HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Corey Locke recalled

Old
03-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Ahh, wow.

I can't believe I didn't see that.....
Now if we can just get Jonas Gustavsson in there we'd have the battle of the 'Locke Ness Monster'

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:00 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Now if we can just get Jonas Gustavsson in there we'd have the battle of the 'Locke Ness Monster'
haha! Awesome.

Also, I am about ready to start to see some long posts on the draft with those little propllers at the end.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
haha! Awesome.

Also, I am about ready to start to see some long posts on the draft with those little propllers at the end.
You won't be disappointed

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
this organization kills me. the good ol boys club is alive and well.

lets call up pap and now locke, guys that have

NO FUTURE in this organization. undersized, slow ahl lifers.

meanwhile, we let heikinen- a young guy with talent- threaten to split and we lose a solid prospect who could help right now and in the future.

and both weise and grachev languish in hartford with no late season call up.

clowns.
Weise and Grachev aren't languishing anywhere. They're both young and they're both developing in the AHL. Grachev in particular is struggling - he is far from languishing in the AHL and he's even further from being ready for the NHL. Locke has more points this season than both of those guys combined, this is not way a sign of some "good ol boys club," this is putting in the best players that you have available. I agree with you about Heikkinen though, he should have taken Redden's place months ago and now we're going to lose him.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Emptyvoid

My god the amount of complaining that goes around these parts is unbearable.

I'm glad that Locke is getting the call, he deserves it and hell let's see what he can do these final games.

Let grachev post at least a 50pt season in the AHL before we even think about NHL.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:10 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
this organization kills me. the good ol boys club is alive and well.

lets call up pap and now locke, guys that have

NO FUTURE in this organization. undersized, slow ahl lifers.

meanwhile, we let heikinen- a young guy with talent- threaten to split and we lose a solid prospect who could help right now and in the future.

and both weise and grachev languish in hartford with no late season call up.

clowns.

Wrong again.

These guys have been good soldiers for us in the minors and deserve a chance to show other teams what they can do. Both have done so WITHOUT complaining. This is Sather repaying their hard work in the minors by giving them a chance to impress either him or another GM.

Good on Glen for this. Both Locke and PA deserve it at this point in the season.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

Wrong again.

These guys have been good soldiers for us in the minors and deserve a chance to show other teams what they can do. Both have done so WITHOUT complaining. This is Sather repaying their hard work in the minors by giving them a chance to impress either him or another GM.

Good on Glen for this. Both Locke and PA deserve it at this point in the season.
Wouldn't you have rather see Byers? A guy who's game is kinda the same as Avery. A guy thats been in the system for what seems like forever now. I just don't understand this teams decision making on so many levels.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:01 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Wouldn't you have rather see Byers? A guy who's game is kinda the same as Avery. A guy thats been in the system for what seems like forever now. I just don't understand this teams decision making on so many levels.
Personally, I'd rather see someone I haven't seen before and I'd rather see someone who has been putting up points at a feverish pace in the AHL. I'm legitimately excited to see Locke play on the Rangers - I have such a hard time believing that someone can have so much success at the AHL level and not be ready for the NHL. From what Zipay has Torts saying, he's looking for a creative offensive player and Locke fits thats description better than Byers. I can't wait to see him play.

EDIT: Also, Prust is in the lineup and he plays similar style to Avery. I think we need actual goals a lot more than we need that small boost of edge that Byers might be able to provide.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:27 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Dubinsky - Christensen - Gaborik
Prospal - Locke - Drury
Voros - Jokinen - Parenteau
Shelley - Anisimov - Prust

Lisin

IMO I don't see Torts switching up the 3 lines he can keep in tact from last game.
if PAP and locke lit it up together in hartford, why aren't they put on the same line?

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2010/0...e-as-a-ranger/

He says he wasnt on a line with PAP in practice.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:31 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Grachev is NOT ready for the NHL.

