HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues acquire Pascal Pelletier

Old
12-08-2009, 11:44 AM
The Grouch
Enraged

vCash: 500
Blues acquire Pascal Pelletier

For Brendan Bell and Tomas Kana...

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=509091

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Blueshockey2*

The legacy of Tomas Kana is done !

Blueshockey2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

What's the story on Pelletier?

It's a sad day for Blues hockey when the Tomas Kana era comes to an end.

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
For Brendan Bell and Tomas Kana...

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=509091
He was originally undrafted, and hasn't played many NHL games for a 26 year old. Seems like only an depth organisational depth move, and cutting bait with Kana and Bell.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 11:57 AM
mmitchell19

Well, there's one log cleared from the organizational defensive logjam. Safe to say that Bell's brief tenure with the Blues was a bit disappointing. I expected that he'd at least get a sniff of the NHL ice at some point.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Blueshockey2*

I'm wondering if the Blues are filling a gap in Peoria at the foward position and they will call up Lars Eller and release Winchester?

Old
12-08-2009, 12:13 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshockey2 View Post
I'm wondering if the Blues are filling a gap in Peoria at the foward position and they will call up Lars Eller and release Winchester?
*Fingers crossed*

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Blueshockey2*

Listening to the Bernie Mikalasz show here in STL on 101ESPN, he was talking Blues hockey a little while ago and made the statement that management is "Starting to take note that the team needs a pure goal scorer"

Take it fwiw

Old
12-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshockey2 View Post
Doubtful. If they wanted to do this, they would simply send down Winchester or bring up someone from Alaska.

I think it is just getting Peoria a solid AHL scorer. Kana was a bust and Bell was never going to get a sniff of the NHL before Strachan or Junland.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
He was originally undrafted, and hasn't played many NHL games for a 26 year old. Seems like only an depth organisational depth move, and cutting bait with Kana and Bell.
Glad Kana is gone. But I'm disappointed with Bell too. At the beginning of the summer I was hoping The Blues would sign and lo and behold they did. I take it back now.

Bell had a great opportunity, but could not focus in training camp and his time in Peoria has been up and down. When I saw him play he skated like the wind and was very involved offensively, but relied too much on forwards/teammates who were also defensively irresponsible. So they all got big minus numbers.
Bell was very tentative at his own blue line and looked down at the puck too much. Really good offensive player and not god enough on defense. That spells doom for a d-man. He might wind up being a better version of Jamie Rivers.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
concept*

I think we ****ed Bell over, and for that I'm happy that he gets to go to another team where he hopefully will, you know, actually play in the NHL. How a guy goes from 20+ points in the NHL to playing in the AHL, having guys like Weaver and a box-sitting Pietrangelo above you, is beyond me. We never gave the guy his due chance.

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by concept View Post
I think we ****ed Bell over, and for that I'm happy that he gets to go to another team where he hopefully will, you know, actually play in the NHL. How a guy goes from 20+ points in the NHL to playing in the AHL, having guys like Weaver and a box-sitting Pietrangelo above you, is beyond me. We never gave the guy his due chance.
I totally agree with this. Had bell known we would be signing Sydor I don't think he would have signed with St. Louis.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:42 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
I totally agree with this. Had bell known we would be signing Sydor I don't think he would have signed with St. Louis.
I think The Blues would have released Sydor if Bell outplayed him in training camp.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
I think The Blues would have released Sydor if Bell outplayed him in training camp.
I want to believe this, but I think Sydor's intangible (yet real) advantages of experience and what he could teach the young players was going to allow him to stick unless he was abysmal.

I doubt the Blues would have signed Bell at all if they'd already gotten Sydor. Still, it wasn't intentional duplicity. Its just how things worked out. I can't fault the Blues for having too much depth. I think this trade indicates that Junland has moved past Bell, and the Blues are committed to developing Junland...so Bell won't be getting a call up this season at all barring a rash of injuries.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by concept View Post
Because he just isnt very good. Ask Sens fans, he is a 7th defenseman/AHL player. He knew the deal, he was on a two way contract, and we had a crowded group of defensemen. He had his shot in camp. If the front office thought he would be better than Pietrangelo, then he would be sitting on the press box on most nights.

And you would rather have him than Weaver? Weaver has been nothing but solid for us this year. Hes definitely better than an average offensive defenseman with holes in his defensive game.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 12:18 AM
JacketsFanWest

How's Pelletier working out?

Tomas Kana has 5 goals and 1 assist in 9 games for the Syracuse Crunch. He's really helped to turn the team around.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 11:21 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post

Tomas Kana has 5 goals and 1 assist in 9 games for the Syracuse Crunch. He's really helped to turn the team around.
who?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=54987

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Randall Ritchey
The Fourth Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post

Kana has FIVE goals!?!?!?

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 02:41 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Good for Kana. He'll probably turn into an NHL all-star now. (OK, maybe not.)

I'm glad the guy got a fresh start somewhere. Seems he's really taking his opportunity by the throat.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Robb_K

Kana will probably end up as a 18-25 goal 30 assist 2-way 3rd line player (with a couple years at his peak on a 2nd line). Then Blues' fans will complain that The Blues let another good player get away.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Randall Ritchey
The Fourth Period

Don't look now. Through 28 games, Kana has 19 points. 11 goals, 8 assists. Bell has 16 points through 28 games, 4 goals, 12 assists.

Meanwhile, Pelletier has 6 goals, 13 assists for 19 points in 28 games.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 12:16 PM
BlueBeard

Pelletier has been a nice addition to the forward group of the Rivermen. He's a good step up skill wise above the career AHL'ers or more 4th line NHL types. When he's on the ice it's quite likely he's highly involved in having the ice tilted towards the other team's zone. If we had a quality sniper prospect in the AHL with him and/or Eller they could have a much more potent offense.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:06 PM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
For those interested, the Jackets called up Kana with injuries to Boll and Clark. He'll probably be up for the remainder of the season. Best of luck to Tomas.

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:47 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Axis View Post
For those interested, the Jackets called up Kana with injuries to Boll and Clark. He'll probably be up for the remainder of the season. Best of luck to Tomas.
This is hilarious!! I refuse to begrudge the guy, but we Blues fans have seen how management treats their young European prospects. Too often we've seen the likes of Lemtyugov and Kana and others remain in the minors because they haven't "earned" the right to be with St. Louis. Whether this policy is right or wrong, or even accurate for that matter, is not so much the issue, but that certain players need unique types of reinforcement and that Blues' coaches and bosses sometimes fail in their asset management.

I hope Kana tears it up in Columbus!! That "lazy bum".