HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Bernier Recalled / Ersberg out with sore back

Old
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

vCash: 500
It sucks for Ersberg that he got hurt, but even if he wasn't hurt its not like Murray would have played him anyway.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
How long can a player stay on the roster as an emergency call up? Wouldn't Ersberg have to go on IR? Probably a goalie loophole, since you have to have 2 dressed.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I don't know about the rest of yous but I don't believe for a sec that EE is injured.

But that's just me.
EXACTLY what my first thought was!!! EE hurt his back? Uh huh, and I bet it lingers through the playoffs...

Regardless of whether or not EE is injured, I like the move. Quick/Bernier the rest of the year.

Options my friends, we got 'em.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:33 PM
SFKingshomer

I don't mind the move if Quick's confidence isn't hindered from bringing in "the future"

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:36 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
EXACTLY what my first thought was!!! EE hurt his back? Uh huh, and I bet it lingers through the playoffs...

Regardless of whether or not EE is injured, I like the move. Quick/Bernier the rest of the year.

Options my friends, we got 'em.
Bernier will start for Manchester in the playoffs....

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:52 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Great, what a vote of no confidence in either of our goaltenders.
Doh! Talking about jumping the gun their big guy!

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:54 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
Doh! Talking about jumping the gun their big guy!
Well.... that was before I heard about the 'injury' to EE.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:05 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

The more Bernier plays this season and proves himself, the more likely a Quick for Versteeg and Sharp trade can go down at the draft.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:06 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
The more Bernier plays this season and proves himself, the more likely a Quick for Versteeg and Sharp trade can go down at the draft.
Quick won't be traded based on a handful of games by Bernier.

Old
03-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
I can't wait to see some of you guys eat your words. The problem with Ersberg is that he is not even close to being as good as Bernier. The problem with Quick is.. Bernier is just better.

I hope he starts tonight. Watch and find out.
He will be in goal tomorrow against the Preds.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
He will be in goal tomorrow against the Preds.
Watch him win the game. The Quick haters will have more reason to think Bernier is the 'future'.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:23 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I don't understand how Quick can even have 'haters'.

Old
03-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Brodie562

not a Quick hater just know that Bernier is the future dispite how much TM starts Quick.

EE should have seen a lot more then 9 games this year! he is a good back up and he gave TM no reason not to trust him.

Hope our next coach handles goaltenders a lot better then TM has shown in his years as the Kings coach

Brodie562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:31 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 2200
Quote:
There aren't many but the few are very vocal apparently.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Really? I read it everyday. Quick sucks., bring up Bernier some more crap. blah blah blah.

Old
03-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie562 View Post
not a Quick hater just know that Bernier is the future dispite how much TM starts Quick.
That's what pisses me off the most. Quick isn't some backstop until Bernier is ready. It's ridiculous to say that. It would only make sense if some odd reason Quick stops his play and that's fine with me. I want the better player on the Kings. But, if their both playing their best either one can be traded. And to say Bernier is going to be better just makes it more pointless. He might SUPPOSE to be. But, I don't care where they were ranked in their draft. The better player deserves to be on the team and that's Quick.

Old
03-29-2010, 05:41 PM
josra33

They should just buy Ersberg a cushioned seat to sit on the bench with. Might fix his back problems. God knows its not the amount of PT hes getting.

josra33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:43 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Really? I read it everyday. Quick sucks., bring up Bernier some more crap. blah blah blah.
I read it too. I know they exist, I know who they are. I just don't understand how anyone can hate on Quick. Hope for Bernier to be better in the end, sure. Believe it, fine. But to put down Quick who has done so much for this team, more than any goal in far too long a time, is mind boggling.

Old
03-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Shellz

Quote:
I read it too. I know they exist, I know who they are. I just don't understand how anyone can hate on Quick. Hope for Bernier to be better in the end, sure. Believe it, fine. But to put down Quick who has done so much for this team, more than any goal in far too long a time, is mind boggling.
Exactly. The last player you should be hating is Quick. Yeah, he has his bad games, like any other player and Bernier will to once/if he makes it to the NHL. It just pisses me off the the most. That's why I'm such a Quick lover.

Old
03-29-2010, 05:48 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Exactly. The last player you should be hating is Quick. Yeah, he has his bad games, like any other player and Bernier will to once/if he makes it to the NHL. It just pisses me off the the most. That's why I'm such a Quick lover.
You love out of spite?

Interesting...

I'll leave the jokes to your imagination

Old
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Brodie562

Quote:
That's what pisses me off the most. Quick isn't some backstop until Bernier is ready. It's ridiculous to say that. It would only make sense if some odd reason Quick stops his play and that's fine with me. I want the better player on the Kings. But, if their both playing their best either one can be traded. And to say Bernier is going to be better just makes it more pointless. He might SUPPOSE to be. But, I don't care where they were ranked in their draft. The better player deserves to be on the team and that's Quick.

Why is it ridiculous to say? I like Bernier's rebound control a lot more then i do Quick's. I like Bernier's handling of the puck way more then i do Quick's. i dont care about where they were drafted, i as a fan feel more comfortable with Bernier in net. this is from watching games both on Tv, live and attending prospect camps. im not saying it only because he was a 1st round pick.

What do you mean by "stops his play"? and im sorry if they both play their best i feel Bernier is a better player. you may think Quick is the better player but could that be due to TM playing him non-stop in front of a decent team on a Olympic year where you also got to see him selected to the US team?

Old
03-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Shellz

Quote:
You love out of spite?

Interesting...

I'll leave the jokes to your imagination
Hahaha. I knew I should of corrected myself.

Old
03-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Brodie562

Quote:
this i'll agree with, i'll never hate on Quick but i do have to say that that bar (kings goaltending) was set pretty low to begin with. with his workload and team in front of him i dont find his accomplishments this season that mind boggling. i'm happy with them but im not gonna kid myself.

Old
03-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie562 View Post
Why is it ridiculous to say? I like Bernier's rebound control a lot more then i do Quick's. I like Bernier's handling of the puck way more then i do Quick's. i dont care about where they were drafted, i as a fan feel more comfortable with Bernier in net. this is from watching games both on Tv, live and attending prospect camps. im not saying it only because he was a 1st round pick.
Bernier has played one game this season. It was a good game but the defense also really helped him out and most of the stops he made were wide. He did have a couple key saves aswell. But, if he has a bad game against Nashville does that mean he won't be good?

Quote:
do you mean by "stops his play"? and im sorry if they both play their best i feel Bernier is a better player. you may think Quick is the better player but could that be due to TM playing him non-stop in front of a decent team on a Olympic year where you also got to see him selected to the US team?
Again, he played ONE game. He's going to need to play a lot more to prove himself. I'm not hating on Bernier but some of you are giving him too much damn love. Him and Quick will battle it out and the better player will get it. I have no idea who that is, and I don't really care.

IMO, it's Quicks job to lose. He did get the team this far.

Old
03-29-2010, 06:10 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Watch him win the game. The Quick haters will have more reason to think Bernier is the 'future'.
Not sure if there are too many Quick haters, to be honest. Can't we like all of our goalies? Why does it have to be split? I for one, like Quick, but as you can tell by my screen name, I'm a big Bernier fan. That doesn't mean I don't want to see Quick succeed. I hope they both play well and can be successful with the Kings for a long time together. For all the people you call "Quick haters", it seems you're always fast to jump on the "poor Quick, stupid Bernier" wagon. There are a few who dis-like Quick, but every player has their haters. Even you have to admit, the team isn't playing well right now, and Quick is a big part of that, along with the defense. Quick has given up goals since the Olympics that every NHL goalie should be able to stop with their eyes closed.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote