HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#75 - 03.27.2010 | New York Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
03-27-2010, 09:34 PM
John Torturella

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
There has to be something very wrong with anyone associated with this team if they arent royally pissed off tonight...Im just a fan and I feel like hitting something.

Can you imagine having to answer to some troll like Brooks after a **** day at work.
If I were paid like Tortorella to coach a game I would have no problem dealing with the press, which is part of the job.

Can you imagine being a hardworking writer and having to deal with a ***** like Torts when trying to finish your work for the night?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Gotta love those 2-0 leads, huh?
Gotta love the new NHL.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:37 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
If I were paid like Tortorella to coach a game I would have no problem dealing with the press, which is part of the job.

Can you imagine being a hardworking writer and having to deal with a ***** like Torts when trying to finish your work for the night?
so a guy cant get pissed because he gets paid a lot?.....his job is to coach a hockey team not to be the PR guy for the team...Im glad hes pissed...he should be....every person in that locker room should be at least half as pissed as I am.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:41 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
so a guy cant get pissed because he gets paid a lot?.....his job is to coach a hockey team not to be the PR guy for the team...Im glad hes pissed...he should be....every person in that locker room should be at least half as pissed as I am.
Sure, he can get pissed. But there is a point where as a representative of the Rangers' franchise and of the NHL, that you have to maintain a certain level of professionalism. You can't be an ass to be an ass.

Whats your reasoning for the way the guy reacted to Rick Carpiniello's legitimate question the other night? Or how bout when he flipped out on Andrew Gross for no reason? Telling a writer he got beat up at the bus stop?

The guy is a clown. Plain and simple. If this were a popular sport he would have been gone 4 months ago.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:45 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Sure, he can get pissed. But there is a point where as a representative of the Rangers' franchise and of the NHL, that you have to maintain a certain level of professionalism. You can't be an ass to be an ass.

Whats your reasoning for the way the guy reacted to Rick Carpiniello's legitimate question the other night? Or how bout when he flipped out on Andrew Gross for no reason? Telling a writer he got beat up at the bus stop?

The guy is a clown. Plain and simple. If this were a popular sport he would have been gone 4 months ago.
Coaches like this can succeed. I mean Ozzie Guillen, the manager for the White Socks is the same way.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:45 PM
morffin

Quote:

not crazy about him talking to Carp and Gross that way ...they are good writers... Brooks is a clown who deserve to be treated as such... he wouldnt be allowed to cover girls jr high hockey games in Canada.

I like that he shows emotion and doesnt put up with cliche questions from lazy writers...good for him.

Last edited by morffin: 03-27-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old
03-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Here's the YT from the mainboards of the F-bomb. Go Henrik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstar50 View Post

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:47 PM
morffin

Quote:

want to add that Im not crazy about how he runs the team .... too many line shuffles and a lot of other stuff.....including letting Redden anywhere near the rink.... the way he deals with the media is not an issue for me.

Old
03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Also, guys need to remember that Gaborik is a perimeter finesse player who does more than his fair share of backchecking as compared to other guys in his category.

Yeah, I'm mad at Gaborik for being "lazy" sometimes, but at the same time, thank God the guy is friggin healthy and is scoring 40 goals for us.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:49 PM
NYR Viper

I mean lets not all sit here and pretend like most journalists wouldnt stick it to Torts if they had the chance. They say whatever they need to say in order to get readers, and if that means reading too far into a tiny comment than they will do so.

Old
03-27-2010, 10:02 PM
XLJ

I dont have a problem with the way Torts treated Carp. I mean the guy wanted 3 forwards out on the ice in overtime.

Writers make a living off ripping coaches and players in my opinion its a two way street. They shouldn't be sensitive if a coach does the same to them its part of the job.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow

Quote:
not crazy about him talking to Carp and Gross that way ...they are good writers... Brooks is a clown who deserve to be treated as such... he wouldnt be allowed to cover girls jr high hockey games in Canada.

I like that he shows emotion and doesnt put up with cliche questions from lazy writers...good for him.
Look, it gets to a point where you need to answer some legitimate questions that a reporter asks. Sam's question about the teams inability to play 4on4 hockey, especially in overtime (they are 1-7 now in OT) is a major concern of fans and therefore the media who represent us -- Torts blew him off.

