Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Official Player Inquiry Thread

Old
02-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Not playing anywhere, but hasn't officially retired, either.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 05:34 PM
DetBigWangs

vCash: 500
How is Adam Almquist (HV71) been doing? Haven't heard from him is a few weeks.

DetBigWangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 02:46 AM
MrSports*

As I see and search for draftees in NHL. MZ in not yet available or
qualified in the draft for 2011, but let's see maybe scouts in the
NHL might discover him sooner.

MrSports* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 03:10 AM
MrSports*

Either heard of Jan, probably he's still recovering from his previous
injury.

MrSports* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 03:54 AM
GoHomez

Grotnes in SEL?

Despite giving up a lot of goals, I thought Norwegian goalie Grotnes looked pretty good during the olympics, do you think he would cut it as an SEL-goalie?

He is 33 years old so I dont think any team will take a chance on him, but I'd like to hear your views!

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 06:13 AM
KRM

Nope.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 11:42 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

can anyone give me some updated on Andreas Eneqvist and Nichlas torp ??

2 habs prospects

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Landeskog

Tor Immo

just wondering what anyone could tell me about Tor Immo, he seems to have good future ahead of him being 15 and playing with the Arboga J18 team and in TV Pucken.

Landeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Savolainen

Juuso Hietanen

How is he playing for Brynäs?
Looking at the stats, he really seems to be the #1 defenseman for his team.

Savolainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:29 PM
FinlandPanther

Jacob Markstrom

Finn/Panthers Fan coming in peace here. What do you think is the potential of Markstrom? i dont get to see him much but i see he is an absolute STUD this year. any highlights other than the few on youtube would be appreciated thanks. Also can he become one of the best/if not the best from sweden?

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
You must be new here man. There's gotta be tons of threads on Markström on here.

He's the best goalie in Elitserien this season and he was the best goalie last year. If he stays on another year in SEL he'll be the best goalie in the league next year as well

Who knows his potential, I'd say Henrik Lundqvist potential or better but I'd only be guessing. Pwning the SEL doesn't equal NHL success and Markström will have to prove himself over there, but I am not worried. He rules and he's got time.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkageNoKeri View Post
You must be new here man. There's gotta be tons of threads on Markström on here.

He's the best goalie in Elitserien this season and he was the best goalie last year. If he stays on another year in SEL he'll be the best goalie in the league next year as well

Who knows his potential, I'd say Henrik Lundqvist potential or better but I'd only be guessing. Pwning the SEL doesn't equal NHL success and Markström will have to prove himself over there, but I am not worried. He rules and he's got time.
Well yes the reason i post on the swedish part is because he is criminally underrated on the prospect boards having pickard, pavelec, bernier and schneider etc. being in peoples goalies top 5. Im dumbfounded that theres not even an HM for him. People dont care what hes doing in SEL and that's an absolute joke to me, playing in an excellent league and has had great WJC's although a bad goal and now hes a choker to people, so im just posting here to find out what swedes think. What are his strengths and weaknesses if you could state them as well. looking forward to a rask v. markstrom future as well

Last edited by FinlandPanther: 03-08-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old
03-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

With some prospects there is always some doubts like, is he strong enough? (Tedenby for instance).

But with others like Markström and Larsson, you just get the feeling that they really will become elite. I would be very surprised if Jacob wouldn't become a great keeper in the future because his accomplishments as a keeper at his age is pretty much insane.

Some guys will watch a player once a year in the WJC and suddenly they are an expert on the kid and label him a choker because of one goal or because they didn't like his reaction to being run repeatedly the year before, watching him through rose-tinted specs. "Flopström, LOL".

Sometimes I go back and look at comments on the prospect board from years before. There are some truly funny "conventional wisdoms" to be seen. For instance, many thought that Kronwall was a weak guy who "would never be a great hitter".

Time will tell I guess.

