HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coburn contract talks

Old
03-29-2010, 03:19 AM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
I liked Pyorala's game . He probably won't get another shot with Philly, but I would like to see him stick in the NHL somewhere, he has a decent all-purpose game. Asham is a good player but doesn't bring anything irreplaceable I don't think.

Mostly though, I am just wondering how a machine gets rabies?
i want him to play as our 5th or 6th dman just to see...

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:04 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Coburn :: 3 Years @ 1.4M/per
Carcillo:: 2 Years @ 1M/per
Parent:: Arbitration (is he a RFA??)--give him another year
Coburn is making 1.3 right now. I'd say he will get around 2 million

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:05 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Coburn is making 1.3 right now. I'd say he will get around 2 million
He's not good enough to. I hope Homer doesn't pull a Randy Jones on us and themselves.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:17 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
He's not good enough to. I hope Homer doesn't pull a Randy Jones on us and themselves.
Andrew Ferance just got over 2.

Coburn can get 2 mil

Old
03-29-2010, 06:17 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I just love the quotes from the article:

“I don’t think he’s played as well as we would have anticipated,’’ Holmgren said. “And if you ask Braydon, probably not as good as he would have liked. He still logs a lot of minutes for us. I’m concerned that his production has dropped again this year.

“But I do think there are some variables here that are out of his control. Chris (Pronger) gets more power-play time now and Braydon is getting less this year. But we still consider him part of our future. We look forward to getting it (contract) done.’’

What Coburn has Holmgren been watching? Coburn has been absolutely atrocious. Some variables that are out of his control? Please. Maybe if Coburn played up to his ability, there wouldn't be any variable question. The guy has flat out stunk and he's stunk for two years. I hope he turns down the Flyers contract so they can ship his sorry ass to someone else and let him be their problem. An absolute 6'5 waste. Not even Therrien was as bad as Coburn has been.
I'm not being funny, but what do you want him to say? Yeah coburn has been ****ing terrible all year, if he doesn't accept this offer im shipping him outta here ? i thought homer played that very well

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Scoopyten

I wonder what Coburn's season would have been like if he had been paired with Pronger the whole way. Pronger seems to be the magic elixer. If Rory Fitzpatrick played with Pronger, he'd probably fool somebody into thinking he was a solid NHL defenseman

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Kaktus*

Coburn between 1.5-1.8 3-4 years deal is fair. I'd like to keep him. I think he will get better.

10% to Parent.

4 years .975 M per year to Carcillo.

Powe? 650K? That is if we need him at all. He is not 1st, 2nd and below average 3rd line player. 4th line? Sure. Why not?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 08:53 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
If Carcillo gets greedy, you dish him out west.

He is making like 895k now, and as a RFA he gets atleast 105% of that I think, so like 940k.

Give him 2/3 years at 1 million
That's about right for his job. I don't think he'll get greedy. He seems to like it here, and that can factor into price when it comes to re-signing (more likely to take a pay cut to stick around). And for $1 million I'd welcome him with open arms.

Edit: As for Coburn, pay cut please. I got no problem keeping him around for a good price, but 1 year max. Keep him on his toes, and hopefully he'll pick up the pace.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Coburn between 1.5-1.8 3-4 years deal is fair. I'd like to keep him. I think he will get better.

10% to Parent.

4 years .975 M per year to Carcillo.

Powe? 650K? That is if we need him at all. He is not 1st, 2nd and below average 3rd line player. 4th line? Sure. Why not?
Powe is one of the top 4 forwards in plus minus on this team (along with Carter, Betts, and Laperriere). Powe's skating and physicality lend themselves wonderfully to Laviolette's forechecking-heavy system. It would be a shame if he went anywhere.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
MsConduct11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
That's about right for his job. I don't think he'll get greedy. He seems to like it here, and that can factor into price when it comes to re-signing (more likely to take a pay cut to stick around). And for $1 million I'd welcome him with open arms.

