HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Post-game loss interviews are always the same with Richards

Old
03-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
As Jester said, how the **** do you know it was Timonen and Pronger? A feeling? A dream you had? Maybe the little leprechaun down the street told you so? You don't know, and that article had NOTHING to back you up. You're grasping at straws.
Don't you read the news? It's against board rules to post all the stories in their entirety but you have to assume that people who come on her beaking off like you do have done at least a little research.

Do you need a tutorial in Flyers Fans 101?

Go here:
http://flyers.nhl.com/index.html

Go to the News drop down, click on Daily Clips
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=35710

Everyday after 10 am all the local stories are there:

In this case, the 'side saddle' reference is either an insult (women ride side saddle, not men) or meant 'shotgun' - I'll leave that interpretation up to you whether it was Hartnell's verbiage or the reporters.

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2010/...e331442164.txt

The leaders of the team — and Scott Hartnell said it was Pronger and Kimmo Timonen leading the charge with captain Mike Richards riding side-saddle — called for a players-only meeting after the game to talk about accountability.

Anything else I can teach you while I'm here?

Last edited by Larry44: 03-26-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

richards isn't giving the right answers in the media!! off with his head. Grow up people

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

The only way any of us would truly know what's going on in the Flyers locker room is if you got a job with access to the room yesterday during the job fair, or if Boucher decides he need to tell the media what is wrong with the team. He's 5-18 while the other goalies are 33-23. I wonder whose fault it is this time?

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
The only way any of us would truly know what's going on in the Flyers locker room is if you got a job with access to the room yesterday during the job fair, or if Boucher decides he need to tell the media what is wrong with the team. He's 5-18 while the other goalies are 33-23. I wonder whose fault it is this time?
Everyone that's on the ice pretty much. Boosh isn't good, but that's why he's our number three on the depth chart. Outside of last night's game I think he's done relatively fine for us. The team just doesn't play well in front of him for the most part though. I mean, when was the last time we scored a PP goal? I know we're 0 for 14 right now. Not sure how many games that goes back to.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Everyone that's on the ice pretty much. Boosh isn't good, but that's why he's our number three on the depth chart. Outside of last night's game I think he's done relatively fine for us. The team just doesn't play well in front of him for the most part though. I mean, when was the last time we scored a PP goal? I know we're 0 for 14 right now. Not sure how many games that goes back to.
Fine? He was outplayed by every ****ing goalie in last 5 starts even against Dallas. Is that fine?

A PP goal? What does PP goal have to do with stopping simple wrist shots? Scoring chances he faced can not even be remotely compared to scoring chances Flyers generated.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Yeah, Boosh hasn't been relatively fine. He's been below average or flat out bad since taking over. Maybe there was 1 game where you could say he was average?

Not saying these losses have all been entirely his fault...last night's loss is the first one that I would call almost entirely his fault. And in the rest of the games, he certainly didn't help matters much.

I've been one of Boosh's bigger supporters, but I'm just calling 'em like I see 'em.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Don't you read the news? It's against board rules to post all the stories in their entirety but you have to assume that people who come on her beaking off like you do have done at least a little research.

Do you need a tutorial in Flyers Fans 101?

Go here:
http://flyers.nhl.com/index.html

Go to the News drop down, click on Daily Clips
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=35710

Everyday after 10 am all the local stories are there:

In this case, the 'side saddle' reference is either an insult (women ride side saddle, not men) or meant 'shotgun' - I'll leave that interpretation up to you whether it was Hartnell's verbiage or the reporters.

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2010/...e331442164.txt

The leaders of the team ó and Scott Hartnell said it was Pronger and Kimmo Timonen leading the charge with captain Mike Richards riding side-saddle ó called for a players-only meeting after the game to talk about accountability.

Anything else I can teach you while I'm here?
Oh well in that case, sorry I don't have ****ing time to read every ******* news source out there. The first link you posted to back up this so called meeting, said nothing about Pronger and Kimmo calling it, unless you need me how to teach you to link the correct articles the first time.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Oh well in that case, sorry I don't have ****ing time to read every ******* news source out there. The first link you posted to back up this so called meeting, said nothing about Pronger and Kimmo calling it, unless you need me how to teach you to link the correct articles the first time.
I accept your apology.

Old
03-26-2010, 02:10 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Pronger makes the media work for him. He was on the radio here yesterday and the announcers were falling all over themselves talking about what a great guy he is because he talked to them during his lunch time. I missed the first part of the interview but they were saying that he leaves a lot of thing between the lines and they were speculating about the young guys on the team and how they think he feels they aren't working hard enough. Pronger knows EXACTLY what he's doing and he never says anything that makes him look bad, only hints at what's wrong with the rest of the team without naming anyone. Then the media gets all speculative and you know how that goes, they blame the young guys while Pronger wears a halo.

I know Richards isn't a good interview. It doesn't make him a bad captain and he was fine as captain last year so what's the difference? Who on this team is really a good interview other than Carcillo who really says what he feels? Pronger comes along and seems to me like a bull in a china shop and I think he needs to learn to watch his step when there is already a captain on the team.
GIVE CARCILLO THE C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/sarsacm]

Iuno i dont think anyone on that team has the balls to say what truely needs to be said. I wouldnt go on TV and call the guy who signs MY paycheck a retard for mismanaging the place, as much as I would LOVE to. This team plays some great hockey, and then terrible hockey. I wouldnt call out a co worker on TV either even if he is the reason buisness is suffering at his hands. Boucher has been awful. a few of those goals are fundamental saves but no one is gonna call the guy out on tv. Cant do that. Sometimes the cliche answers are the professional route. Now what we DONT see is whats said behind closed doors. Are the guys giving Boosh attitude for sucking? I would. Boucher knows hes been awful. I saw him today. Dudes down in the dumps. As for Richards I dont care what he says on TV, I care about what he says in the locker room and does on the ice. I think they played a winnable game against ottowa and minnesota. and they didnt. One can hope Richards pimp slapped carcillo for that turnover. All indications point to that he isnt doing that but who knows. if he was that bad im sure he woulda been stripped. That has to be demoralizing, and embarassing to be stripped as captain so id have to guess u suck at it to have that happen. /rant

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
One can hope Richards pimp slapped carcillo for that turnover. All indications point to that he isnt doing that but who knows. if he was that bad im sure he woulda been stripped. That has to be demoralizing, and embarassing to be stripped as captain so id have to guess u suck at it to have that happen.
We'll see...

Old
03-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Kambo

Quote:
I accept your apology.
Hey why don't you go use all your free time to find me an article that authenticates your claims that the players don't support Richie, and he's a bad captain, since apparently you're the research guru.

Old
03-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Yeah, Boosh hasn't been relatively fine. He's been below average or flat out bad since taking over. Maybe there was 1 game where you could say he was average?

Not saying these losses have all been entirely his fault...last night's loss is the first one that I would call almost entirely his fault. And in the rest of the games, he certainly didn't help matters much.

I've been one of Boosh's bigger supporters, but I'm just calling 'em like I see 'em.
Quote:
3/25 MIN L 4-3 (OT) 21/17 .810 BAD GAME
3/23 @OTT L 2-0 26/24 .923 GOOD GAME
3/21 ATL L 3-1 31/28 .903 AVERAGE GAME
3/20 @ATL L 5-2 28/23 .821 EVERYONE SUCKED
3/18 @DAL W 3-2 29/27 .931 GOOD GAME
3/16 @NSH L 4-3 (SO) 25/24 .960 GOOD GAME
He's given up some bad goals (that's what backups do)...but it's pure hogwash that Boucher has been some epic disaster since coming in. He's a big part of why we got a point in Nashville, played very well in Dallas. We scored 3 goals in 3 games and lost 3 games...that's not his fault, though he didn't play well in Atlanta. Last night is really the only game where I'd say he **** the bed, but even then he gave up 3 goals in regulation...that's not the end of the world.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:17 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
We'll see...
I cant assume he sucks as captain. I dont work with the guy, I dont deal with him. I dont know him. I watch him play 60 minutes of hockey for a few months of the year. Unless players come out and say "hey this guys awful we need a new captain" im gonna stick by #18.

If i ran a team #20 would be captain #44 would be my assistant and #12 would share the other with #18. But Richie was captain before Pronger came here. That isnt too fair, unless richie resigns as captain (Desjardins??)

Old
03-26-2010, 02:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
larry, it would be nice if you held everyone on the team accountable for every tiny mistake. I know you think carcillo is above god and is the true superstar - but its time to admit that he crapped the bed last night too. If youre going to call out richards and briere you gotta give due criticism to carcillo too because his game fell apart
Posted via Mobile Device

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:56 PM
tuckrr

i think richards doesnt want to say anything about the game for fear of being fined. I remember him saying in one interview, "i can't comment on the reffing...i just dont want to get fined or something"

as for captaincy, its just a letter that allows them to talk to the refs. the true leaders come out in the locker room, that happens no matter what.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He's given up some bad goals (that's what backups do)...but it's pure hogwash that Boucher has been some epic disaster since coming in. He's a big part of why we got a point in Nashville, played very well in Dallas. We scored 3 goals in 3 games and lost 3 games...that's not his fault, though he didn't play well in Atlanta. Last night is really the only game where I'd say he **** the bed, but even then he gave up 3 goals in regulation...that's not the end of the world.
Jester, stop it. Itís not his fault? If he played well? Why are we talking about possibility of starting AHL goalie against SC champs with 8 total games to go because he had one really bad game? Do you believe it? If he was half good we would give him a chance.

Old
03-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Jester, stop it. It’s not his fault? If he played well? Why are we talking about possibility of starting AHL goalie against SC champs with 8 total games to go because he had one really bad game? Do you believe it? If he was half good we would give him a chance.
Kind of have to agree with this. While I agree he hasn't been terrrrrrrible, he most definitely hasn't played better then average. There's a reason they kept giving Leighton starts after bad games, and there's a reason now why they're essentially giving Boosh the boot.

Old
03-26-2010, 03:09 PM
tuckrr

boosh is playing terribly, the reason his numbers dont suck is b/c the team is spending the whole game making sure he doesnt see tough shots/clearing his huge rebounds...guess what? that why we arent scoring, b/c we are putting all of our energy into not scoring.

watch crosby get a hat trick, then we can all give up on boosh together, and there will be peace (and panic) on these boards

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 03:11 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Kind of have to agree with this. While I agree he hasn't been terrrrrrrible, he most definitely hasn't played better then average. There's a reason they kept giving Leighton starts after bad games, and there's a reason now why they're essentially giving Boosh the boot.
Last night he was Terrible. The other games hes been OK at best. They cant have that.

Old
03-26-2010, 03:14 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
boosh is playing terribly, the reason his numbers dont suck is b/c the team is spending the whole game making sure he doesnt see tough shots/clearing his huge rebounds...guess what? that why we arent scoring, b/c we are putting all of our energy into not scoring.

watch crosby get a hat trick, then we can all give up on boosh together, and there will be peace (and panic) on these boards
I have to agree with you here. that makes a lot of sence. The guys havent been top notch tho. The one thing that keeps coming to mind is Carcillos turnover (probally cuz Morganti wouldnt shut the **** up about it, trying to blame the game on him and not Boosh)

As for tomorrow i have 0 desire to watch simply because our 2 option are Boucher or an untested rookie goalie. Against ****sburgh. This could be tough to watch. I pretty much wrote this season off when leighton went down anyway...

Old
03-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Last night he was Terrible. The other games hes been OK at best. They cant have that.
That's essentially what I was getting at haha.

Old
03-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Flyers fans forget that before Leighton got injured, Mike looked like total poop while Boucher looked even worse giving up 1 goal on 1st 5 shots on goal in almost every game Leighton was benched.

Of course Cotsey was saying how difficult it was to jump in with out warm up. Regular BS excuses.

Old
03-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Thank you for posting for me so I don't have to Jester. So, yes, it's pure hog-wash to say that he's done terrible for us all-around.

Quote:
Quote:
That's essentially what I was getting at haha.
Like I said, outside of that last game he's been relatively fine. If he's been okay outside of last game (which is what you two are saying) then I don't see how he isn't relatively fine.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 03:28 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Flyers fans forget that before Leighton got injured, Mike looked like total poop while Boucher looked even worse giving up 1 goal on 1st 5 shots on goal in almost every game Leighton was benched.

Of course Cotsey was saying how difficult it was to jump in with out warm up. Regular BS excuses.
Coatsey is drunk. I dont listen to him. Or anyone from Cuntcast. The work for the Flyers so they wont say the truth. Mike Leighton looked shakey at first but was solid after a few games. I got to the point where i was CONFIDENT in him and OK with him being the goalie. Boucher shattered any hope or dream i had this year.

Old
03-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Thank you for posting for me so I don't have to Jester. So, yes, it's pure hog-wash to say that he's done terrible for us all-around.

Like I said, outside of that last game he's been relatively fine. If he's been okay outside of last game (which is what you two are saying) then I don't see how he isn't relatively fine.
I just said he hasn't played above average, which I don't believe he has.