HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

( OT ) David Pratt

Old
03-27-2010, 06:40 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlweezer View Post
Pratt is terrible,

how many times do we need to hear his "late night" stories and how the 80's was a "blur"

"get a load of this" ahahah

Do people actually believe that this guy is a womanizer and a party animal? Theres a reason why he is a middle aged single dude.

The stuff he says are pretty laughable as well, IMO he is the worst on air persona that Team 1040 has..

The only thing I agree with him with is his opinion about toronto being the "centre of the universe"
Blake Price is 1,000 times worse in my opinion. Don Taylor needs to shut the hell up as well. His "boy scout, aw shucks" persona has worn so thin on me. I'd change it when Taylor spoke but since he's drive time and I am entertained by Pratt it makes it tough.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 06:45 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Spy A Sedin Duck View Post
There are many words that could be used to describe Tiger's lady friends besides "skanks" such as mistresses, girlfriends, paramours, lovers, significant others, sexual partners -- all of these terms are more accurate and less politically charged than the term "skanks."

The problem with "skank" is that, as with many slang words, it lacks a clear and precise definition and is thus open to different interpretations. You might consider skank to mean a person who sleeps with a married man, but for many people, the term carries with it much more severe derogatory and misogynistic connotations.

It's clearly a politically incorrect (borderline sexist) term to use, but I would rather he feel free to use it than not. After all, what a boring country we would be if people were not free to make themselves look like idiots.
I would actually refer to both Tiger and his "ladies" as all skanks.

It is defined as: A person of low or sleazy character.

Political correctness:seeking to minimize social and institutional offense in occupational, gender, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, handicap, and age-related contexts.

I'm sorry if you all thought I was being harsh against only women, when I in fact mean everyone of every colour, race, creed, religion, sex ect, who acts like the aforementioned people are all of low or sleazy character.

I'm sorry that is so hard to understand.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 06:46 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
If you don't like what he is saying then turn the station or turn off your radio. Complaining that your kids might hear what he says is laughable, if you think someones kids might be offended then they also have a CHOICE to not listen to him. This is "PC" run amok.

Honestly, Pratt might be a horses ass but he is PAID to be a horses ass. He is paid to stir debate. The World would be pretty damn boring if every radio personality was vanilla. It could be worse...he could be Blake Price (who is insufferable in my opinion). Do what I do when Price is on, change the station.

Old
03-27-2010, 07:17 PM
rye&ginger

Pratt stirs BS, not debate.

He admitted the other day to being a lazy reporter. Would show up for the early, and then for the 3rd period.

We are supposed to accept the opinion of someone like that?

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
That's not being "real", that's being judgmental.

Personally, I just call her by her name.
Ashley Madison?

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 08:27 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesome View Post
Ashley Madison?
That made me smile

Old
03-27-2010, 09:37 PM
LadyJet26
Lest We Forget

vCash: 1236
Pratt is one of the most disgusting POS's on the radio. He's degrading to women. Like we don't know sports. I used to listen to Pratt and Taylor but I get mad everytime he's on the air. And why the **** does he bring up politics on a ****ing sports talk radio show? I'd do a way better job than him. I probably know more than him.

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote