Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouchard

Old
03-15-2010, 07:12 AM
The Blue Llama

vCash: 50
Bouchard

Just wondering what everyone ells thinks the future of Bouchard on the wild is. He has a pretty bad cap hit for the amount of production he puts out, yet never saw him play the new system. So do we package him up (thats if anyone wants him after sitting out a full year) or throw him in the lineup next year? I think a Havlat-Bouchard-Lats line could be pretty sick. Thoughts?

The Blue Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 09:00 AM
BigT2002

Latest I heard is he's still having issues with his head. He can skate, but the amount of time is not nearly what it will need to be to justify taking him off of LTIR. He will miss this entire season, making him literally impossible to trade for anything but a bag of pucks. His salary is off the books this year because of this, so we do have wiggle room at least during the offseason because I would greatly suspect that he will not be coming back to the NHL at all sadly.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:42 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
From the looks of things, he won't be ready at the start of next season. Don't see him retiring. Hopefully we can spend slightly over the cap feeling that Bouchard will miss at least 20 games, so ~1M should be allowed for Bouchard on LTIR.

I don't really like his fit with Latendresse and Havlat. Havlat is too much of the same, perimeter playmaker who refuses to shoot. Also, none of those 3 have really been credited as even steady defensive forwards.

I expect Nolan back on this team, and Bouchard did OK with him last year, so if he does come back I could see him playing with Nolan on our 3rd line. Put Clutterbuck or Kobasew on the other side for the fore-check/reliable defensive forward and IMO its the best we can do. Nolan helps in face-offs, other forward helps make up for Bouchard's shaky defensive play.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:07 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckrnke View Post
Just wondering what everyone ells thinks the future of Bouchard on the wild is. He has a pretty bad cap hit for the amount of production he puts out, yet never saw him play the new system. So do we package him up (thats if anyone wants him after sitting out a full year) or throw him in the lineup next year? I think a Havlat-Bouchard-Lats line could be pretty sick. Thoughts?
I agree that in theory a Havlat-Bouchard-Latendresse could be a great fit (Bouchard's a great playmaker who can make others better), but at this point in time the Wild have to take a wait-and-see approach. It's impossible to tell whether or not Bouchard will come back and have the same impact as for every Bergeron there's an Eric Lindros or two. Wild fans just have to hope for the best and that Bouchard comes back as the second-line center the team has needed for years.

Well that or they trade, draft or sign one as a free agent.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:58 PM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Well that or they trade, draft or sign one as a free agent.
We will have to wait and see what Fletch can do, I got a feeling that we will be stuck with Ebbett between Havlat and Lats for at least another year.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Agreed. It's a weak free agent class in terms of centers so it wouldn't be a shock to count on Ebbett or Bouchard again.

Old
03-15-2010, 06:51 PM
BigT2002

We have enough guys to take the faceoff. However, if we do get something working on, I would suspect they hope Burns gets back into old form and we can put him off to hopefully get someone who should be out there playing top line minutes. I still have my eyes on Jordan Staal.

Old
03-15-2010, 08:06 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I'd take that trade - don't know if Pittsburgh would.

Old
03-15-2010, 08:08 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I still want Seto!

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 10:45 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
I'd take that trade - don't know if Pittsburgh would.
I proposed it and they told me to FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I still want Seto!
Me too, but not at the expense for Burns though

Old
03-15-2010, 11:04 PM
mnwildgophers

Wish we could get Staal somehow, but that seems to be next to impossible at this point since I doubt the Pens would want to part with him.

Looks like we aren't going to be able to do much about our #2 center position right now. I think we will look for a winger for Koivu rather than address #2 center, I just think we'll swing a trade for winger.

Old
03-15-2010, 11:09 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Me too, but not at the expense for Burns though
Really?

I mean, yes, I'd be a little worried about him being a Cheechoo v2.0 down the line but with Burns' issues I think I'd be willing to take that chance right about now.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 07:07 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Wish we could get Staal somehow, but that seems to be next to impossible at this point since I doubt the Pens would want to part with him.

Looks like we aren't going to be able to do much about our #2 center position right now. I think we will look for a winger for Koivu rather than address #2 center, I just think we'll swing a trade for winger.
Pens don't want to part with him for the simple fact that he is their best PK guy and it also allows them to flucuate two PP lines with Crosby/Malkin taking Center if need be. However, I know for a fact they will not be able to keep him in a few years because his price is getting up there with his brother Eric. Amazing 2-way player and it also gives us the opportunity to run 2 PK lines if need be (so basically reversal of what the Pens have). I do think Mario will get more serious about wanting to trade him once Gonchar drops his papers that he is retiring and they realize they only have one or two defensemen that can play top line minutes. Till then though, they will just shrug it off as being one-sided because technically they have probably the deepest Center lines in the entire NHL.