THAT'S why he wasn't called up.

Maybe they feel Weise isn't ready yet either.

What the HELL are people *****ing about?

This team is going nowhere this season. Let the guy who played the best all season in Hartford get a few games in the NHL. BIG DEAL.

Worst case scenario is they lose more games and get a higher draft pick, which is what we want ANYWAY.

If Grachev were ready at any point this season, they would have called him up.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:32 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

Wrong again.

nope. in life bro, you deserve nothing. you get what you get and you deal with it. now were giving these guys a paid tryout ?? um....no.

i could care less about pap or corey locke. ive seen them before and dont care to see any more career ahl'ers like pap or undersized one dimensional guys like corey locke.

rather than pay these clowns back for having average or below average talent, i would prefer to see a guy who still has a chance to play for us and help out like dane byers, ev grachev or dale weise. never mind calling up heikkinen who got shafted by us all season.

with byers and weise, you've got two guys who are equally good soldiers who actually have a chance of playing for US rather than as you say, trying out for another organization.

i want to see out young guys with TALENT and a chance of being NY RANGERS not some marginal talent looking to hook up with another team.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Personally, I'd rather see someone I haven't seen before and I'd rather see someone who has been putting up points at a feverish pace in the AHL. I'm legitimately excited to see Locke play on the Rangers - I have such a hard time believing that someone can have so much success at the AHL level and not be ready for the NHL. From what Zipay has Torts saying, he's looking for a creative offensive player and Locke fits thats description better than Byers. I can't wait to see him play.

EDIT: Also, Prust is in the lineup and he plays similar style to Avery. I think we need actual goals a lot more than we need that small boost of edge that Byers might be able to provide.
Byers does have some offensive upside, just don't understand why we keep guys in the system who we have no intention of using when the time comes to use them.

Old
03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
rangers4ever2007

dubinsky-christensen-gaborik
prospal-jokinen-drury
shelley-anisimov-prust
voros-locke-parenteau
lisin

staal-rozsival
del zotto-girardi
eriksson-gilroy
redden

lundqvist

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:36 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Grachev is NOT ready for the NHL.

THAT'S why he wasn't called up.

Maybe they feel Weise isn't ready yet either.

What the HELL are people *****ing about?

This team is going nowhere this season. Let the guy who played the best all season in Hartford get a few games in the NHL. BIG DEAL.

Worst case scenario is they lose more games and get a higher draft pick, which is what we want ANYWAY.

If Grachev were ready at any point this season, they would have called him up.
not true.

were pretty much done. you bring up a few kids late season when the pressure is off and let them get a feel for the league. give them a taste of regular season hockey.

would any one of us be surprised if grachev score a few goals for us ?? i wouldnt.

why not let the fans take a look at what this kid can do. i dont buy for one minute you cannot call up grachev for a few games and take a look.

unless of course slats and torts still think were making the playoffs and that pap and corey locke give us the best chance to get there

Old
03-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Radek27

Quote:
nope. in life bro, you deserve nothing. you get what you get and you deal with it. now were giving these guys a paid tryout ?? um....no.

i could care less about pap or corey locke. ive seen them before and dont care to see any more career ahl'ers like pap or undersized one dimensional guys like corey locke.

rather than pay these clowns back for having average or below average talent, i would prefer to see a guy who still has a chance to play for us and help out like dane byers, ev grachev or dale weise. never mind calling up heikkinen who got shafted by us all season.

with byers and weise, you've got two guys who are equally good soldiers who actually have a chance of playing for US rather than as you say, trying out for another organization.

i want to see out young guys with TALENT and a chance of being NY RANGERS not some marginal talent looking to hook up with another team.
If Locke comes up and scores even at just under a pt per game till the end of the season what does it matter? Would anyone even be sold on that to give him a contract for next season? I agree with you, lets see what these kids who have been in the system have. I myself as a fan would feel better about seeing Byers do something for 8 games than Locke.

