HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#75 - 03.27.2010 | New York Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
03-27-2010, 11:22 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
does anyone know why the rangers were wearing their home jerseys?
because the Leafs wore their alternative white jerseys and the road team wears whatever the home team isn't wearing.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 11:23 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
Still...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...d=nav-stn-conf

Also...

We started our season 7-1. Doesn't take away from the fact that we blow.

The Leafs are not a good team.
And during the time we were 7-1, we were not a team people wanted to play. What's so hard about admitting the Leafs have been a good team as of late???

Old
03-27-2010, 11:25 PM
RangerFan10

I'd love to know the reasoning behind Anders Eriksson being the guy we chose to replace Gilroy in the lineup. Pairing Eriksson and Redden together mightve just been the slowest combined foot speed of 2 defenseman on the ice at the same time in the post lockout NHL ever. Unless the two happened to be on the ice at the same time against each other post-lockout at an earlier date.

Old
03-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
And during the time we were 7-1, we were not a team people wanted to play. What's so hard about admitting the Leafs have been a good team as of late???
...and during that time, we were 0-7-1, without such a horrible start
we might have been there with you.

I agree, The Leafs suck, but not so much right now.
Please keep an eye on those standings....they'll be changing too.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I dont have to much to say about this one really, they sat back waay too much thinking they had it in the bag and didnt get the insurance goal.

Its amazing how even when trying to pull off a miracle stretch run, this team can let a 2 game win streak inflate their ego and get them playing cocky again.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 11:47 PM
TomLaidlaw

That was a real poop sandwich.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 11:56 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
I guess you dont watch much hockey? New to the game? This is either a very biased or uneducated/ignorant statement.

In your estimation, who is the best goalie in the league? I guarantee I can post some videos of soft goals by him.
so you think the best goalie in the league gets beat by a horrible shot at a terrible angle in one of the most significant of games. very biased... i laugh at you. i love henrik but im not the one all over his junk like you are. i'm objective enough to know that he does give up to many softies and imo hes not the best goalie in the league. so are you new to the game? because there is a guy named ryan miller who was the mvp out of anybody in the olympics and out played henrik in their last game together at the garden. i even think luongo is better.

uneducated/ignorant statement.... if henrik is saying he needs to play better is he ignorant too? he would be... check that, WAS the 1st person to say that the goal was horrible. if you think henrik is the best goalie in the league thats fine with me, but if your going to call me ignorant for thinking differently i can just the same call you a homer.

Last edited by chip chipperson*: 03-28-2010 at 12:09 AM.
chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:15 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I don't understand what's not to like about how the Leafs are playing as of late. They looked like the team playing for their playoff lives tonight.
And for those who care to notice, the Leafs are an improving team. One thing they do fairly well is the continuous effort, i.e. they don't sit back and lose for lack of effort.

And to go one point further, it seems very popular to bash Burke. Well, Mr. Burke has done more in one year to improve his team than Mr. Sather has done in two, three?

I like Burke, and I like what he is doing with the Leafs. The players feel excited, they know they are competing for a job. Forget the whole 'Leafs Nation' loser mentality (and seriously, so many of these people are just idiots with money)

So yes, NYR, you lost to a decent team tonight. You could have won, but you started to suck when you should have ratcheted up the pressure.

That's the sign of a loser team.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:31 AM
trilobyte

So many lazy-@sses on this team.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:31 AM
lbrowne

I was very surprised at how well spoken Shelley was.

We needed that extra point bad.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:44 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I was very surprised at how well spoken Shelley was.

We needed that extra point bad.
What did u expect, they guy has a law degree.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:22 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I hate this team so much. I am a die hard fan, have been for over a decade, but I just can't continue to root for mediocrity season after season. Something has to give somewhere. We have a franchise forward and goaltender in their primes; its a shame that their good years are going to waste.

