HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coburn contract talks

Old
03-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Scoopyten

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I don't see how Powe could viably ask for more than Betts, whichs is why I think Powe will be a Flyer next year
Me either. But we know that sometimes agents can distract Homer and make him do silly, silly things.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I don't mind Coburn at 2 million, the longer the deal, the better. He hasn't played at that level consistently this year, but he has the ability to play above it, and from what I can tell the willingness to work on his game. So if they could get 4 years at 2 million, do it for sure. Contract could be a bargain in the last couple years if he gets it all together.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:10 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Powe is one of the top 4 forwards in plus minus on this team (along with Carter, Betts, and Laperriere). Powe's skating and physicality lend themselves wonderfully to Laviolette's forechecking-heavy system. It would be a shame if he went anywhere.
Yeah, good plumbers are hard to find.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:26 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I'm curious to ask all of you this, who has been better for the Flyers this season (choose 2, and yes I do realize that some only played part of the season with the Flyers): Coburn, Parent, Krajicek and/or Syvret. I didn't add Bart because he is already signed to the Flyers, so the Flyers have 4 d-men as is right now. To be honest, if I had it my way, I'd try to re-sign Krajicek and Syvret. Coburn is a smooth skater, but otherwise, ehhhh... and Parent has been really iffy of late in his own zone.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:34 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Coburn
Parent
Kriajcek

Syvret

Would be my order of priorities. Coburn and Parent are having rough years (stupidity and injuries respectively) but there is no need to just "not sign" them. You either re-sign them, or trade them for value. Don't just let them walk.

Kraijcek has been good, but it is a short amount of games. His defensive game is still weak, but I think he is a good fit here with this system and would keep him around, if his contract demands are reasonable

Syvret will probably go to Europe if no NHL will give him a roster spot, he almost went last year

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:36 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Coburn
Parent
Kriajcek

Syvret

Would be my order of priorities. Coburn and Parent are having rough years (stupidity and injuries respectively) but there is no need to just "not sign" them. You either re-sign them, or trade them for value. Don't just let them walk.

Kraijcek has been good, but it is a short amount of games. His defensive game is still weak, but I think he is a good fit here with this system and would keep him around, if his contract demands are reasonable
Do you think the stupidity has come from the downfalls of the team and also a coaching change? Do you think they will have their heads straightened on next season?

Old
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Do you think the stupidity has come from the downfalls of the team and also a coaching change? Do you think they will have their heads straightened on next season?
I meant that Coburn was stupid, and Parent had injuries.

I am not ready to just give up on Coburn, when we all saw how good he can play in 07-08. He just needs to get his head on a bit straighter and buckle down. I would like to see him get some time with Pronger.

parent's season was derailed by multiple injuries, which while hindering his play, keeps his price low for another couple of years. No need to trade him when he won't cost us much on the cap, and could come in and be a 2nd pairing d man

Old
03-29-2010, 06:41 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
I meant that Coburn was stupid, and Parent had injuries.

I am not ready to just give up on Coburn, when we all saw how good he can play in 07-08. He just needs to get his head on a bit straighter and buckle down. I would like to see him get some time with Pronger.

parent's season was derailed by multiple injuries, which while hindering his play, keeps his price low for another couple of years. No need to trade him when he won't cost us much on the cap, and could come in and be a 2nd pairing d man
So do you think Krajicek will walk and Syvret will get a 2 year 2-way contract deal? Something along those lines? I just think that neither Coburn or Parent should get too much. 1.4 million at most for each. They should only get more if they play better than they are and less of a risk for injury.

Old
03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
So do you think Krajicek will walk and Syvret will get a 2 year 2-way contract deal? Something along those lines? I just think that neither Coburn or Parent should get too much. 1.4 million at most for each. They should only get more if they play better than they are and less of a risk for injury.
What I would do:

Give Coburn 3 years at around 2 million-2.25 million
Give Parent 2 years at 1 million
Give Kraijcek 2 years at 1.25 million

Syvret won't play in the AHL next year I wouldnt say, so Let him walk or maybe keep him as 7th D man for cheap

Old
03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
I'm curious to ask all of you this, who has been better for the Flyers this season (choose 2, and yes I do realize that some only played part of the season with the Flyers): Coburn, Parent, Krajicek and/or Syvret. I didn't add Bart because he is already signed to the Flyers, so the Flyers have 4 d-men as is right now. To be honest, if I had it my way, I'd try to re-sign Krajicek and Syvret. Coburn is a smooth skater, but otherwise, ehhhh... and Parent has been really iffy of late in his own zone.
It's odd that you included Syvret in there since he only has like two games played under Laviolette (and he did well in both of them).

