HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Off topic: Heatley quits his swiss team for more money

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2005, 07:04 AM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Off topic: Heatley quits his swiss team for more money

Admitting he's in dire need of cash, Dany left his Bern team right at the end of the regular season for a 500 000 $ one month stint in the Russian league.

Heatley reportedly said to his teammates (or to some, because according to Christian Dubé, the players are plain mad at him for doing so, while only one point behind in the standings for a playoff spot, with three games to go), that he needed the cash badly to pay off his lawyers.

I bring this point to front because in my opinion, you're seeing the first of many star players lacking dough after a season of lockout. Don't be surprised to see them cross the picketline come next October. The guys won't be able to stand off another season.

If guys like Heatley cross, others will. Just like it happened in the NHL, when Montana, Elway and co. crossed the picketlines.

Old
02-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Form and Substance

and got shot, nazi germany style

Old
02-10-2005, 10:33 AM
BLONG7

These guys in the PA(some not all) are a joke...

Old
02-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I really dont see what the big deal is. So he went for more money, so what? He atleast finished the season and then moved on..........

Good lawyers do cost a haleva lot of money. Im sure hes got one of the best.....

Last edited by Mooch: 02-10-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Old
02-10-2005, 11:39 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I really dont see what the big deal is. So he went for more money, so what? He atleast finished the season and then moved on..........

Good lawyers do cost a haleva lot of money. Im sure hes got one of the best.....

Yeah right, he's probably their best player and he left the team with 3 games to go 1 point behind playoffs. His teammates are probably glad he ALMOST finished the season.

Old
02-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Habs13

...yep, because who needs star players come playoff time anyway? Heatley is a ******.

Old
02-10-2005, 05:10 PM
RyanWhite53

Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
This probably has more to do with all the stuff he has to do during his probation, like teaching 50 driving safety classes (or something) in the next year. That's like one a week, I doubt he can do that in Switzerland.

Old
02-10-2005, 05:51 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

a contract is a contract , nobody forced him ti sign it .

but is not the first one to do that .i read in a newspaper that 60 and something players from the NHL didn't stay with the team they have signed with ( returned to americas or signed more lucrative contract )

they are giving a really nice view of themselves

Old
02-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Kasparov*

I would do it too if i was him

Old
02-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
This probably has more to do with all the stuff he has to do during his probation, like teaching 50 driving safety classes (or something) in the next year. That's like one a week, I doubt he can do that in Switzerland.
If he can't do it in Switzerland, what makes you think he could do so in Russia?

Old
02-10-2005, 10:21 PM
RyanWhite53

Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
If he can't do it in Switzerland, what makes you think he could do so in Russia?

yeah, I didn't know he signed with Russia. whoops.

Old
02-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
Yeah right, he's probably their best player and he left the team with 3 games to go 1 point behind playoffs. His teammates are probably glad he ALMOST finished the season.
Sorry guys, i was under the impression that he finished the season and that, that was it, no more playoffs, etc........

Old
02-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Sorry guys, i was under the impression that he finished the season and that, that was it, no more playoffs, etc........
Personally to me it doesn't matter at all midseason etc. The swiss club signed him to a contract that had an escape clause and they knew wholeheartedly that he would likely leave them at some time whether it was back to the NHL or a higher league.

The owners in that league likely pimped him out for their gain, used him for all he was worth as well, so....

Old
02-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Personally to me it doesn't matter at all midseason etc. The swiss club signed him to a contract that had an escape clause and they knew wholeheartedly that he would likely leave them at some time whether it was back to the NHL or a higher league.

The owners in that league likely pimped him out for their gain, used him for all he was worth as well, so....
Thats true.......

What i was trying yo get at earlier was, whats the big deal if he went for more money....its only human.

Closed Thread