Old
03-29-2010, 05:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
not true.

were pretty much done. you bring up a few kids late season when the pressure is off and let them get a feel for the league. give them a taste of regular season hockey.

would any one of us be surprised if grachev score a few goals for us ?? i wouldnt.

why not let the fans take a look at what this kid can do. i dont buy for one minute you cannot call up grachev for a few games and take a look.

unless of course slats and torts still think were making the playoffs and that pap and corey locke give us the best chance to get there
Your last paragraph explains why your first paragraph isn't practical. For the players, coaches and management, there's still pressure and we're still in it. Whether or not it's a pipe dream or at all realistic is obviously debatable, but it seems pretty clear the organization hasn't thrown in the towel.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:55 PM
squishy

Quote:
I'm guessing that's because you haven't bothered to watch him play at all this season. The kid can't even score against lesser talent in a slower league.

I can't stand Sather and I think Torts is a chump. But anyone who's bothered to watch Grachev play this season can tell you he's not in any way, shape or form ready to play in the NHL.

Why is this so hard for people to grasp?!

You don't develop players by throwing them into situations that are over their heads.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:44 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I'm guessing that's because you haven't bothered to watch him play at all this season. The kid can't even score against lesser talent in a slower league.

I can't stand Sather and I think Torts is a chump. But anyone who's bothered to watch Grachev play this season can tell you he's not in any way, shape or form ready to play in the NHL.

You don't develop players by throwing them into situations that are over their heads.
yeah well ive only seen him play twice in person this year and he did not stand out. in fact, he looked a little disinterested but then again, that team is a mess and a young player whos always had success isnt used to that kinda of failure.

im not implying that grachev would light it up at all, im only asking a simple question.

would the organization and its fans for that matter, be better served having ev grachev, dane byers and dale weise dress the games that pap, aaron voros and corey locke are dressing ?

thats all.

Old
03-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post

I don't disagree with you but I don't see the harm in playing Grachev the last 3 games of the year. I think if you explain to him that the callup isn't a reward as much as learning experiance it could benefit Grachev. The Rangers could explain to Grachev that "THIS" is the speed of an NHL game and it's what he needs to train for this offseason. I don't really see the harm in that, it isn't like the 8 minutes a game he would get would hurt his development. Maybe I'm wrong...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Fletch

what message do you send to players in the organization, the AHL and elsewhere, if you promote a guy that has done nothing to deserve the promotion and still may be a couple years away from being ready to take a regular NHL shift? To me that says that certain players have a sense of entitlement and don't need to earn their way, which is exactly the type of culture this team needs to not nurture.

I think the issue with many here is that we aren't patient. We don't get to watch many of these kids on a regular basis and are sick of the current product on ice and are dying to judge for ourselves what they can and can't do. I don't trust the Rangers brass to get it right, but it appears to me that there's no reason to bring up a guy like Grachev, except perhaps to hurt his ego or have the fans say what the ---- when he looks very out of place. Patience. Let him show he no longer belongs in HFD.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Fletch

SoS...

shouldn't he first get used to the speed of the AHL game? Sounds as if he's got that one step to take before he really sees how much work is needed to do. My opinion is you take things one step at a time. Some people can take bigger steps than others while some take longer to adapt or learn. Personally, given the production he had last season and the talk about him, I'm a bit disappointed in his production this season. I think the expectation was a bit higher. All's not lost, but I think it's best to finish out the season where he is and come to camp fighting and take it from there.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
NYRSchrute217

Why not Weise?

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:08 AM
h0ckeyman

Well, Corey looked undersized, weak with no explosiveness or top speed to rave about. Pretty much makes sense why he is an AHL lifer.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 03:08 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Well, Corey looked undersized, weak with no explosiveness or top speed to rave about. Pretty much makes sense why he is an AHL lifer.
Six and a half minutes in his second career NHL game. Just a little perspective, there.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote