HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Hockey Brawls from the 60's/70's

Old
03-25-2010, 12:57 PM
stugotz

vCash: 500
Hockey Brawls from the 60's/70's

I figured since the Gilmour Sakic fight is the newest fight here I'd upload some brawls from the 70's. enjoy

Toronto vs Chicago 1963

Toronto vs Boston

Bruins vs Islanders

Flyers vs Leafs 1976

Bruins vs Blackhawks 1970

Bruins vs Canadiens

stugotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Wheatking

Fun Facts:
- #15 for the Leafs in that first video is Billy Harris. He was an assistant coach for the Oilers in the early 80s.

- #6 for Chicago in that first video is Reg Fleming. He died in July and it was discovered that he had chronic traumatic encephalopathy(CTE). That's something that is more common with boxers than hockey players...helmets are a good thing.

Now you know...

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Jack Tripper
Vey Falls Down

my favourite clip is still this one...love watching bridgman and holmgren dish it out...music makes it too...

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:28 PM
NJrocket24

Just a point. People always talk about the way it was, honor, accoutability etc from days gone by.

But every honorable brawl I see from the 70s entails x player vs. z player. x gets the upper hand and Z's boy comes and grabs x and makes it two on one. Just look at the stupidity in the bruins chicago clip. Dude on chicago beat the bruin 1 v1 fair and square. Now a new bruin comes in and grabs Hawks guy from behind while the guy he already beat is punching him. Punching while down, punching while being held by another. Where is the "honor" in that? Seems like it happens all the time in those videos.

I like fighting, but i also like when people man up and if they lose they lose. Not whining about it and having some teammate jump the guy just because. That is weak sauce to me.

Last edited by NJrocket24: 03-25-2010 at 09:46 PM.
NJrocket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 05:36 PM
CanadiensFan1321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Fun Facts:
- #15 for the Leafs in that first video is Billy Harris. He was an assistant coach for the Oilers in the early 80s.

- #6 for Chicago in that first video is Reg Fleming. He died in July and it was discovered that he had chronic traumatic encephalopathy(CTE). That's something that is more common with boxers than hockey players...helmets are a good thing.

Now you know...
Thanks for the facts. "Now I Know!"

CanadiensFan1321 is offline   Reply With Quote