In terms of who I want to be signed, I'd like them in this order:

Coburn
Syvret
Krajicek/Parent

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
What I would do:

Syvret won't play in the AHL next year I wouldnt say, so Let him walk
Why do you say that? If that's true, then yeah, let him walk. I don't know why he would be opposed to being given a chance next year and then, assuming it doesn't work out for him, then playing in the AHL the rest of the year.

Old
03-29-2010, 06:53 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Why do you say that? If that's true, then yeah, let him walk. I don't know why he would be opposed to being given a chance next year and then, assuming it doesn't work out for him, then playing in the AHL the rest of the year.
Well if you remember this offseason, he was pretty much our last RFA to re-sign, I found this weird at first

Then later on I read an article where he said he was contemplating going to europe, but he saw he might have a chance to make the Flyers out of camp(which he did at first).

I think he is sick of playing in the AHL, and unless he gets a definite roster spot somewhere in the NHL I could see him going to Europe

Old
03-29-2010, 06:59 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
That was pretty much the deal this year and it didn't work out...

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 07:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I think his play excelled when Laviolette got a hold of him, but he would have to be convinced there is a spot on the team for him. And I'm not convinced there wouldn't be a spot for him.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 07:11 PM
HoverCarle*

We could maybe offer him 7th d ma spot

Old
03-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Mr Oysterhead

I wonder how we'd be talking about Coburn/Carle right now if Braydon had been paired with Pronger all year rather than Matty

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
I wonder how we'd be talking about Coburn/Carle right now if Braydon had been paired with Pronger all year rather than Matty
Honestly, I would love to move Carle this off season and keep everyone else on D. Carle's value is at it's peak right now, and getting rid of his contract would help us

Old
03-29-2010, 07:45 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Honestly, I would love to move Carle this off season and keep everyone else on D. Carle's value is at it's peak right now, and getting rid of his contract would help us
I don't disagree, i really like Carle and if you plan on keeping him with Pronger you cannot really go wrong with keeping him here though because he WILL help make the D better and provide O moreso than everyone else except Pronger, but if the price is right and his cap space goes towards a good goalie then I'm fine with that.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 07:46 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
We'd still be talking about how much of a head case Coburn is. You just can't fix stupid......

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 07:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Coburn would look much better and Carle would be getting his due criticism

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 08:50 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
What I would do:

Syvret won't play in the AHL next year I wouldnt say, so Let him walk or maybe keep him as 7th D man for cheap
You got to remember, with Pronger, Timonen, Carle and Oskars all for the Flyers next season, all 3 of them will be 7 d-men in all. So with Syvret, I don't think we can deal with an 8th d-man. Even though I'd love to see him bloom with the Flyers, and him being a offensive d-man could help in some respects, and man he has a cannon for his size.

Old
03-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Well if you remember this offseason, he was pretty much our last RFA to re-sign, I found this weird at first

Then later on I read an article where he said he was contemplating going to europe, but he saw he might have a chance to make the Flyers out of camp(which he did at first).

I think he is sick of playing in the AHL, and unless he gets a definite roster spot somewhere in the NHL I could see him going to Europe
I think he would be willing to take, at the very least, a 7th d-man spot assuming he gets given a chance to prove himself throughout the course of the year. It's not like he would cost much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I think his play excelled when Laviolette got a hold of him, but he would have to be convinced there is a spot on the team for him. And I'm not convinced there wouldn't be a spot for him.
I agree totally. I think Syvret got a little too much criticism from some people. I didn't think he was as bad as others thought while he played for Stevens and I think he was terrific under Laviolete. I think his style of play (the way he loves to pinch in) really fits well with the team's system. Ideally we replace Carle with him. Frankly, I don't think his offensive production would be that far off from Carle's. At least at even strength. It would be at a much cheaper cost as well.

Quote:
Like I said before, I agree. Carle is the most expendable and the least important to the team out of all our d-men. His contract also isn't bad enough to the point where it's unmovable.

Sadly though, I don't think Holmgren will deal Carle.

Old
03-29-2010, 10:08 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Carle for a 1st rounder and maybe someone else?

So maybe like this if Carle is traded and Syvret is on the team:

Pronger-Syvret
Timonen-Krajicek
Coburn-Parent
Barts

Somethine like that. I think that Syvret can learn a LOT from Pronger.

Old
03-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
That's kind of what I was getting at. 3.5 mil (or whatever it is) is a lot to pay for a rather fungible defenseman. I'd love to see us sign Coburn for a couple years around 1.5-2.5 mil and then move Carle. Could be a good way to save 1-2 mil against the cap, no? I won't be crying if it turns out differently and Coburn ends up with a different team though.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:35 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
I don't see how Powe could viably ask for more than Betts, whichs is why I think Powe will be a Flyer next year
I would love to have him back. He never quits on the play (or game). And, hopefully, with good guidance from Lavi will improve his skills. He easily replaces Asham.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote