HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009 vs. 2010 Hawks Playoff teams

Old
03-26-2010, 01:35 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
2009 vs. 2010 Hawks Playoff teams

Are we better or worse off going in to the playoffs than last year? I was thinking about the differences in the two teams.

Goalies - We had a proven veteran in Khavi last year and a seasoned back up in Huet going in to the playoffs. This year, it appears a rookie will start in net with at best, a rookie backing him up and at worst, a basketcase Huet as back up. Niemi has been decent but..... Advantage - 09' Hawks

Powerplay - There has been a ton of discussion about how bad our power play sucks. Havlat seemed to be a huge piece of our power play last year. Hossa has been great on kills but has not picked up the slack. No Campbell will hurt this years Playoff PP's. Advantage - 09' Hawks

Hossa/Havlat - When you look at these two guys I still believe we have the better all around player on this year's team. That being said, Havlat led the team in points during the playoffs. We need Hossa to step up. This is a toss up.

Defense/Buff - Well without Campbell it appears Buff is going to be a full time D-Man in the playoffs. What about Buff getting in the grill of goalies like Lou & causing mayhem? Sopel and Boyton scare me in the playoffs. Can we play Keith 40 minutes a night?

TKKV - The kids have another year under their belt and the playoff experience to draw from. It also appears that some of our main competitors (Detroit) are not as strong either. The Hawks played loose last year with almost no expectations for going far in the SCF. This year, it is quite the opposite.

This team needs to get it together in time for the playoffs. Last night's disaster is not all on Huet. We have lost six of the last nine.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Hawksfan12*

It's obvious the team has no confidence in Huet, and dont play the same infront of him.

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:36 PM
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15

Our PP was **** in the later part of last year too, and then it found itself in the playoffs. I'm not concerned.

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post

TKKV - The kids have another year under their belt and the playoff experience to draw from. It also appears that some of our main competitors (Detroit) are not as strong either. The Hawks played loose last year with almost no expectations for going far in the SCF. This year, it is quite the opposite.
This is huge. You guys are better than last year and Toews and Kane alone illustrate the difference. The Olympic experience will also benefit these players come high pressure post season play.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Our PP was **** in the later part of last year too, and then it found itself in the playoffs. I'm not concerned.
Exactly.

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Hossa > Havlat
Madden > Pahlsson

the Expirence they have

Kane 10 > Kane 09
Keith 10 > Keith 09
Brouwer 10 > Brouwer 10

Khabby >= Niemi

no Campbell hurts. but If Johnsson would be back for POs, that would help the loss

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote