HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Loktionov Activated / Assigned to Monarchs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2010, 03:11 PM
  #26
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish
 
Tatsdzyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
lol.. omg, I totally thought this was a new thread and I was like "WTF another 4 months?!"
sorry holy

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 03:17 PM
  #27
LaLaLand
Registered User
 
LaLaLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 844
vCash: 500
Great news for Manchester !

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 04:11 PM
  #28
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Have to wonder if Lokti will be a good fit for TM and his system?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 06:03 PM
  #29
bcking
Registered User
 
bcking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
I say call him up

bcking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:21 PM
  #30
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
And Loktionov scores in his first game back!! 4-0 Monarchs in the 3rd right now. (Bernier in net)

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:51 PM
  #31
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Have to wonder if Lokti will be a good fit for TM and his system?
Hasn't one of Loki's strengths always been a 2-way game? I believe he is strong on backchecking and very focused on being in position and covering his ass. So long as he doesn't shy away from board play, I don't think he should have any trouble fitting in like Boyle, Moulson and Purcell did.

Even if at first he is a little weak on the boards due to his lack of size (a la Moller), as long as he is willing and fearless, I think he will fit right in. His 1 game with the Kings he seemed to pick up the system immediately.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:00 PM
  #32
hangons
Registered User
 
hangons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Westlake Village
Posts: 740
vCash: 500
Loki # 3 star tonight.

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 12:38 PM
  #33
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Hasn't one of Loki's strengths always been a 2-way game? I believe he is strong on backchecking and very focused on being in position and covering his ass. So long as he doesn't shy away from board play, I don't think he should have any trouble fitting in like Boyle, Moulson and Purcell did.

Even if at first he is a little weak on the boards due to his lack of size (a la Moller), as long as he is willing and fearless, I think he will fit right in. His 1 game with the Kings he seemed to pick up the system immediately.
Frankly, I don't know Lokti's game all that well. However, my perception of his game was that he was a finesse player. But if you say his strength is a 2 way game, then that's great news!

I really hope one or both of Schenn and Lokti can crack our lineup next year.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 02:08 PM
  #34
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Frankly, I don't know Lokti's game all that well. However, my perception of his game was that he was a finesse player. But if you say his strength is a 2 way game, then that's great news!

I really hope one or both of Schenn and Lokti can crack our lineup next year.
He is a finesse player, but he's got a pretty solid defensive game as well, in the Pavel Datsyuk mold. Quick backchecker, good at sticklifting and stealing the puck, but not so much of a checker.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 02:11 PM
  #35
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
He is a finesse player, but he's got a pretty solid defensive game as well, in the Pavel Datsyuk mold. Quick backchecker, good at sticklifting and stealing the puck, but not so much of a checker.
I'll take that over Prucell's "backcheck" game.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 02:41 PM
  #36
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
When I said backchecker I meant only that he tracks back on the defensive part of the game and gets in lanes defensively, lifts sticks and is defensively minded when he needs to be. Backchecking doesn't mean hitting or checking in the sense of finishing a check. It means skating hard to get back in position on defense and doing whatever you can to disrupt a rush going the other way.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 04:09 PM
  #37
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
When I said backchecker I meant only that he tracks back on the defensive part of the game and gets in lanes defensively, lifts sticks and is defensively minded when he needs to be. Backchecking doesn't mean hitting or checking in the sense of finishing a check. It means skating hard to get back in position on defense and doing whatever you can to disrupt a rush going the other way.
So not a John Zeiler Back-Checker than?

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.