HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Wild - 3/29/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
03-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
You need to become a Sponsor, I do believe.
Or a mod

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Or a mod
I know. I just didn't want to tell him. NOT a good idea.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:03 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
As long as Murray keeps the Richie line together and takes Halpern off the top line, ill give him the benefit of the doubt that he somewhat knows what he is doing
Parse will be back in the press box before you know it.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
Jarret Stoll, Peter Harrold, Sean O'Donnell, Jeff Halpern

In the words of Dave Chappelle (sorta)... GET THESE USELESS MOTHER****ERS THE **** OFF MY TEAM!
And call up who? Who replaces Stoll? Harrold to be replaced by Jones?????? O'Donnell by Drewiske???

Although Halpern for Clune I would like

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
make me a mod! doooo it! come on, dont think, just doooo it.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Meh. I would vote against putting in a rookie goaltender 7 games before the season's end and handing him the keys to the Winnebago... Or Failabago if you prefer. Quick is the number one right now. He needs to finish this season. Bernier really should finish his Manchester season. Personally, I don't think Bernier is going to turn us around very much. It may add a spark, but there is no telling how effective that spark will be. I doubt they will go on an offensive tear just because Bernier is backstopping the team.
Remember, Quick was handed the keys to this bus without any competition in camp...management and coaches said Quick was the starter due to the fact he played some NHL games last season. It wasn't about who is the best goalie, rather it was who is the most experienced to handle the load.

I am simply advocating starting the best players...I do think Bernier is better than Quick.

(Cue the experience card)

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
For the record, Terry Murray wasn't the one standing with a stick one the side of a wide open net, twice, during the 5 on 3.

This team needs finish.
the best part of that whole moment was when they came back from the commercial break and Fox pulled the cord on his little I hate Alexander Frolov edition of the Farmer Says... AGAIN!

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Good point.

Old
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Sweet. The Rock is on.
One of the all time greats.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Not make them at all, because at least then Lombardi will have grounds to fire Murray and make some serious shakeups over the offseason.

However, if they really do miss the playoffs, AEG will probably clean house all over again and we'll be right back to 05/06.
I agree but it would be kind of fun to see Terry Murray's ridiculous "everything is fine" when we're down 3-0 to some team in the 1st round.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Parse will be back in the press box before you know it.
THe times Parse got scratched before they were deserved, he let his game slip. He looked good tonight, but Parse can be Scott Parse and Mr. Hyde sometimes.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Leafs fan here.

I watch about one Kings game a week. They have become my second favorite team. The one thing that is evident each time I watch the Kings play is ------

A.) Sean O' Donnell is no longer capable of playing in the NHL. I'm sure he's a positive influence in the dressing room but hes a liability on the ice. He frequently fumbles/bobbles/caughs up the puck. He consistanly gets burned with opposing speed and makes some eye opening defensive blunders. There was a sequence in the third period tonight where he had the puck over by the boards in the defensive zone. He tried about 2-3 times to hack it out (was a very routine play) and wasnt able to get it out on any of the attempts, and the Wilds stripped him of the puck and got a good chance on Quik. Good team guy but really he shouldnt be seeing anywhere near the icetime he does.

B.) Your team has too many defensive only defencemen. Greene, Scudari, O Donnell is too many. Its one thing to have 3 guys who are good in there own zone that can also skate and move the puck but really none of those 3 can do those things. You guys would look so much better with a big minute eater thats a elite puckmover, especially to have out there numerous times with Doughty. Kaberle would be a good fit for your team. I just think you have too much grit/plodding defencemen and really need another guy whos very good at moving the puck.

Stoll didnt have a good game tonight. He was shooting it WAY too much on the 5 on 3. He also missed the net on a bunch of shots tonight and made some questionable defensive plays imo.
Sir

You are the smartest Leaf fan I have ever met. You are right, O'Donnell is crap the last half year, Stoll is regressing faster then my Mr Smiley when I jump in a cold lake, and I would love Kabrle.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Good point.
hater.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Thanks for coming over. Next time, I promise the beers will be colder. Your observations are right on. Now, to the more important topic, Leafs and Kings? A little masochistic no?
My one buddy played in Manchester and a few games with the Kings (Matt Ryan). So I started watching a few games back then and have followed them quite a bit over the last 2 seasons. I like the approach your team took the past few years in team building and really wish the Leafs would have taken a similar approach to rebuilding as the Kings did. I really like the makeup of your team. You have great depth on forward, a very solid goalie and lots of promising prospects. I think your team is one move away from possibly being elite next season. I'm not the biggest Kaberle fan but I think he would fit well on the current Kings team.

weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24frolov View Post
Remember, Quick was handed the keys to this bus without any competition in camp...management and coaches said Quick was the starter due to the fact he played some NHL games last season. It wasn't about who is the best goalie, rather it was who is the most experienced to handle the load.

I am simply advocating starting the best players...I do think Bernier is better than Quick.

ROFL! DOES ANYONE PUT FATIGUE INTO DAMN CONSIDERATION?? THE YOUNG QUICK HAS PLAYED 65-75 GAMES!!!!

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:06 AM
KingsFan7824

This could quickly become worse than the end of the 03-04 season. Very, very quickly.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24frolov View Post

Bernier is better, but I would argue against him being more experienced. Quick's name is now on a few franchise records. Regardless if they are team accomplishments or not, he still has had a tremendous NHL season under his belt.

Old
03-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Reaper45

Let OD retire. Let Frolov walk. Trade Drewiske and Johnson.

Old
03-30-2010, 12:07 AM
SLang

There's nothing wrong with Stoll that using him correctly wouldn't fix.....like faceoffs and even strength play only. This using him to QB the PP has got to stop.

And the 5-on-3's.....you have to use them to create havoc and bang in rebounds....just passing it around the perimeter while the opposition stands around watching ain't cutting it. Why's it so hard?

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Reaper45

Bring back Brad Chartrand. At least The Fury had heart.

Old
03-30-2010, 12:09 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
ROFL! DOES ANYONE PUT FATIGUE INTO DAMN CONSIDERATION?? THE YOUNG QUICK HAS PLAYED 65-75 GAMES!!!!
Apparently it wasn't a consideration, or a concern at the trade deadline. I advocated calling up Bernier or trading for a legit backup to spell Quick.

And gee whiz... The one time Bernier did start...we actually won a game.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

All aboard!!!!

Well, it wouldn't be the Kings if they didn't try their hardest to fail at the end of the season.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
cneil99

Seriously guys all we have to do is make it, anything can happen after that. Take a look, the flames next 4 games are as follows: Coyotes, Avs, Hawks and Sharks, followed by Wild and Canucks. The flames need right now 3 wins to pass us, do u see 3 wins in there? I sure don't. If the kings beat the predators tomorrow then people will lighten up a bit.

cneil99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Let OD retire. Let Frolov walk. Trade Drewiske and Johnson.
Agreed with everything except that. Depends on the replacement. If we are talking Kovalchuk, then see ya. But if we are talking about picking up some aging guy or throwing some rookie there and praying our offensive numbers rebound, then I disagree.

Old
03-30-2010, 12:10 AM
MxK1NGS

Remaining Flames Games:

Coyotes / Flames
Flames / Avalanche
Flames / Blackhawks
Sharks / Flames
Wild / Flames
Flames / Canucks