Anyone who thinks that this team is making the playoffs is kidding themselves. I haven't seen this squad so inept at the fundamentals of the game quite like this season's. This team turned the puck over more than the worst team in the Eastern Conference this season. Think about that for a minute. Playoffs? This team as a collective unit outside of Lundqvist and Gaborik can't even hold Ovechkin's jock strap, let alone the entire Washington Captials team.

Get a good, young player this draft that can make an impact quickly (Kabanov anyone?). Let the kids develop, dump Redden by any means possible, and spend that money as best as you can to get some sort of secondary offensive threat for Gaborik and a defenseman that can actually clear the crease and not take any ******** (Volchenkov please).

Excuse my drunk rant, but this is how I really feel. If the players of this organization really care about the team's future, they should take it into account in the last few games of the season. It's a shame that many of them are to prideful to go out, play half-assed, collect their overinflated paychecks, and still ***** and moan to the beat reporters to write something nice about them, and not about the team being in a lottery position. Give me a ****ing break. How about earning the right to have something nice written about you, instead of losing to the worst team in the conference in what was perhaps the most important game of the season. **** off. This team from the owners all the way down to the players can go to hell.

Once again, I apologize for the tirade. I hope that despite being a bit inebriated, that I make some sort of sense.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:30 AM
AVRangerfan43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post

I thought Voros would've done something to show he was in the lineup tonight.
What is wrong with some of you fans? What did you want from Voros tonight? He got 2 shots on net, 6 hits which was the most of any of the team and 13 minutes of ice time. He must have been doing something right to be out there that long. First you people complain cause he takes bad penalties or too many of them, then you complain that he can't fight, and now you say he should have done something in the game tonight. I thought he did great and so would other Voros fans and yes there are other Voros fans apart from myself.

AVRangerfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:53 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVRangerfan43 View Post
What is wrong with some of you fans? What did you want from Voros tonight? He got 2 shots on net, 6 hits which was the most of any of the team and 13 minutes of ice time. He must have been doing something right to be out there that long. First you people complain cause he takes bad penalties or too many of them, then you complain that he can't fight, and now you say he should have done something in the game tonight. I thought he did great and so would other Voros fans and yes there are other Voros fans apart from myself.
How did I get singled out? I like Voros. I think he's a decent hockey player who just happens to be severely over paid. I didn't want him to fight Orr, but they have other players who might be willing to go. He may have had a couple of shots on net, but I don't think he was in the lineup to score. I didn't see him put hits on any of their players. If he had 6 hits, that's news to me. I did not notice him on the ice.... I wanted more out of him. I wanted more out of most of the team, but thanks for taking one of my observations and blowing it way out of proportion.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 04:54 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

I really liked what PAP brought to the table. Also Drury and Redden weren't THAT bad.....the tieing goal is on Hank, getting beaten on the short side is the goalie's fault. Whatever, 1 point that brings us closer to 9th seed. Yaay.

Edit: and yes, it was a bad game. Giveaway after giveaway, no team able to capitalize. The goalies were pretty good, but as I said, the 2-2 is on Hank.

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 07:53 AM
bubba5

This team is the 2nd worst team in the league since November and we are going to get a lousy 10-14 pick in the draft. We will be hearing about great prospects who are a few years away (as we have been hearing about the last 3 years) who will never make it to the big club. Why because we will always overpay for dead weight. It the circle of life with the Rangers!!!!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 11:26 AM
NYRangers77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
How did I get singled out? I like Voros. I think he's a decent hockey player who just happens to be severely over paid. I didn't want him to fight Orr, but they have other players who might be willing to go. He may have had a couple of shots on net, but I don't think he was in the lineup to score. I didn't see him put hits on any of their players. If he had 6 hits, that's news to me. I did not notice him on the ice.... I wanted more out of him. I wanted more out of most of the team, but thanks for taking one of my observations and blowing it way out of proportion.
Lol dude its aaron voros what did u want, a hat trick from him? He played well and was noticeable. Where were the guys who are supposed to score.

NYRangers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Block More Shots

Missed the game...I saw we called up Eriksson. How did he do?

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote