HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

25/03/2010 Blues VS Kings, 7PM CST.

Old
03-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

vCash: 500
25/03/2010 Blues VS Kings, 7PM CST.

Go Blues!

Don't have much else to say, I've lost any care in if we win or lose tbh. Just wanna see the young guys score.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Stang

I haven't missed but a couple of games so far this season...but I have an exam at 6:30 so I'll be missing at least the first part. I tried to ask the professor to reschedule it due to a Blues game but APPARENTLY that wasn't a 'valid reason'

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Develop our guys. Sitting D'Agostini shouldn't be an option here. How is the kid going to want to play in STL?

Hey, we trade a pretty good prospect for you, but you get to sit in favor of Brad Winchester, DJ King or Cam Janssen.

Not a smart move at all.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
SLang

What are your guys lines tonight? Healthy scratches? Injuries?

For my GDT....

Thanks!

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post

For my GDT....

Thanks!
Usually the Blues writer over at STLtoday does a write up before games, but nothing has been posted yet and it looks like nothing will be. So your guess is as good as ours Just looking for a previous GDT and take those, they should be close enough

Old
03-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post

For my GDT....

Thanks!
Kariya-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Berglund-Perron
Steen-McClement-Boyes
Youre-guess-as-good-as-mine-Crombeen

Johnson-Brewer
Jackman-Polak/Weaver
Colaiacovo-Weaver/Sydor

Polak and Tkachuk will be game time decisions.
D'Agostini, King, and Cam will be the ones who likely sit though.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Christ, the Kings spent about 6 of the first 10 minutes on the PP.

Regardless, 1-0 Blues!

Old
03-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Robb_K

Crombeen and Janssen were on a 2 -on-one. Crombeen looked off towards janssen to "telegraph" pass, and buried it into the net. Good thing Quick doesn't know much about Janssen, or he wouldn't have hesitated, expecting a pass.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Crombeen and Janssen were on a 2 -on-one. Crombeen looked off towards janssen to "telegraph" pass, and buried it into the net. Good thing Quick doesn't know much about Janssen, or he wouldn't have hesitated, expecting a pass.

Crombeen probably prayed it would be Kariya or MacDonald with him but he saw Janssen and was just like "oh ****" and fired it.

Edit: Also, I've only been following the scoreboard online, just about to tune in. Sounds like a boring game judging that the shots are 10-6 for the Kings.

Old
03-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrumBlues View Post

Crombeen probably prayed it would be Kariya or MacDonald with him but he saw Janssen and was just like "oh ****" and fired it.

Edit: Also, I've only been following the scoreboard online, just about to tune in. Sounds like a boring game judging that the shots are 10-6 for the Kings.
Actually, it's been a pretty good game to watch. Lots of end-to-end action, crisp passes, some decent hitting, and both teams are playing well. The Blues have actually had more real scoring chances, despite their dearth of SOG.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:21 PM
BlueBeard

Am I dreaming or were we actually on the good side of a lucky bounce for once?

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Overkamp

vCash: 250
Can someone please tell me why people like Jackman so much? What part of not throwing the puck up the center of the ice does he not understand? I'm dead serious, he does that almost every game. Sometimes two or three times.

For someone who's a veteran, he never sets a good example. I would rather see a slightly less physical Strachan up here playing for less money and making smart decisions with the puck and who always has his man. Jackman rarely does.

I'm just really disappointed in his play and I don't think he should be getting near the minutes he's been getting. Polak has made him look really good this year.

Another goal for Kariya. For a guy who hasn't really done much all year, he's likely to get 20 goals.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:39 PM
MxK1NGS

Nice win Blues!

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
St.Louis sports fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
Can someone please tell me why people like Jackman so much? What part of not throwing the puck up the center of the ice does he not understand? I'm dead serious, he does that almost every game. Sometimes two or three times.

For someone who's a veteran, he never sets a good example. I would rather see a slightly less physical Strachan up here playing for less money and making smart decisions with the puck and who always has his man. Jackman rarely does.

I'm just really disappointed in his play and I don't think he should be getting near the minutes he's been getting. Polak has made him look really good this year.

Another goal for Kariya. For a guy who hasn't really done much all year, he's likely to get 20 goals.
Yeah's he especially adept at Shooting the puck up the middle on the pk like he's wearing skirt. And of course it always goes right to the stick of the other team's defenseman. How are we ever going to replace that when he finally leaves here?

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 11:13 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

What a difference Roman Polak makes. He's the most solid defenseman in his own zone on this team by a good margin. Weaver wasn't overexposed and had a nice game after 2 sub-par outings where he was forced into a bigger role. And most significantly, Gramps Sydor was back where he belongs...the press box.

I don't know what the hit totals were tonight but the Blues did a nice job of playing the body. Payne clearly had setting the tone physically in mind when he started Janssen. Blues took some penalties but were pretty ornery tonight and protected their goaltender when Smyth and Co were getting aggressive. I thought they played well tonight.

Blues take another season series from a playoff bound team.

TheOrganist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:39 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Oshie getting Bud Light Player of the game has become automatic.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 05:26 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

too little

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 07:55 AM
roarke

I hate to be 'that guy'

Normally I just shrug off bad calls by officials with the thought that it all evens out in the long run, but this season has seemed especially lopsided against the Blues. Last night was a great example - it seemed like every penalty call went against us and some inexplicably so. Granted, I haven't watched every minute of every game (although I would guess that I've seen over 70% of the minutes played), but it just seems that the Blues have been incredibly unlucky as far as penalty calls go. Is it my imagination, or have others noticed that this year, as well?

roarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:25 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarke View Post
Normally I just shrug off bad calls by officials with the thought that it all evens out in the long run, but this season has seemed especially lopsided against the Blues. Last night was a great example - it seemed like every penalty call went against us and some inexplicably so. Granted, I haven't watched every minute of every game (although I would guess that I've seen over 70% of the minutes played), but it just seems that the Blues have been incredibly unlucky as far as penalty calls go. Is it my imagination, or have others noticed that this year, as well?
It's been a constant problem for the team and fan's watching alike; hell even the announcers get so pissed off they have to censor themselves at risk of going off on the air.

It's little things like this that probably keep a sure-bet team down and pushes a "who would have guessed they'd be at the top of their division" team quietly ahead of the pack.

Which is why people get so upset; they really do cost games and hand it over to the opposition quite often, and it's to the point where people are losing jobs, revenue, and a chance to compete in the playoffs. It's no longer just part of the game when people from coast to coast pick up on the problem.

I can get over the ref blocking a puck and screwing up the transition; but phantom penalties, reversing calls against high sticks to the face, taking away clear cut goals... all unacceptable yet commonly seen happening to the Blues' team over the season.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:33 PM
EOM

I can think of a few games where the refs have directly cost the Blues the game. If that's say, 4 or 5 points in the standings, then that could be the difference between making and missing the playoffs.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote