HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Post-game loss interviews are always the same with Richards

Old
03-26-2010, 03:31 PM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Thank you for posting for me so I don't have to Jester. So, yes, it's pure hog-wash to say that he's done terrible for us all-around.

Like I said, outside of that last game he's been relatively fine. If he's been okay outside of last game (which is what you two are saying) then I don't see how he isn't relatively fine.
OK at best is what I said. OK is almost passable if Carter is healthy and we are scoring. Boucher was OK against Dallas and Nashville, but less than OK in just about ever game since. OK does not get this team to the playoffs. Leighton may have been overachieving but he STOLE games, and made the saves I expect the 5 year old peewee goalie to make. A puck shot on the ice should never go in. Through the 5 hole. Ur an NHL goalie man give them that save at least and they can win!

Too many "easy saves" are becoming goals. It has to be difficult for the team not to be discouraged by **** like that.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Jester, stop it. Itís not his fault? If he played well? Why are we talking about possibility of starting AHL goalie against SC champs with 8 total games to go because he had one really bad game? Do you believe it? If he was half good we would give him a chance.
It's not his fault. We got shutout and score 1 goal in two of the losses. Not his fault. We scored 2 in another game. Not his fault.

Boucher isn't a starting goalie in the NHL...it's that simple. Freaking out when he proves that he is what he is...lower your expectations is all I have to say. Boucher isn't that good, and now we're stuck with him or an AHL goalie as our playoff starter (if we get there).

It sucks. But it isn't their fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Kind of have to agree with this. While I agree he hasn't been terrrrrrrible, he most definitely hasn't played better then average. There's a reason they kept giving Leighton starts after bad games, and there's a reason now why they're essentially giving Boosh the boot.
They were giving Leighton starts because he was playing well over his head (and what you expect from Boucher) and we've been blood-and-guts for a playoff spot for some time due to the 17-game crater job we did earlier in the year.

During that stretch...they put Boucher on a block of ice for 3 months, and now we're shocked that he isn't carrying the team? Backlund has at least been in games...and God knows we're not winning anything with Boucher in net, so they might as well give Backlund a shot. However, notice how Backlund isn't getting the start in the next game...they're waiting for the lower scoring Devils to give him a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
boosh is playing terribly, the reason his numbers dont suck is b/c the team is spending the whole game making sure he doesnt see tough shots/clearing his huge rebounds...guess what? that why we arent scoring, b/c we are putting all of our energy into not scoring.

watch crosby get a hat trick, then we can all give up on boosh together, and there will be peace (and panic) on these boards
He's not playing "terribly." He's playing like a backup...which is what he is.

As to the bolded point, that's pure fiction. They've had 45 SOG twice with Boucher in net, and 30+ SOG in two other games, and the PP has gone 1-18 in that stretch.

Blaming Boucher for the lack of offense is patently absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Last night he was Terrible. The other games hes been OK at best. They cant have that.
Well, when you don't invest in the position and then have two goalies go down...OK is the best you're going to get.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Jester

Quote:
OK at best is what I said. OK is almost passable if Carter is healthy and we are scoring. Boucher was OK against Dallas and Nashville, but less than OK in just about ever game since. OK does not get this team to the playoffs. Leighton may have been overachieving but he STOLE games, and made the saves I expect the 5 year old peewee goalie to make. A puck shot on the ice should never go in. Through the 5 hole. Ur an NHL goalie man give them that save at least and they can win!

Too many "easy saves" are becoming goals. It has to be difficult for the team not to be discouraged by **** like that.
He was a lot better than OK against both of 'em. Especially Dallas, where he had some great saves.

Old
03-26-2010, 04:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
It's not how many goals Boucher is giving up, it's how and when he's giving them up.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's not how many goals Boucher is giving up, it's how and when he's giving them up.
No, I'm pretty sure it's how many he's giving up, and how few we've been scoring.

Old
03-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
or, its a combination of the two

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 04:16 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No, I'm pretty sure it's how many he's giving up, and how few we've been scoring.
No. It really is how he's been giving them up. Most of those goals yesterday looked terrible.

I could stand us getting beat by good plays from another team. I can't stand us getting beat when our defenseman takes the pass away on a 2-1, and Boucher decides to take the pass as well just to get beat by a high snipe glove side. Inexcusable. Boucher and our team really don't have any chemistry.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 04:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
So it's ok to give up terrible goals as long as your team scores a ton and wins games 7-5

Old
03-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
No. It really is how he's been giving them up. Most of those goals yesterday looked terrible.

I could stand us getting beat by good plays from another team. I can't stand us getting beat when our defenseman takes the pass away on a 2-1, and Boucher decides to take the pass as well just to get beat by a high snipe glove side. Inexcusable. Boucher and our team really don't have any chemistry.
Wait, I thought goalie isn't important and it really doesn't matter as long as you have a good team in front of 'em?

And I love how you reference a goal that is exactly what you would expect a butterfly goalie to give up. Boucher wasn't playing the pass, he was playing his style...which means going down...which means giving the shooter the corner.

Credit the shooter, that was a great shot.

Quote:
So it's ok to give up terrible goals as long as your team scores a ton and wins games 7-5
This would be a good story, except he's only given up more than 3 goals in regulation once during this stretch, and the entire team was terrible in that outing.

He's a backup...he's not a starter...and it sucks that this is the position we're in, but to suggest Boucher has been a catastrophe is a joke. We're not scoring. The PP isn't getting it done, and we're not converting chances.

Old
03-26-2010, 05:54 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
If they didnt have to play afraid of boucher's play they could be more agressive and try to score. they cant take those chances cuz the guy cant stop basic shots let alone the odd man rush thats bound to happen when u try to score.