As unprofessional as Torts and Brooks are, Brooks' question about the 3rd-man in was a legitimate question. This wasn't some dumb media reporter asking something obvious. He took out his anger on him and while I thought it was hilarious I also cannot stand when he dodges questions.

It's one thing to ridicule or ignore a stupid question by a reporter (they do it all the time) but when you are ignoring or blowing off legitimate, pressing questions that the fans deserve to get answers to, that's when I have a problem.

His antics with the NY media were funny at first but it's gotten old real fast, especially with the on-ice product we've seen all season.

Old
03-27-2010, 10:08 PM
money bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Kerry Fraser's last game as a referee...too bad he is being made to retire., even at his advanced age he is still one of the best in the league and having met him several times I can tell you he is a nice man off the ice.
..and I can tell you he's a pos.

money bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:14 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by money bags View Post
..and I can tell you he's a pos.
i thought it was his last game in Toronto...he is retiring at the end of the season.. hes doing the Rangers Flyers game......great ref.

Old
03-27-2010, 10:15 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
Look, it gets to a point where you need to answer some legitimate questions that a reporter asks. Sam's question about the teams inability to play 4on4 hockey, especially in overtime (they are 1-7 now in OT) is a major concern of fans and therefore the media who represent us -- Torts blew him off.

As unprofessional as Torts and Brooks are, Brooks' question about the 3rd-man in was a legitimate question. This wasn't some dumb media reporter asking something obvious. He took out his anger on him and while I thought it was hilarious I also cannot stand when he dodges questions.

It's one thing to ridicule or ignore a stupid question by a reporter (they do it all the time) but when you are ignoring or blowing off legitimate, pressing questions that the fans deserve to get answers to, that's when I have a problem.

His antics with the NY media were funny at first but it's gotten old real fast, especially with the on-ice product we've seen all season.
he does answer most questions .... Brooks is a fool I wouldnt let him anywhere near an NHL rink...dont blame Torts for dismissing anything he asks.

Old
03-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
Awful game to lose..absolutely awful, especially when you consider the opponent.
An 8-3 team in their past eleven games??

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:37 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Worst in the East.

Old
03-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Very impressive.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...d=nav-stn-conf

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 2550
does anyone know why the rangers were wearing their home jerseys?

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:57 PM
The New Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
I know everybody knows thinks that Henrik has stolen every win for us, but can we quantify how many losses or points he's lost for us.

The Ottawa game, the Detroit game and tonight....That's 5 possible points I know for a fact he gave up horrible soft late goals that cost us at least a point, maybe two.

Maybe the Montreal game earlier in the season as well
You need to settle down.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Carl Hagelins Flow

Quote:
he does answer most questions .... Brooks is a fool I wouldnt let him anywhere near an NHL rink...dont blame Torts for dismissing anything he asks.
Brooks is an idiot, don't mistake me defending him as me condoning him as a quality reporter. No.

But his question the night Carcillo fought Gaborik was also a question shared by Zipay and Andrew Gross, the latter of which mentioned in his next day article that if Brooks didn't ask it, he would have.

The only person Torts doesn't snap at is Sam and maybe Stan Fischler (dunno about lately), but he still didn't answer his question.

At this point in the season, I think we deserve some answers.

Old
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
Leafs are one of the hottest teams in the lg...thats what makes this loss even harder to take...we had them and blew it.

Old
03-27-2010, 11:02 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
Brooks is an idiot, don't mistake me defending him as me condoning him as a quality reporter. No.

But his question the night Carcillo fought Gaborik was also a question shared by Zipay and Andrew Gross, the latter of which mentioned in his next day article that if Brooks didn't ask it, he would have.

The only person Torts doesn't snap at is Sam and maybe Stan Fischler (dunno about lately), but he still didn't answer his question.

At this point in the season, I think we deserve some answers.
Gross is the guy with the deep voice you hear asking questions at pressers .... Torts has been very prof. with him all season...until that incident the other day.
Brooks and Torts have a long history....this didnt start with the Rangers.
Im off to my old fart game...have a great night.

Old
03-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Leafs are one of the hottest teams in the lg...thats what makes this loss even harder to take...we had them and blew it.
Still...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...d=nav-stn-conf

Also...

We started our season 7-1. Doesn't take away from the fact that we blow.

The Leafs are not a good team.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 11:21 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
I don't understand what's not to like about how the Leafs are playing as of late. They looked like the team playing for their playoff lives tonight.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote