HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frolov?

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Face Wash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn

How could I have forgotten?!

Well, you know what they... It's "the mind" that goes first.

Editor's Note: John's out of his mind anyway

Old
01-13-2005, 12:05 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888
Palffy (IMO) carried the Kings last year until he got hurt. We would have made the playoffs with Palffy last year.
I think Frolov has the ability to be the Kings next Palffy.

How about when he carried the team 2 years ago? He had 85 points, and Smodry was next in line, with 36.Talk about carrying a team,that was it.

Old
01-13-2005, 12:06 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
Well, you know what they... It's "the mind" that goes first.

Editor's Note: John's out of his mind anyway
Guilty as charged!

Old
01-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Fat Elvis

I can't take it anymore KPD, your logic just makes me cross eyed. Your buddy Carter has had 2 seasons where he scored more points than Frolov....Let's say that again, Carter has 2 seasons in where he has scored more points than Frolov did last season. In those seasons he had 60 and 55 points....that is 12 and 7 more than Frolov's 48 last year. You are saying that Frolov hasn't proved as much as Carter even though Frolov has had to score roughly a third of his points playing with no-names. I'd take Frolov in a heartbeat over that dead weight Carter. Carter is one of the most over-rated players in the league in that people see that he has had two 50+ point seasons and yet he bring absolutely not one intangible to his team. Heart..No Character...No Leadership...No Good clubhouse guy...No
Dudes a dog and it's no wonder he has been moved as often as he has.

Old
01-13-2005, 03:33 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I can't take it anymore KPD, your logic just makes me cross eyed. Your buddy Carter has had 2 seasons where he scored more points than Frolov....Let's say that again, Carter has 2 seasons in where he has scored more points than Frolov did last season. In those seasons he had 60 and 55 points....that is 12 and 7 more than Frolov's 48 last year. You are saying that Frolov hasn't proved as much as Carter even though Frolov has had to score roughly a third of his points playing with no-names. I'd take Frolov in a heartbeat over that dead weight Carter. Carter is one of the most over-rated players in the league in that people see that he has had two 50+ point seasons and yet he bring absolutely not one intangible to his team. Heart..No Character...No Leadership...No Good clubhouse guy...No
Dudes a dog and it's no wonder he has been moved as often as he has.
who's posts are you reading? i swear, sometimes u just read one sentence then make up the rest on your own. did i ever even remotely compare frolov to carter? NO. did i ever say i want carter over frolov? NO. am i saying carter is a leader on this team? NO!!!! all i said was carter should be resigned and then somehow you think i want carter over frolov. frolov has star potential but he's not there yet and has work to do. carter isn't a star, he's not even a legit first liner across the league. please, for the sake of all that is sane on this board, stop making up half the stuff you're arguing against, im tired of arguing against you and the ghost posts you're reading.

Old
01-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Fat Elvis

KPD, why is it that after you state something and people reply, your next post begins with "ur not gettin wat im saying"? So I guess you're right in that I don't have a clue as to "wat" you're saying. Oh by the way, if you're not really into prospect potential and think that proven results are what's important. Than why get all stink eyed over Boyle and who we should have picked? No one in that draft has any proven results to speak of, so why should you give a rats ars about prospects and how they are developing? Sorry if I'm combining your thoughts, but it reeks of inconsistancy imo.

Old
01-13-2005, 05:33 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
KPD, why is it that after you state something and people reply, your next post begins with "ur not gettin wat im saying"? So I guess you're right in that I don't have a clue as to "wat" you're saying. Oh by the way, if you're not really into prospect potential and think that proven results are what's important. Than why get all stink eyed over Boyle and who we should have picked? No one in that draft has any proven results to speak of, so why should you give a rats ars about prospects and how they are developing? Sorry if I'm combining your thoughts, but it reeks of inconsistancy imo.
KPD can probably speak for himself, but I figure I'll step in and try to interpret to cool things down

While Frolov has definitely shown some promise as a youth, we'd be better served if we didn't go ga-ga over him, because Frolov still has development ahead of him. This isn't to say he's a bad player, bad leader, or overrated; he's just not reached his potential, and anything can happen that could stop him from developing into a more complete player.

With Carter, we know what we're getting, because he's been in the league long enough for us to know what he's capable of. He underachieved last season, and it wouldn't hurt to re-sign him to a cheap contract, if possible.

His beef with Boyle is that he's a project, and will take many years to develop to even be considered NHL ready. He went back and forth with a few people regarding this point. While he saw eye to eye with me, regarding why it's necessary to get long term projects sometimes, he thinks we could have picked someone else who would be ready sooner.

Basically, I think he's more concerned about what's happening now, than what COULD happen. Boyle has the potential to be a solid first liner, but right now he's far from hitting that. Frolov has the potential to be a star, but right now he hasn't quite hit it.

I disagree a little bit, and think more weight should be put on potential than what KPD is giving credit for... but that's why we have these boards to discuss

And of course, KPD can correct me if I'm misunderstanding.

Old
01-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Fat Elvis

KP that was well said and I'd be a dope to not understand what you're saying. I agree with most of that, Frolov in a lot of peoples eyes is our best player of the future and the future becoming sooner than later. True he has the chance to even out or even decline in coming years, but most see more progress from Frolov and think he'll just keep getting better til he tops out in points 60-80 and great two-way play. My problem with Carter is that he lacks consistant play and the teams he has played for see that in him and trade him. What I'm trying to understand with regards to prospects(whether long-term or more ready) are not sure bets until they actually play in the bigs. So to say we should have gotten so-and-so because he is putting up huge numbers in juniors or college is bunk. What they do in juniors and college is all window dressing until they are able to compete with/against nhl players. That is why I've tried to preach patience, and it's not about the now. Hate to be a bother with winded blabber...sorry I need a nap.

Old
01-13-2005, 06:30 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
KP that was well said and I'd be a dope to not understand what you're saying. I agree with most of that, Frolov in a lot of peoples eyes is our best player of the future and the future becoming sooner than later. True he has the chance to even out or even decline in coming years, but most see more progress from Frolov and think he'll just keep getting better til he tops out in points 60-80 and great two-way play. My problem with Carter is that he lacks consistant play and the teams he has played for see that in him and trade him. What I'm trying to understand with regards to prospects(whether long-term or more ready) are not sure bets until they actually play in the bigs. So to say we should have gotten so-and-so because he is putting up huge numbers in juniors or college is bunk. What they do in juniors and college is all window dressing until they are able to compete with/against nhl players. That is why I've tried to preach patience, and it's not about the now. Hate to be a bother with winded blabber...sorry I need a nap.
Yeah, I'm expecting more from Frolov, rather than less. He can certainly learn to do a lot more, and he made a lot of progress last season:
- He used his teammates more
- He increased his shot variety (He seriously played like he was tethered to the opponent's net with all his wrap-a-rounds the first season)
- He has improved in his puck protection even more so than before

He could improve in a few ways, but I'll save that for another post.

I have mixed feelings about Carter. He's definitely worth acquiring if we can get him for a low price tag (no more than $1.5 mil). Despite his inconsistencies, he CAN handle second line ice time. Carter just happened to play badly, and play injured, while the entire team was playing badly. That doesn't exonerate him from underachieving, but it's not like he was the only King playing like garbage during that 14 game span.

If Carter works out, then we have a decent second liner for a cheap price, until the kids in Manchester are willing to come up. You certainly don't want all of them to come up at once. If Carter doesn't work out, then buying out a $1.5 million contract won't hurt the payroll that much... or they could trade him to some other team that sees value in a $1.5 million second liner.

And I agree with having patience in prospects, particularly long term prospects like Boyle. However, it's fair to say that if a player struggles to compete in juniors, then it's not likely he can compete against NHLers; this is why you do have to take into SOME consideration what the players are doing now. The difference is how much weight we all put upon it

Old
01-13-2005, 10:22 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
KPD can probably speak for himself, but I figure I'll step in and try to interpret to cool things down

While Frolov has definitely shown some promise as a youth, we'd be better served if we didn't go ga-ga over him, because Frolov still has development ahead of him. This isn't to say he's a bad player, bad leader, or overrated; he's just not reached his potential, and anything can happen that could stop him from developing into a more complete player.

With Carter, we know what we're getting, because he's been in the league long enough for us to know what he's capable of. He underachieved last season, and it wouldn't hurt to re-sign him to a cheap contract, if possible.

His beef with Boyle is that he's a project, and will take many years to develop to even be considered NHL ready. He went back and forth with a few people regarding this point. While he saw eye to eye with me, regarding why it's necessary to get long term projects sometimes, he thinks we could have picked someone else who would be ready sooner.

Basically, I think he's more concerned about what's happening now, than what COULD happen. Boyle has the potential to be a solid first liner, but right now he's far from hitting that. Frolov has the potential to be a star, but right now he hasn't quite hit it.

I disagree a little bit, and think more weight should be put on potential than what KPD is giving credit for... but that's why we have these boards to discuss

And of course, KPD can correct me if I'm misunderstanding.
*clap clap clap*

that's all i been saying this whole time. honestly, i think half of you guys read my stuff and just spin out in your own interpretations just because i don't agree with most of the board half the times.

and in all honesty, i actually agree with you in that i should probably put more weight into potential, but i'm a born realist with ingrained pessimism. so i tend to follow the philosophy of one bird in the hand is worth two birds in the bushes. but well said, u summed up everythign i said in a more sane, concise, and intelligent manner.

Old
01-14-2005, 05:09 AM
4kingzfan1

4kingsfan1 back in the housee.....

for my first post back, I'd like to say that Frolov is a superstar.

That's it....oh, and I told you so...

Old
01-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kingzfan1
4kingsfan1 back in the housee.....

for my first post back, I'd like to say that Frolov is a superstar.

That's it....oh, and I told you so...
God tell me it isn't so!

Old
01-15-2005, 03:05 PM
4kingzfan1

It's so!

Old
02-10-2005, 09:02 PM
McSorley 33

Hoping frolov can replace ziggy in a few years. We are going to really need that. That is if Ziggy comes back. (brown and Lauri T should turn into potential stars as well) and Cammy. sorry man, Kings stable is looking very good

Closed Thread