Edit: As for Coburn, pay cut please. I got no problem keeping him around for a good price, but 1 year max. Keep him on his toes, and hopefully he'll pick up the pace.
I agree I think a 1 year contract would be the best for Coburn. I think it would force him to pick up his play a little bit. The guy has potential but it just seems he keeps taking steps backwards instead of forwards. Maybe a 1 year deal will give him a little bit more motivation to figure his play out.

MsConduct11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Powe is one of the top 4 forwards in plus minus on this team (along with Carter, Betts, and Laperriere). Powe's skating and physicality lend themselves wonderfully to Laviolette's forechecking-heavy system. It would be a shame if he went anywhere.
I agree with this. Powe has been very, very effective this year for his price tag. I think he's a flyer through and through.

Same deal as Betts IMO. 2.1 million over 3 years would be really nice.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:05 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Or - do we hold off on the Coburn talks till after July 1? See if perhaps we get a draft day deal with him.
A signed Coburn is more valuable IMO, and if he gets an offer sheet in the 2.5M range, I wouldn't match and all we would get would be a 2nd.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Terence Peterman

I'm not defending Coburn when I say this, but I think it's unfair to say he's worse than Chris Therien (the one I remember, anyway, and I'm relatively young on this board).

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Mgkibbles

Coburn isn't worth my ball cheese.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:47 AM
MCAKES

As someone mentioned before, he skates like ****in jesus H but really is a sloppy d man. get his ass outta here if he doesnt like 1.8

MCAKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
I care less about plus minus..

He is a hard working 4th line forward. No question about it. Never questioned that part of his game.

Do we have someone better? What about Kalinski on 4th line LW? Can a Phantom player (any phantom player) step up next year and claim a roster spot?

Question is can we do better on 4th line?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:59 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

One thing about Powe that annoys me is that he has hands of stone. Him, Hartnell, and Carcillo are probablly the worse puck controllers on this team.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:05 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post

No way Coburn gets a pay cut. His last deal was 1.3 million.

Old
03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
One thing about Powe that annoys me is that he has hands of stone. Him, Hartnell, and Carcillo are probablly the worse puck controllers on this team.
I don't think Carcillo is that bad.

Old
03-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:

He is a hard working 4th line forward. No question about it. Never questioned that part of his game.

Do we have someone better? What about Kalinski on 4th line LW? Can a Phantom player (any phantom player) step up next year and claim a roster spot?

Stefan Legein?

Old
03-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:

Answer is "probably not", expounded upon "probably not, at least in Laviolette's system". Kalinski's best asset is his skating, and he isn't as good a skater as Powe. He certainly isn't as strong a forechecker or as good along the boards. Matsumoto is an entirely different palyer who fills an entirely different role, ditto for Maroon and Laliberte.

Powe is a good fit, and a plus player on the fourth line. Sign him. Damn near every team in the play-offs has decent star players, having guys like Powe can be the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Stefan Legein?
You trying to roll four scoring lines?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:28 PM
HoverCarle*

Powe is fast, hits hard, and can kill penalties. Sounds like a good 4th liner to me (I am huge kalinski fan aswell, but you should make him earn it). And he can play C or W. He won't be asking for much money, he'll just be looking for a one-way deal, so his money is guaranteed. He is making 520k now, He will probably ask for 600k-650k (definitely less than Betts at 700k)

Old
03-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Powe is fast, hits hard, and can kill penalties. Sounds like a good 4th liner to me (I am huge kalinski fan aswell, but you should make him earn it). And he can play C or W. He won't be asking for much money, he'll just be looking for a one-way deal, so his money is guaranteed. He is making 520k now, He will probably ask for 600k-650k (definitely less than Betts at 700k)
At that price, keeping Powe is a no brainer.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
At that price, keeping Powe is a no brainer.
I don't see how Powe could viably ask for more than Betts, whichs is why I think Powe will be a Flyer next year

Old
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
mm6492

Can't wait for Homer to give Coburn 3.5M and Carcillo 2M

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote