HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ignoring the pathetic refereeing for one moment...

Old
03-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
And as It's proving now, that was a stupid theory. Wouldn't we all rather have a close knit team who played like 07-08 and clicked, or would we rather a team that in some capacity doesn't gel or get along well?

These guys are supposed to be pro's playing a tough sport. One would assume when dealing with pro's that they could put their differences behind them and earn their ****ing paychecks. If they can't, then it's a character issue and I'd gut this team from the top to the bottom. Nothing has been proven in regards to this team...other than it's still lacking in many areas including natural goal scorers, goaltending and decent draft picks imo.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
[B]I find it hard to believe Laviolette got Carcillo's act under control on the ice to the point that guys are taking shots at him and he's just eating it and looking at the refs, but Laviolette allows him to run his mouth inappropriately to team mates. I am of the opinion that he has every right to yell at any team mate who is underachieving as a result of poor effort. He goes out and plays hard every game, I think it fair that he hold others to the same standard.
[

I agree with all this. I'm sure Carcillo's not the only guy that's gone there this year.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

i love carcillo's energy. it really stands out compared to the lackluster effort from others on the ice

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Betts11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
i love carcillo's energy. it really stands out compared to the lackluster effort from others on the ice
This. And you put Laperriere in that boat.

Betts11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroooux14 View Post
This. And you put Laperriere in that boat.
Lappy made himself a hockey saint when he blocked that shot with his face and only missed a period. he doesnt get a boat, i will build him an ark by hand

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Lappy made himself a hockey saint when he blocked that shot with his face and only missed a period. he doesnt get a boat, i will build him an ark by hand
I was at that game, like two rows up from where it happened on the ice. It was a sickening feeling. When he took a shift in the third I couldn't believe it.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 10:07 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
These guys are supposed to be pro's playing a tough sport. One would assume when dealing with pro's that they could put their differences behind them and earn their ****ing paychecks. If they can't, then it's a character issue and I'd gut this team from the top to the bottom. Nothing has been proven in regards to this team...other than it's still lacking in many areas including natural goal scorers, goaltending and decent draft picks imo.
I'm talking about chemistry. That's not a matter of forcing things to work and "putting aside the differences". Chemistry in team sports is a delicate balance. My point is simply that I find it funny how much *****ing went on about the "party club", but now it turns out that could have been a rash decision. I've always thought that the *****ing about the partying was way overblown and not a real issue

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote