Notices

A plea to Fox Sports North

Old
03-26-2010, 03:19 PM
djp4516

vCash: 500
A plea to Fox Sports North

PLEASE GET RID OF TERHAAR

Easily the worst play by play man, or in the discussion as the worst. This guys a nightmare. His voice cracks constantly, he messes up names, he is an enormous homer, he fails to see even the simplest of things...

I would kill a man to get John Forslund from Carolina here.. I love that guy.

djp4516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Time to promote Mazzacco?

Just kidding, he annoys me as much as Terhaar. Sometimes your just stuck with them. What's Gary Thorne doing nowadays?

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 03:52 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

ESPN hockey, baseball and Baltimore Orioles games on MASN. Which reminds me, can FS North please actually use an alternate channel and stop tape-delaying games?

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 04:02 PM
djp4516

I think Thorne is in a pretty hefty deal with the Orioles, so he's probably a no-go, as much as I'd love it.

I wonder if we could get the Atlanta play-by-play guy. This has to be a more attractive job than being there. I've always really liked that guy. Good voice, good hockey sense, down to earth. I am fine with Greenlay, he's been a lot better in his homerism this year.

I'm just glad I'm not a Gopher fan and have to listen to Anthony LaPanta. Can't stand him as a PBP guy. Great in the studio (not that I watch any of that tomfoolery anyways), but he's not meant to be a PBP guy.

Old
03-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Give Brunette the job once he retires. Funny guy.

Bruno hosts wild skills competition

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Jbcraig1883

I'd actually like Bomber to be full-time but he'd probably be the color commentator.

I agree, though, Terhaar is bad. I'm sure its hard to see guys sometimes but he will say Nolan is Havlat or Koivu...c'mon, one shoots right and the other two shoot left. That, in addition to many other things.

Just another random note...but I have seen the BJ's feed a few times and they were very objective, factual and just called the game. No dumb comments. Maybe I just saw one good game.

The worst is Errey and Steigerwald or whatever in Pit. This is the first year I haven't had Center Ice but those two, along with the guys from Anaheim make Dumb and Dumber look good...

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 05:29 PM
djp4516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
I'd actually like Bomber to be full-time but he'd probably be the color commentator.

I agree, though, Terhaar is bad. I'm sure its hard to see guys sometimes but he will say Nolan is Havlat or Koivu...c'mon, one shoots right and the other two shoot left. That, in addition to many other things.

Just another random note...but I have seen the BJ's feed a few times and they were very objective, factual and just called the game. No dumb comments. Maybe I just saw one good game.

The worst is Errey and Steigerwald or whatever in Pit. This is the first year I haven't had Center Ice but those two, along with the guys from Anaheim make Dumb and Dumber look good...
I don't like those Columbus guys from what I have seen, I dunno, they just rub me the wrong way.

Old
03-26-2010, 07:46 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

After watching him do the play-by-play for the SCSU-Northern Michigan game, what are people's thoughts on Clay Matvick?

Old
03-26-2010, 08:17 PM
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
After watching him do the play-by-play for the SCSU-Northern Michigan game, what are people's thoughts on Clay Matvick?
Bumped into him at The Sports Garden in Duluth a few years back after the Bulldogs got done owning the Gophers... he's a midget. And he couldn't successfully take advantage of drunken college girls.

Those are my thoughts.

UMD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 01:07 AM
mnwildgophers

Terhaar is horrible. I can't stand him either, it wouldn't be so bad if he didn't always say the wrong names, that's like really important.

If you listen to the game winning goal that Havlat scores against the Flames (it was the Avalanche) I think...I think it was the first game back from the olympic break, it's got to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

I'll see if I can find it...

I couldn't find the FSN feed, but here's the goal, try to find the FSN feed and it's great.

Last edited by mnwildgophers: 03-27-2010 at 01:20 AM.
mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 01:18 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Time to promote Mazzacco?

Just kidding, he annoys me as much as Terhaar. Sometimes your just stuck with them. What's Gary Thorne doing nowadays?
Well apparently he will be having a lot of free time.

On the plus side:
Quote:
Dimond said Fox Sports wants to “focus and energize” its Gophers hockey telecast next season and as a result will air all home games in high definition.

Old
03-28-2010, 02:32 AM
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs

WTF? They replace Frank with The Tupe? That monotone POS will be worse than Frank/Dougie... have fun with that.

Old
03-28-2010, 02:34 AM
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs

Seriously... that's like saying "we're letting Kevin McHale go and replacing him with Isiah Thomas."

Old
03-28-2010, 10:05 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

I love me some Mazzacco, but I don't think he'd work doing the NHL.

I don't mind Lapanta, like Matvick, loathe Terhaar. Bombardir is clumsy, and really isn't all that insightful as a former player.

Seriously, we haven't had a decent PBP guy since Mike Goldberg. That's just sad.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 01:04 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD Bob View Post
WTF? They replace Frank with The Tupe? That monotone POS will be worse than Frank/Dougie... have fun with that.
They need to give Wooger a "Coaches Corner" like segment. He's seriously Minnesota's version of Don Cherry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD Bob View Post
Seriously... that's like saying "we're letting Kevin McHale go and replacing him with Isiah Thomas."
Actually I think the Wolves might have already done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
Seriously, we haven't had a decent PBP guy since Mike Goldberg. That's just sad.
True, it's too bad he's moved onto bigger and better things with UFC.