Ill agree with jester on the fact that the fowards and defencemen havent been solid either. but if boosh makes those easy saves they could have won the last 2 games.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Scoopyten

I find it kind of funny that Richards took a poke at Holmgren for cap management after last season, and he got ripped for it.

Now that he's guarded and goes out of his way to not rip anyone, he gets Hell for it...

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 06:07 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Wait, I thought goalie isn't important and it really doesn't matter as long as you have a good team in front of 'em?

And I love how you reference a goal that is exactly what you would expect a butterfly goalie to give up. Boucher wasn't playing the pass, he was playing his style...which means going down...which means giving the shooter the corner.

Credit the shooter, that was a great shot.
Boucher was standing up and seemed to trip over his own feet on the shot I'm talking about. That is if I remember it correctly.

I know there was one goal where he literally tripped over his own leg going side to side.

I even joked about it on twitter saying something about how stand-up goalies had all died out.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Jester

Quote:
If they didnt have to play afraid of boucher's play they could be more agressive and try to score. they cant take those chances cuz the guy cant stop basic shots let alone the odd man rush thats bound to happen when u try to score.

Ill agree with jester on the fact that the fowards and defencemen havent been solid either. but if boosh makes those easy saves they could have won the last 2 games.
They've put up 45 and 30+ SOG games while not being aggressive because of Boucher?

There's a significant hole in this "they're not creating offense because of Boucher" thesis.

They're not creating offense because they're not finishing chances, and the PP is failing to convert.

Old
03-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
They played an EXCELLENT game last night, and Boucher **** the bed. That Richards' fault?
Cosigned.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 07:38 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

If one is not following Richards, surely they're falling in behind Pronger. Both of them on the ice I feel are playing well and doing what they're supposed to be (outside of scoring, but in the other areas). The "leading-by-example" part I think is covered here by the guys one would consider to be the "leaders" of the team (Pronger, Richards, Gagne, Timonen, Laperriere)

Old
03-26-2010, 08:16 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
If one is not following Richards, surely they're falling in behind Pronger. Both of them on the ice I feel are playing well and doing what they're supposed to be (outside of scoring, but in the other areas). The "leading-by-example" part I think is covered here by the guys one would consider to be the "leaders" of the team (Pronger, Richards, Gagne, Timonen, Laperriere)
you know what caught my eye is when you watch the post game clips on the site hartnell quoted prongers " money in the bank" quote from the meeting. as much of a fanboy i am of richie, ive never heard anyone quote him. that doesnt mean richie is silent in the meetings, but prongers point is getting across.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
you know what caught my eye is when you watch the post game clips on the site hartnell quoted prongers " money in the bank" quote from the meeting. as much of a fanboy i am of richie, ive never heard anyone quote him. that doesnt mean richie is silent in the meetings, but prongers point is getting across.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone quote anyone else on what was said in a players-only meeting.

Old
03-26-2010, 08:36 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

http://flyers.nhl.tv/team/console.js...d=771&id=63987

at the :50 mark

or did you mean you never heard anyone do it any other time?

Old
03-26-2010, 08:39 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
http://flyers.nhl.tv/team/console.js...d=771&id=63987

at the :50 mark

or did you mean you never heard anyone do it any other time?
I never heard of anyone ever doing that ever

Old
03-26-2010, 08:50 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

me neither

Old
03-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Tags27

I'm not going to judge Richards on what he says to ****** nozzles like Panaccio, Gormley & the like. I wouldn't wan t to talk to them either.

Tags27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub

Richie has been bringing it lately, he shows what he does by finshing checks and getting back on defense.

But it's the teams fault they all cringe on the bench when Jon Scott ****ing scores for just his second point of the season on BOOOOOOOOOOOO! shey...

Razor the Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:01 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg The Goalie View Post
Richie has been bringing it lately, he shows what he does by finshing checks and getting back on defense.

But it's the teams fault they all cringe on the bench when Jon Scott ****ing scores for just his second point of the season on BOOOOOOOOOOOO! shey...
I will beat a dead horse a bit more-Boosh has been playng badly in his position. However, almost the whole team in front of him is doing the same at their positions.
The offence does not look even close to "well oiled machine"- there is no sharpness, no vision and they seem to be always one second too late.
Goals scored/ shot ratio is horendous- they malke every goalie improve their save percentage by releasing pucks too late. Goals scored/ PP ratio is even worse.

So as much as they don't trust Boosh, they need to pick up their load to compensate. That what the smart team would do having been forced into the keeper situation like flyers. They should adopt Brazilian soccer team motto of 60's-70's. "You can score as many as you can, we will score one more than you."

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:22 PM
infidelappel*

I'm sorry, but blaming it all on the goaltender is just ignorant, and typical of Philadelphia fans.

Boucher had his part in blowing that last game, but the rest of the team totally let their foot off the pedal in the third, too.

Hockey is a team game, and the players in front of Boucher should be good enough to insulate him if he's not sharp on any given night. Good teams find ways to win even if their goaltender has an off game.

Are there better goaltenders? Obviously. Two of them are on IR ahead of him on the depth chart.

This is what happens when you refuse to let your backup appear in any games - he has no confidence and a lack of sharpness because he forgets what playing in games is like, and now he's supposed to be our savior in the playoff race? If you want to blame someone, blame Holmgren and/or Laviolette for failing to identify that our goaltending situation was a disaster waiting to happen, and then failing to even try to keep our backup sharp in case he became needed. Then, blame the offense for being inconsistent at best. Or Danny Briere for totally sabotaging this team when he's on the ice.

Anyone who thinks Boucher is solely (or even mostly) to blame for this predicament clearly does not understand goaltending, and is just either ignorant or looking for an easy scapegoat to whine about. There, I said it.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg The Goalie View Post

Gotta give Briere credit for the beautiful deflection, non?

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote