpern is on the ice. That is all I ask.

Jones has put up a decent number of points for a defenseman since he has been a King. It sure doesn't mean he is better than Greene or Scuderi. Unfortunately, it is this insane logic that is being used when comparing Purcell and Halpern.
What are you talking about? Purcell plays against competition night in and night out and since the trade, Purcell's a -5 on one of the worse teams in the league and Halpern is a -3 on one of the best.

The Jumping Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:27 PM
  #45
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jumping Shrimp View Post
What are you talking about? Purcell plays against competition night in and night out and since the trade, Purcell's a -5 on one of the worse teams in the league and Halpern is a -3 on one of the best.
Really, Purcell plays against competition? As opposed to what? Blow-up dolls?

But sure, go ahead and ignore the point about the penalty kill, its not like that is exactly what Halpern was brought in to supplement.

(hint hint: IT IS!)

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:34 PM
  #46
The Jumping Shrimp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Squid View Post
Again, this is coming from someone who's favorite player on the team was Squid.



Why not have both?

Well it seems to me that we could not afford both still have the room to sign all of our young talent, seeing as Cammi signed for 5 years at $6 per. And has 4 years remaining after this one.

Smythe is only signed for 2 more years which gives us tremendous flexibility with the salary cap. To add to that, when Cammi wasn't scoring, he was less than effective on the ice. When Smythe is scoring he still has a huge effect on the game with his net presence. Simply put, Smythe brings MUCH more to the table for the price with less restriction. And he might even be willing to re-sign at a greatly reduced price after his contract is up.




I will never dispute this aspect of the negotiations. And since we did not have Smythe at the time, I can see a big problem here. But the simple fact is that DL more than fixed the problem with the Smythe acquisition.



A VERY different style. One that is much more valuable, IMO.



Just how many 2nd line centermen have come along since the Cammi trade?

The fact is, Cammi is just not a dynamic enough player. Now if we are able to sign Marleau or Kovalchuk in the summer, which we would not have even had the capability of doing if we had kept Cammi and added Smythe, then I am sure you will be signing a different tune.



This is pure speculation and open for debate - not a fact at all.



Hold you horse on this one. The fact is that Purcell has been given 17+ minutes a game on the top line between two superstar players and has only been able to come up with 1 goal and 6 assists and a BIG -7 in eleven games.

Those are not exactly superstar numbers. He is doing below average for a 1st liner. If he doesn't cut on that line with those players then he might never cut it in the NHL.

I have no problems with Teddy, or the trade. I hope all works out best for everyone involved. But the simple fact is that Teddy was going to be gone via Free-agency after this season. And since he was not going to be seeing any ice time for the rest of the season, or in the playoffs, it really doesn't matter to us where he went. So you might as well just let it go at that.

We got Halpern for a 3rd rd pick. That is the only debate that can be had around this subject.
This is one of my points exactly. How many of you guys actually seen Purcell play since he's been in TB? I have, so I think I'm able to give a more accurate opinion of how he's been playing. When you don't watch the games you don't see how well he's playing and how many more scoring chances he's generated than he's point total reflects. When you don't watch the games you don't see if the oppositions goals that were scored while he was on the ice had anything to do with him at all. I can't think of one that was directly related to Purcell at all.

If you watched the games at all you'd know that the line of Purcell-Vinny-St. Louis was formed two games ago. Not eleven games ago.

Oh yeah, by the way. Purcell is only -5, not a BIG -7 like you stated. The two superstars you referenced are -7 (Vinny) and -4 (St. Louis) over the same 11 games.

I, on the other hand have also watched Halpern with the Kings and he has been anything but impressive.

Do me a solid and watch the next TB game and then let me know how you think he's doing.

The Jumping Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:05 PM
  #47
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jumping Shrimp View Post
Do me a solid and watch the next TB game and then let me know how you think he's doing.
And for the third time, do us a solid and try and dispute that Halpern has been solid on the penalty kill, which again, for the third time, is the primary role he was brought in to play, NOT POINTS OR SCORING OPPORTUNITIES.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:07 PM
  #48
The Jumping Shrimp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Really, Purcell plays against competition? As opposed to what? Blow-up dolls?

But sure, go ahead and ignore the point about the penalty kill, its not like that is exactly what Halpern was brought in to supplement.

(hint hint: IT IS!)
Typo. Supposed to read "better competition".

Listen man, I watch all the Kings games. Halpern has shown me SFA. Why don't you try watching a TB game and then let me know how Purcell's doing.

I'll go ahead and address your PK point.

Go through and check out each game log for SHTOI. If that's what he was brought into do than why isn't he logging big PK minutes. What did he have last night... 27 seconds? Surely you're not trying to directly relate the PK success to Halpern. He's hardly even on the ice compared to the Kings other penalty killers.

The Jumping Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:19 PM
  #49
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jumping Shrimp View Post
Typo. Supposed to read "better competition".

Listen man, I watch all the Kings games. Halpern has shown me SFA. Why don't you try watching a TB game and then let me know how Purcell's doing.

I'll go ahead and address your PK point.

Go through and check out each game log for SHTOI. If that's what he was brought into do than why isn't he logging big PK minutes. What did he have last night... 27 seconds? Surely you're not trying to directly relate the PK success to Halpern. He's hardly even on the ice compared to the Kings other penalty killers.
Yes, I went through all his game logs.

:27
1:12
1:17
1:25
:42
:47
:33
:26
1:18

And don't jump to conclusions. I didn't say Halpern has been solely responsible for the penalty kill. I said two things: 1) He has been solid on the penalty kill, 2) the Kings PK has been awesome since the trade deadline.

The conclusion is that Halpern has been contributing to that success. It doesn't matter more or less than Kopitar or Richardson or whoever, it only matters that he has been contributing his part and the kill has been working. This you simply can not deny.

Personally, I don't care the slightest bit how well Purcell is doing in TB. I wish him success, and won't be bothered or elated if he thrives or fails.

How well Purcell does in TB means absolutely nothing to the Kings, since as you have already admitted, he would still be a healthy scratch here.

Purcell's success in TB has nothing to do with Halpern's role here. Purcell putting up points in TB does not add or take away to Halpern's contributions here. Different players for different roles, and NEITHER player will ever be able to fill the others shoes.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:30 PM
  #50
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,207
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Really, Purcell plays against competition? As opposed to what? Blow-up dolls?
My screen is now covered in coffee.


Funniest thing I have read in years. Good job Surley one

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.