We won't hit the winger thing until we see what happens with some of these FA's coming up. Far as I'm concerned, our defense and goalie situations are about as good as they'll get for the time being. I can see us dropping a few of these guys and probably getting younger at the same time. The #2 center won't really be addressed until they also see what happens with Brodziak. His role with Lats and Havlat has been huge considering he was the #4 center for Edmonton and when brought in was to split #3/4 center spots with Belanger.

Regardless, Bouchard is not the answer that this team needs. More players who just wanna pass the puck and not shoot it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Really?

I mean, yes, I'd be a little worried about him being a Cheechoo v2.0 down the line but with Burns' issues I think I'd be willing to take that chance right about now.
We were somewhat discussing this with Nolan going to the Sharks, and the amount of cash they'd have sitting around. While I know for a fact that San Jose would do this trade simply if Blake retires to fill his role.....I'm a little skeptical to whether Fletcher would pull the trigger on it. It would be a great fit though because Richards was obviously his AC when he first got into the league. THere are possibilies here with San Jose we haven't tapped yet.....just a matter of what they are going to be willing to give up in exchange for something of that claiber. Burns is on the up and up again, last thing we need to shoot ourselves in the foot.

This is the only reason I'm a little hesistant, and you basically hit it on the head with the JC comment. Seto has been playing with how many medalist from the Olympics? And how many didn't make it this year??

Old
03-27-2010, 01:32 AM
mnwildgophers

Pierre-Marc Bouchard

What is going to happen with him? Will he ever be able to play again? We have the option of going 10% over the cap in the offseason which is pretty much Bouchard's contract.

Do we spend that cap space on other players?

There hasn't been many reports on him this season, so I have been assuming that he hasn't been able to skate. I don't know if anyone else has any information on him, that'd be great to see. I personally think that he will be out for a while to come, but I think we need to see him back because we are sorely lacking talent that he has, even though he is overpaid.

Old
03-27-2010, 01:39 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

There's like four recent threads on Bouchard so I just merged this one with the previous one (which was barely booted off the main page).

Old
03-27-2010, 03:33 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
What is going to happen with him? Will he ever be able to play again? We have the option of going 10% over the cap in the offseason which is pretty much Bouchard's contract.

Do we spend that cap space on other players?

There hasn't been many reports on him this season, so I have been assuming that he hasn't been able to skate. I don't know if anyone else has any information on him, that'd be great to see. I personally think that he will be out for a while to come, but I think we need to see him back because we are sorely lacking talent that he has, even though he is overpaid.
From what I have read, he is still having issues with the light and cannot skate for very long before he has to take a breather so to speak. We may get him back next year depending on what they can find out. However, at this point, I would much rather he just say "you know what, this sucks but I have to hang it up." Typically, when you have concussions of this severity....it only leads the path of Lindros where you will continually get them month after month. It isn't worth it for the Wild, and it certainly isn't worth it for Bouchard either.

Old
03-27-2010, 10:25 AM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
From what I have read, he is still having issues with the light and cannot skate for very long before he has to take a breather so to speak. We may get him back next year depending on what they can find out. However, at this point, I would much rather he just say "you know what, this sucks but I have to hang it up." Typically, when you have concussions of this severity....it only leads the path of Lindros where you will continually get them month after month. It isn't worth it for the Wild, and it certainly isn't worth it for Bouchard either.
It's too bad really. I always thought he was a good guy, and he was very good if he had a shooter. That being said, do we just continually keep him on LTIR until he decides that enough is enough? Or is there some other way since no GM would trade for him.

-Gopher, didn't see it on the next page. Sorry for the making of a new one.

Old
03-27-2010, 11:04 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
It's too bad really. I always thought he was a good guy, and he was very good if he had a shooter. That being said, do we just continually keep him on LTIR until he decides that enough is enough? Or is there some other way since no GM would trade for him.

-Gopher, didn't see it on the next page. Sorry for the making of a new one.
It'll be the same thing as with Ricky D if he had to medically retire, I think they have to payout a certain percentage of his salary but its all off the books. They can't just cut him though since that obviously is completely against the point of a contract. They really don't want to waive him or anything either because they are still forking over money. Better to keep him on LTIR and at least have it off the books while he is gone. I'd imagine, even if he does come back, he'll be rusty as hell and be dedicated to a 3rd line as it is....and I don't really see him lasting long there because he cannot check to save his life.