HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

LA Kings v. Dallas Stars: THOUGHTS, TIDBITS, AND COMPLAINTS!

Old
03-28-2010, 12:46 AM
Ollie Weeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
Well, they are. Because Quick is a siv. Quick lets in at least ONE soft goal a night. Bernier doesn't do that. The guy is so fundamentally sound its ridiculous. He needs to be our tender.

Its not all Quicks fault though.. Its not like he has a solid D core in front of him.

O'Donnell is old, Harrold sucks, Scuderi is not a "steady defenseman" that guy is brutal and has been all year. Randy Jones is a turnover show, and we need to get rid of Jack Johnson.
The problem with this team is the team itself. Changing one component won't matter at all right now. The team as it stands needs to work it all out. Some of what you say is correct, but its riddled with generalizations and exaggerations. We're playing .500 hockey for chrissake. Be thankful we're not in a balls-out tailspin. Either we work it out or we don't. But in no way will inserting a different goalie change the flow - it'll be a different guy looking skyward when the puck bounces in off Doughty or Johnson or whoever. And replacing our veteran depth with unseasoned whiz-kids is also a bad idea.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:47 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Now that I think about it, our D core does suck lol, wow. I think the only good defenseman we have are Drew Doughty & Matt Greene (sort of). Hickey? Voynov? Deslauriers? Martinez? Anyoneeeeee? Please help
It REALLY does and we overpaid Scuderi heavily to go out there and get dangled.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Quattro

Quote:
You can definitely tell that Bernier already has better fundamentals than Quick. Bernier probably 95 times out of 100 will make the first save, and probably control the rebound.. And on top of that not play the puck like a dumbass.
How exactly do you know this? Are all of Manchester's games televised in Newbury Park?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:49 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
The problem with this team is the team itself. Changing one component won't matter at all right now. The team as it stands needs to work it all out. Some of what you say is correct, but its riddled with generalizations and exaggerations. We're playing .500 hockey for chrissake. Be thankful we're not in a balls-out tailspin. Either we work it out or we don't. But in no way will inserting a different goalie change the flow - it'll be a different guy looking skyward when the puck bounces in off Doughty or Johnson or whoever. And replacing our veteran depth with unseasoned whiz-kids is also a bad idea.
Whiz-kids that can get the puck up ice and that can actually skate I will take over players that cant play. Just because they are "veterans" doesn't mean they get a pass. And it doesn't mean they are solid either.

Old
03-28-2010, 12:52 AM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Whiz-kids that can get the puck up ice and that can actually skate I will take over players that cant play. Just because they are "veterans" doesn't mean they get a pass. And it doesn't mean they are solid either.
So are you saying that we should use the youngsters for the rest of the season AND the playoffs? Without those vets I think these youngsters are gonna lose their minds. It is big to have a guy who has playoff experience who could just settle you down. Mentally the vets could be a huge help, as for physically.... We could limit the ice-time?

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

I left early from the game.

The fans were so annoying tonight. Look, if you don't know anything about hockey and aren't engaged in the game, just GTFO.

Anyone who thinks that Jack Johnson is better on the powerplay than Stoll is completely and utterly clueless.

The reffing is bush league. Not even about bias. The Kings got their chances on the powerplay, but calling 14 ****ing penalties is completely rediculous.

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:55 AM
MxK1NGS

I would like to point out that with 1 measly win the Kings would be back in 5th and with some games in hand we could add on more.. Again something to cheer us up.. Let's wait and see if this highly unpredictable team could pull it off..

Old
sueroe

Quote:
Well, they are. Because Quick is a siv. Quick lets in at least ONE soft goal a night. Bernier doesn't do that. The guy is so fundamentally sound its ridiculous. He needs to be our tender.

Its not all Quicks fault though.. Its not like he has a solid D core in front of him.

O'Donnell is old, Harrold sucks, Scuderi is not a "steady defenseman" that guy is brutal and has been all year. Randy Jones is a turnover show, and we need to get rid of Jack Johnson.
Quick has been a huge part of the team's success this season. He has been solid throughout the year and has kept this team in a number games when needed. Bernier looked awesome in the one call up but its hardly a huge sample size to determine the better goalie, and i will have no problem at all if he becomes the better goalie.

Quick is looking tired and he is not the only decent goalie that has slid in the latter part of the season.

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Well then perhaps we should charter two planes and fly the Monarchs over here and dump the Kings in Manchester. Cause everybody's at fault.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
So are you saying that we should use the youngsters for the rest of the season AND the playoffs? Without those vets I think these youngsters are gonna lose their minds. It is big to have a guy who has playoff experience who could just settle you down. Mentally the vets could be a huge help, as for physically.... We could limit the ice-time?
All I'm saying is this..

I'm taking talent over "veteran players that suck" any day of the week. What has Jeff Halpern done besides talk about that he's apart of the competition committee? Loktionov and Moller are both better hockey players than him.

Old
03-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

And of course people will blame Terry Murray.

Of course.

Of. Course.

Kings fans instinctively blame Terry Murray.

Old
03-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

Quote:
All I'm saying is this..

I'm taking talent over "veteran players that suck" any day of the week. What has Jeff Halpern done besides talk about that he's apart of the competition committee? Loktionov and Moller are both better hockey players than him.
I can't believe you are blaming Jeff Halpern for this. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Old
03-28-2010, 12:58 AM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
I can't believe you are blaming Jeff Halpern for this. That's absolutely ridiculous.
I'm not BLAMING any certain player.. But theres "veteran presences" on this team that can barely even play out there, when we have more talented, skilled players in the system.

Old
03-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Am I still a bad fan thinking it's better for us long term to miss the playoffs than squeak in and lose in the first round?

Dammit I don't really mean that. I want to see some playoffs games where I actually have a rooting interest for a change. I just can't stand TM. Never could. While he's done better than I expected, I think this is his peak of where he can take this team. The team collapsing and missing the playoffs might actually cost him his job.
I feel exactly the same way. I want to see playoff hockey so bad, but is it really worth it to have another season of Murray and Kompon?

Terry Murray hockey is just an abomination.

Lombardi could not have hired two crappier coaches in his tenure with the Kings.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

Quote:
I'm not BLAMING any certain player.. But theres "veteran presences" on this team that can barely even play out there, when we have more talented, skilled players in the system.
That's funny, because it was the "talented skill" played like Frolov and Johnson and Brown who didn't show up tonight.

And why is Drewiske out of the lineup? One of OD or Jones needs to take a seat.

Old
03-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I feel exactly the same way. I want to see playoff hockey so bad, but is it really worth it to have another season of Murray and Kompon?

Lombardi could not have hired two crappier coaches in his tenure with the Kings.
Seriously, you only blame the coaches.

It's as if you are just a spam bot designed to flood "TERRY MURRAY SUCKS" in different ways here.

Old
two out of three*

Quote:
That's funny, because it was the "talented skill" played like Frolov and Johnson and Brown who didn't show up tonight.

And why is Drewiske out of the lineup? One of OD or Jones needs to take a seat.
Frolov has been one of our better players recently. Why is Alex the scape goat? Guy has to play with Clune and Halpern every night. He played well. He and Justin Williams were our best players tonight.

Old
MxK1NGS

Quote:
All I'm saying is this..

Lemme ask ya this question? Are you saying that this Kings season is now or never? Would you really rush those 2 youngsters development just for this year? Not much experience under their belt whatsoever. List me one Stanley Cup team that had no Vets on their team....(not saying that the Kings will necessarily get there) Why do you think Detroit still have guys like Kirk Maltby around? I am almost sure a prospect could replace him.

Old
03-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

Quote:
Frolov has been one of our better players recently. Why is Alex the scape goat? Guy has to play with Clune and Halpern every night. He played well. He and Justin Williams were our best players tonight.
Quite frankly I have to question whether you watched the game.

Frolov did absolutely nothing tonight. He hasn't done anything for a while.

Williams, debatable.

And what also leads me to question your accuracy is that because basically only half the game was played at even strength, there is no way that Frolov played enough with Clune and Halpern that it actually had any significant effect on his play.

Old
03-28-2010, 01:04 AM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

Yeah he could..
Hitchcock, Crawford(wait he did hire him I believe?), and McTavish... Murray isn't as bad as people are making him to be. Kompon is yes, horrible.

Old
03-28-2010, 01:04 AM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
Lemme ask ya this question? Are you saying that this Kings season is now or never? Would you really rush those 2 youngsters development just for this year? Not much experience under their belt whatsoever. List me one Stanley Cup team that had no Vets on their team....(not saying that the Kings will necessarily get there) Why do you think Detroit still have guys like Kirk Maltby around? I am almost sure a prospect could replace him.
Well, probably because Kirk Maltby does his job. And his ice time is I'm guessing very limited.

Thats not the case with the "vets" on this squad.

Old
03-28-2010, 01:05 AM
two out of three*

Quote:
Quite frankly I have to question whether you watched the game.

Frolov did absolutely nothing tonight. He hasn't done anything for a while.

Williams, debatable.

And what also leads me to question your accuracy is that because basically only half the game was played at even strength, there is no way that Frolov played enough with Clune and Halpern that it actually had any significant effect on his play.
Frolov was playing on the fourth line for the last couple of games. If its not Clune its Harrold, and if its not one of them its probably Ivanans.

Old
03-28-2010, 01:06 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
And of course people will blame Terry Murray.

Of course.

Of. Course.

Kings fans instinctively blame Terry Murray.
I've been blaming the players for so much for so long now, but at some point I wanna know what TM has tried to do to motivate this team. Is he trying to motivate them?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 01:06 AM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Well, probably because Kirk Maltby does his job. And his ice time is I'm guessing very limited.

Thats not the case with the "vets" on this squad.
IMO Scuderi hasn't been that bad this season. OD is well veeery old and we should've gave him more breaks throughout the year. But when I say Kirk Maltby is because he gives stability on the bench. Especially at critical times.

EDIT: I AM SURE that if the Kings have won these last 3 games you would not have this discussion about bringing up these prospects.. Or Bernier.

Old
03-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

Frolov just irritates me now. I used to be his big defender, but sometimes he just doesn't bring it. Jesus Christ.

Brown has to ****ing hit the net. We should accept that he is a grinder that chips in goals rather than a legitimate offensive player.

Jack Johnson is just not that good. His potential maybe, but his play right now, is not that of a top-4 defenseman. I can't blame Lombardi for expecting Jack to make that leap, we all were. He has done nothing to stand out from Jones recently (hell, Jones even tried to throw a hit tonight)

Only 2 players stood out in a good way - Smyth and Kopitar

OD needs to see the bench. My god.

Doughty was just madly turning over the puck tonight. Jesus.

Quick failed to make any big saves.

Everyone ****ing failed.