HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Brad Richardson

Old
03-27-2010, 08:06 AM
The Jumping Shrimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Does anyone think there is a good chance Richie is not resigned or moved due to some of prospects coming up the line that might make him "excess goods"?? I mean you could make a case for anyone of Moller/Schenn/Loki making the team next year and with 8 of the top 9 pretty secure Richie might be on the outside looking in.
Although I like Moller, he and Loki need to get a hell of a lot bigger to satisfy Murray's game plan. From what I saw of Schenn in the World Juniors, I don't think he's going from Junior to the NHL. There's at least a year of AHL for him. Richardson (at this point) is far more effective in Murrays system than any of the three aforementioned.

The Jumping Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 08:11 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jumping Shrimp View Post
Although I like Moller, he and Loki need to get a hell of a lot bigger to satisfy Murray's game plan. From what I saw of Schenn in the World Juniors, I don't think he's going from Junior to the NHL. There's at least a year of AHL for him. Richardson (at this point) is far more effective in Murrays system than any of the three aforementioned.
Well that's why Murray should be fired, we have lots of undersized guys, might as well add Kozun and Hickey to that pool and if the management wants them to succeed, they'll need a new system, which I'm all for, I'm sick of TM and Jamie Kompon. Babcock has the 2 smallest guys in the NHL, but they're succeeding, Pat Kane and Marty St. Louis are small dudes too, but they're top players, I don't see why Loktionov, Moller, Kozun or Hickey (sort of) can't excel in the show

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 08:32 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

The most important thing is that the Kings will have an extra 1.1 million next season because the dead weight Beachball FINALLY drops off the cap... Richardson could get any part of that extra space as a raise and I'd be happy with it...

RAZZIE King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:08 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Well that's why Murray should be fired, we have lots of undersized guys, might as well add Kozun and Hickey to that pool and if the management wants them to succeed, they'll need a new system, which I'm all for, I'm sick of TM and Jamie Kompon. Babcock has the 2 smallest guys in the NHL, but they're succeeding, Pat Kane and Marty St. Louis are small dudes too, but they're top players, I don't see why Loktionov, Moller, Kozun or Hickey (sort of) can't excel in the show
Yup. Let's fire the coach who is taking the team from 79 to what very well could be a 100 point season. That makes so much sense.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:10 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
The most important thing is that the Kings will have an extra 1.1 million next season because the dead weight Beachball FINALLY drops off the cap... Richardson could get any part of that extra space as a raise and I'd be happy with it...
That space has already been used to give Quick his raise.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:51 AM
The Jumping Shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Yup. Let's fire the coach who is taking the team from 79 to what very well could be a 100 point season. That makes so much sense.
It depends on what you're goal is. Sure, the Kings are going to make the playoffs but do you really think these guys are a serious cup contender. What has Lombardi or Murray ever won? Now don't get me wrong. They're not doing a terrible job, I just don't think they're building a serious cup contender. They're going to need to add a little more skill around the existing lineup. Then again, it's kind of hard for skill to excel in a defensive dump and chase system. So what's your only move? Change the coach or change the coaches system.

This is certainly not a knock on Richie because he's arguably my favourite King but is he really skilled enough to be playing on the first line of a cup contending team?

Look at all the serious cup contenders. They all have more skill than the Kings.

Old
03-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jumping Shrimp View Post
It depends on what you're goal is. Sure, the Kings are going to make the playoffs but do you really think these guys are a serious cup contender. What has Lombardi or Murray ever won? Now don't get me wrong. They're not doing a terrible job, I just don't think they're building a serious cup contender. They're going to need to add a little more skill around the existing lineup. Then again, it's kind of hard for skill to excel in a defensive dump and chase system. So what's your only move? Change the coach or change the coaches system.

This is certainly not a knock on Richie because he's arguably my favourite King but is he really skilled enough to be playing on the first line of a cup contending team?

Look at all the serious cup contenders. They all have more skill than the Kings.
Not saying they're directly comparable, but the Penguins have managed pretty well with average to below-average wingers (Guerin, Fedotenko, Kunitz, Satan, Dupuis, etc., etc.) on their top two lines. Obviously it helps to have two generational talents as your top two centers, but it does show you don't have to have exceptional skill across the board in your top-6.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 11:11 AM
The Jumping Shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Not saying they're directly comparable, but the Penguins have managed pretty well with average to below-average wingers (Guerin, Fedotenko, Kunitz, Satan, Dupuis, etc., etc.) on their top two lines. Obviously it helps to have two generational talents as your top two centers, but it does show you don't have to have exceptional skill across the board in your top-6.
No you don't need it across the board when you have Crosby and Malkin. The Kings don't have a Crosby or a Malkin, let alone both.

Old
03-27-2010, 11:59 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Crosby, Malkin AND Staal. You build around your centers, DL is doing that, Kopitar, Schenn, Loktionov.. None of these guys are close to the Pens centers, but give them some time, I think in 2-3 years, Schenn > Staal.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Diving Pokecheck*

You peeople seriously turned this into another "whine about Terry Murray" thread?

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
You peeople seriously turned this into another "whine about Terry Murray" thread?
Didn't read then whole thing...........

but the guys are not whining....
Murray is simply and plain the wrong guy.

Murray's System would work with
4 Handzus, 4 Smyth and 4 Simmonds

We would lose every game but we
would create a complete new way to play hockey
That board cycling would match the Harlem Globetrotters way to play

But you are right... this is a Richardson thread

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote