HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Henrik ripped the Rangers during 3rd period TO

Old
03-27-2010, 06:24 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
No, it's both... Where's the veteran leadership on our blueline for our young defensemen? Which players are responding well to Drury because he just had to label his teammates immature?
Be specific.

You ask where the veteran leadership is on our blueline. My point is that there is no one. That's a personnel problem, not a leadership problem, You can't create leaders. They either are leaders or they are not leaders.

Which players are not responding well that should be playing better than they are, not what you hope they become? Keep in mind that you almost by definition have to confine yourself to the younger players because the older ones should no longer need it.

Anisimov, Dubinsky, Callahan, Staal, and Del Zotto have all matched or exceeded realistic expectations.

Drury has become a whipping boy because fans always need a whipping boy. He was always a supporting, clutch player. Here he is being asked to do more than he ever has done. Bring us Sakic and Forsberg in their prime and Drury would be just fine.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:19 AM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 50
Really great to see. After how long this team has played like complete ****, Henke deserves to blow a fuse on them, I would have done this alot earlier.

It seems like Hank is becoming the leader of the locker room, which doesn't surprise me at all.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 12:45 PM
kokopoko

Henrik is already acting like the captain. I think he should be captain next year.

kokopoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
About time Hank did this. Poor guy wants to make the playoffs so bad.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopoko View Post
Henrik is already acting like the captain. I think he should be captain next year.

NHL rules are goalies cannot be real captains. They can only pretend to be captains. If you like Henrik why would you want him to look stupid? Lundqvist doesn't need to pretend to be a captain, he already is a leader without pretending.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Crease

I would do 3 A's who do the talking on the bench and with the officials, and have Lundqvist as the unofficial captain of the team.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 05:39 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
Top ten goalies - but there are a lot of other players out there that play other positions, no?
Thought we were just comparing him to other goalies.

I never really comapred Goalies & skaters before. I've always had them in seperate Catargories.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 05:41 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post

NHL rules are goalies cannot be real captains. They can only pretend to be captains. If you like Henrik why would you want him to look stupid? Lundqvist doesn't need to pretend to be a captain, he already is a leader without pretending.
There already doing this in Vancover...Is it really necesarry to addd more responsiblites to a Goalies already laundry list of things he has to do? I say no.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 06:24 PM
OverTheCap

Lundqvist is already well-respected in the locker room and has proved that he is a leader. What is giving him the "C" going to do, asides from making it a mockery like Luongo in Vancouver? Putting the "C" on his helmet won't change anything, one can lead without wearing a letter.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Thought it was interesting that he mentioned Avery. That shows a bit of leadership from Aves and some confidence in Henrik concerning Avery.

This has to be killing Torts though. For a couple of those years in Tampa he had garbage goaltending and the team in front of the goalie was amazing... Had nights where they gave up so few shots. Now he has the goalie but the team in front of the goalie is just lacking.

High end talent is the huge issue so hopefully that changes.
Lightning fan here.

You pretty much got it spot on. Torts has the goalie he needs in order for his system to succeed but not the offensive talent. You guys gotta build around Gaborik, but I'm sure many of you already know that.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Henke is a leader. HE is the heart and soul of this team. Without a doubt. I don't think that there's anyone more influential on the team than Henke......

And it shows.

That's why we have a mostly spineless, heartless team. When this guy is the main "Leader", you know why this team routinely comes up soft and gutless.

He'd be better off shutting the **** up and focusing on stopping the puck.

When you all too often give up mind-boggling, weak, soft, putrid goals at the most crucial big moments; you need to oput a sock in it and clean up your own front yard.

Last edited by Jeds2StepOpus: 03-30-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Really great to see. After how long this team has played like complete ****, Henke deserves to blow a fuse on them, I would have done this alot earlier.

It seems like Hank is becoming the leader of the locker room, which doesn't surprise me at all.
He's played like c*** so many times this season, choked in so many big moments and big games; that it's ridiculous that he should open his mouth.

Old
03-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
This has to be killing Torts though. For a couple of those years in Tampa he had garbage goaltending and the team in front of the goalie was amazing... Had nights where they gave up so few shots. Now he has the goalie but the team in front of the goalie is just lacking.

High end talent is the huge issue so hopefully that changes.
You mean like all those nights where Hank sees 13....16....18....20 shots the whole game and gives up....three...four...five goals per game?

Old
03-30-2010, 11:59 AM
heeheemonkee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
You mean like all those nights where Hank sees 13....16....18....20 shots the whole game and gives up....three...four...five goals per game?
In games Henrik gave up 3 or more goals (25 games, 3 wins) and faced 20 shots or less; it happened 4 times.

When he gives up 2 or less goals (41 games), the team lost 14 times, 6 in OT

heeheemonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 08:21 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

That was one hell of a display of leadership, heart and soul; last night. On Lundqvist's part, of course.

Yeah, he's quite the inspiration.

Old
03-31-2010, 08:28 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
That was one hell of a display of leadership, heart and soul; last night. On Lundqvist's part, of course.

Yeah, he's quite the inspiration.
How about responding to the post above you, that contains actual facts?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 09:03 AM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Lundqvist down the stretch run the past 11 games (I used 11 because that's his playing streak right now):

5-5-1; 2.56 GAA; .911 sv%

Although, numbers can be misleading because if you've watched the games you know what's being asked of Lundqvist. Anybody whose in here doubting the fact that he's going to do everything he can to get this team into the playoffs clearly has not been watching the Rangers since the lockout.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote