HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009 Flyers Prospect Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2010, 01:58 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
This was from Darren Pang's Twitter:

Philly in Ft Wayne last night looking at goalie Cameron Talbot of Alabama Huntsville ?? They are in dire straights right now.

Holmgren must love UAH.
I havent been following the tourney, but supossidly he has done very well?

Old
03-28-2010, 02:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I havent been following the tourney, but supossidly he has done very well?
They only lost 2-1 to Miami. Hutton was the MVP of the CHA tourney, which only consists of winning 2 games.

They only won 11 games.

I know they're freaking out, but at least chill until after the weekend, and see what happens today.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-28-2010, 02:12 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
If we get Bobrovsky the I'm very happy with our goalie prospects. Backlund, Bobrovsky, Riopel, and Eriksson are all pretty good I think. I doubt Hutton ever ends up as anything, but he's looked good so far. I liked Morrison when we drafted him, but he hasn't impressed since.
I think we can also add Des Serres to the list because he seems to have come around this year. Not sure if the Flyers are going to sign him though.

Old
03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
This was from Darren Pang's Twitter:

Philly in Ft Wayne last night looking at goalie Cameron Talbot of Alabama Huntsville ?? They are in dire straights right now.

Holmgren must love UAH.
Braydon Coburn's brother plays for Alabama-Huntsville, too. And he lists Mike Richards as his favorite. And he had a goal disallowed in a recent game.

Old
03-28-2010, 06:44 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Braydon Coburn's brother plays for Alabama-Huntsville, too. And he lists Mike Richards as his favorite. And he had a goal disallowed in a recent game.
Is there anything you don't know?

Old
03-28-2010, 07:01 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Is there anything you don't know?
The winner of the Kentucky Derby. I'm waiting for GKJ to drop a clue.

Old
03-28-2010, 07:47 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
If we get Bobrovsky the I'm very happy with our goalie prospects. Backlund, Bobrovsky, Riopel, and Eriksson are all pretty good I think. I doubt Hutton ever ends up as anything, but he's looked good so far. I liked Morrison when we drafted him, but he hasn't impressed since.
Backlund is a UFA, he may or may not stick around. Can't call him a prospect at like 29 years old

Old
03-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think we can also add Des Serres to the list because he seems to have come around this year. Not sure if the Flyers are going to sign him though.
True, but it's hard to not consider the possibility of it just being a fluke season. Regardless though, I doubt he gets re-signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Backlund is a UFA, he may or may not stick around. Can't call him a prospect at like 29 years old
Forgot he was a UFA. I'm curious to see if he gets another shot.

He may be 29, but he's never really been given a shot at the NHL so in my mind he's still a prospect in the sense that we don't know if he'll ever be NHL material.

Old
03-29-2010, 07:18 AM
iceman42

Very interesting update on the Eriksson front.

Quote:
euroflyers

"I'll talk with my agent immediately when my season is over. Obviously NHL is my dream." - Eriksson. about 6 hours ago via web
Quote:
euroflyers

Rumors that moving to NA is a possibility for Joacim Eriksson already next season.

Old
03-29-2010, 08:56 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Also
Quote:
8 NHL teams in on Jussi Rynnäs. Flyers, Red Wings, Oilers and Stars have expressed their interest.

I am glad we are going for all these goalies... but these are alot of goalies lol.

We have 2 moving from Junior to pro in Riopel and Des Serres.

We are looking to go after Rynnas and Bobrovsky

Now Eriksson wants to come over.

I say leave Sunshine over for 1 more season to play in the top league, and see where we are from there.

Old
03-29-2010, 09:32 AM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Also

I am glad we are going for all these goalies... but these are alot of goalies lol.

We have 2 moving from Junior to pro in Riopel and Des Serres.

We are looking to go after Rynnas and Bobrovsky

Now Eriksson wants to come over.

I say leave Sunshine over for 1 more season to play in the top league, and see where we are from there.
the more the better I say. wasn't there a time when the Flyers had 2 or 3 former 1st round pick goaltenders who were the future and none of them even got as much as a cup of coffee with an NHL team.

To be honest I think they have soured on most of their current goaltending prospects outside of the few they acquired this year and Eriksson. Backlund might be leaving and Little only saw Rynnas playing in 1 1/2 games.

Even with the talk I dont see Eriksson coming over this year. Bobrovsky might be over Riopel and the rest of the goaltenders outside of Hutton and Backlund really didn't impress, and I mean Riopel in his AHL stint before being sent back to the Q.

Old
03-29-2010, 10:15 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post
the more the better I say. wasn't there a time when the Flyers had 2 or 3 former 1st round pick goaltenders who were the future and none of them even got as much as a cup of coffee with an NHL team.

To be honest I think they have soured on most of their current goaltending prospects outside of the few they acquired this year and Eriksson. Backlund might be leaving and Little only saw Rynnas playing in 1 1/2 games.

Even with the talk I dont see Eriksson coming over this year. Bobrovsky might be over Riopel and the rest of the goaltenders outside of Hutton and Backlund really didn't impress, and I mean Riopel in his AHL stint before being sent back to the Q.
I dont think we should cut Riopel down yet. I know he was sent back, but I remember reading somewhere that when Backlund was called up, Riopel was considered the youngest starting goaltender in the AHL. If he plays with the Phantoms next season, and sucks, maybe we can start worrying.

I do agree that we should just try to sign Bob (calling him Bob for now on since his name is hard to type) and Rynnas. Let them all fight it out in camp. If Erksson looks like he is the best one there, then you decide. I know its alittle early to bring over the 19 yr old, but... if he continues to dominate camp like he has been....I dont know really. Maybe its just best for him to play 1 more season in the top league and from there we can decide.

Personally, I think our best solution next season is to get a vet goalie, and get one of these kids to back him and learn.

Old
03-29-2010, 10:55 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

If we get Rynnas and Bobrovsky, I'd much rather leave Eriksson over there for a season. Honestly, I'd probably rather leave him over there regardless.

Old
03-29-2010, 10:55 AM
HoverCarle*

No way should Sunshine come over yet.

He hasn't even played in the SEL yet. Let him play the SEL before he comes to the AHL

Old
03-29-2010, 11:31 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post

Riopel didn't impress because he never really got a chance to. That idiot stick behind the bench in Adirondack has no clue how to develop players. He ruined Justin Pogge. When he was coach of the Marlies in Toronto, he was informed by Toronto management that the plan was to play Pogge often and that Scott Clemmenson was to be his backup and mentor. Idiot stick did the exact opposite of that. So, instead of being able to rebound and work his way through a slump, idiot stick would pull Pogge every chance he got and would put in Clemmenson. He also started Clemmenson ahead of Pogge every chance he got. The guy does not like young players or developing players, which is what a coaching job in the AHL is all about. I'm not even going to refer to idiot stick by his proper name because he is a giant bag of doosh that needs to be fired ASAP by this organization. He's already shown this year that he has mishandled the development of Bourdon, Marshall, Nodl, Maroon, Bodrov, Riopel, etc......Let him ruin young talent elsewhere.

Old
03-29-2010, 12:04 PM
iceman42

I'm not ready to throw out Riopel either and I understand about the goof ball behind the bench possibly attributing to the problems that some of them had. I hope he is replaced in the offseason. I am not sure what to think about the Phantoms season as a whole as there only seem to be a few who really didn't struggle.

I agree I think Sunshine should stay and move up the SEL and hope he will come over in another year or two. Bring over Bobrovsky keep Backlund and have a solid NHL experienced goaltender to help which ever wins the job.

Old
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
captainpaxil

i think you let hutton and riopel compete for ahl time and send the other down to the echl. you let sunshine try his hand over in the sel. i like bobrovski over rynnas but i wouldnt be surpised to see esche or leighton in that role.

that ahl starter is your b option if a long term injury occurs to your as yet to be determined nhl starter. im locking boosh into 20 or 30 games as the backup. hes under contract and hes a decent backup but not a starter. he can be a roadblock or he can be a dependable asset depending on how you view him but hes there.

another option is to ignore hutton and ripoel alltogether and give backlund a longer term deal. you give him the shot to adjust and be a veteran voice in a year or two when sunshine makes the switch giving him someone who both speaks his languagne and understands the position.

Old
03-29-2010, 02:32 PM
HoverCarle*

Backlund would not want to be in the AHL again next year I wouldn't say.

Buy-out Boucher, Get a number 1 goalie then our G tending should look like this:

Number 1
Backlund/Leighton/Someone

AHL:
Riopel
Bobrovsky/Rynnas
Hutton

Old
03-29-2010, 03:01 PM
IamSamIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMac View Post
Currently the Flyers are at 49 contracts.

Players who will be off the 50 contract list (ie players who contracts are up):

Likely to get a new contract: Braydon Coburn, Daniel Carcillo, Ryan Parent, Darroll Powe

Might get a new contract: Lukas Krajicek, Arron Asham, Michael Leighton, Johan Backlund, Jonathan Matsumoto, Danny Syvret, Ryan Dingle, Rob Bellamy, David Laliberte, Matt Clackson, Jared Ross, Josh Beaulieu

Most likely gone: Mike Rathje, Ray Emery, Michael Teslak, Sean Curry, Jeremy Duschene, Mika Pyrola, Jason Ward, Joey Mormina, Krys Kolonos

Players who will count against the limit starting next season: Eric Wellwood, Zac Rinaldo, Tyler Hostetter, Nikola Riopel , Shane Harper and Luke Pither
What about Logan Stephenson?

Old
03-29-2010, 03:37 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by todderamaa View Post
What about Logan Stephenson?
He has an AHL only deal

Old
03-29-2010, 07:53 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Volunteer needed to open a new thread. Change the title to 2010.

2010 Flyers Prospect Discussion Thread

Old
03-29-2010, 07:55 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I'll take care of it, I've got the prospect info copied.

Old
sa cyred
Offseason...

Billy has been doing it for awhile, so unless he wants someone else to do it, all him.

Old
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I'll take care of it, I've got the prospect info copied.
already got the thread. . . just toss it on in.

Closed Thread