Last edited by Pentothal: 03-09-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:05 AM
boten

As a Brynäs fan who's seen basically all their games for the last 5-6 seasons I kinda have the same feeling that I had with Bäckström when he was tearing it up in the Brynäs jersey :p

boten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 04:44 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by boten View Post
As a Brynäs fan who's seen basically all their games for the last 5-6 seasons I kinda have the same feeling that I had with Bäckström when he was tearing it up in the Brynäs jersey :p
the feeling finns like me get ? im really excited for him, as a finn i WILL be wearing his jersey when he's a panther. hopefully the panthers will compliment him with a great team, because this kid is truly special. i see alot of brynas games and the shots they allow on him are hard shots to stop, ive seen alot of breakways in brynas games and he stops many of them, so i think he will be a BEAST. can anyone give me his strengths and weaknesses? thanks

Old
03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
With some prospects there is always some doubts like, is he strong enough? (Tedenby for instance).

But with others like Markström and Larsson, you just get the feeling that they really will become elite. I would be very surprised if Jacob wouldn't become a great keeper in the future because his accomplishments as a keeper at his age is pretty much insane.

Some guys will watch a player once a year in the WJC and suddenly they are an expert on the kid and label him a choker because of one goal or because they didn't like his reaction to being run repeatedly the year before, watching him through rose-tinted specs. "Flopström, LOL".

Sometimes I go back and look at comments on the prospect board from years before. There are some truly funny "conventional wisdoms" to be seen. For instance, many thought that Kronwall was a weak guy who "would never be a great hitter".

Time will tell I guess.
they call him diverstrom as well, but i dont care i know every team wishes they had him he seems to be a very special kind of player and i read somewhere he started playing goalie full time at like 13 years old or something

Old
03-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Pellegrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savolainen View Post
How is he playing for Brynäs?
Looking at the stats, he really seems to be the #1 defenseman for his team.
Hietanen is the #1 D-man in Brynäs. He was supposed to be their #2 D-man, but they lost Lars Jonsson to a long-term injury and Hietanen has responded very well to the increased ice time. He's probably one of the most underrated D-men in SEL.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 04:50 PM
wings5

Not really a specific question about players but when people were talking about prospects for the 2012 draft they mentioned Edwin Hedberg. But, I noticed he was born in Medellin, Columbia I found this strange for a player from South America to be playing in Sweden. I think I remember Carl Gustafsson was born in Puerto Rico. Can some one explain this situation?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Not really a specific question about players but when people were talking about prospects for the 2012 draft they mentioned Edwin Hedberg. But, I noticed he was born in Medellin, Columbia I found this strange for a player from South America to be playing in Sweden. I think I remember Carl Gustafsson was born in Puerto Rico. Can some one explain this situation?
Adoptions?

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Hawks fan

Is Marcus Kruger any good or was his good start just luck?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:58 PM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Adoptions?
That, or his parents could have worked there when he was born.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 05:19 PM
KCrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hawks fan

Is Marcus Kruger any good or was his good start just luck?
He is good, a bit of a slump during the later part of the season and during the postseason he's played well but not had any production.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 05:23 PM
KCrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
Finn/Panthers Fan coming in peace here. What do you think is the potential of Markstrom? i dont get to see him much but i see he is an absolute STUD this year. any highlights other than the few on youtube would be appreciated thanks. Also can he become one of the best/if not the best from sweden?
Late reply but what the h***..

Markström will absolutley be a NHL goalie, with this being said I think he's slowed his development down a bit and I would today rank him after Lundqvist and Gustavsson. I'm sure that he will head over and try his luck and I would not be surprised if he shared the starting position with Clemensen to start with and then got the majority of the starts sometime around tradedeadline.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Wham City

Sondre Olden

Just curious if anyone has seen this guy play? He seems to be rising in many draft rankings but there is curiously little written on his game, strengths, weaknesses, etc? Tell me why he is or is not a Norwegian Kopitar.

cheers.

Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 06:51 AM
ChadS

This guy catched my eye as I was going through some Swedish league stats. Simon Mattsson looks to have put up quite impressive numbers at his age(-93, available in the 2012 draft, isn't he?). Has anyone seen him play?

ChadS is online now   Reply With Quote