HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Eye sight involving hockey players.....

Old
03-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500

I wear glasses myself and had no problem using my previous pair while playing hockey.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 09:47 PM
DevsFan84

In my experience, CCM cages are very good for glasses. I've sold several for this exact purpose. They tend to have a rounder profile which helps. I think you can use the anti-fog stuff they use on shields on your glasses to prevent fogging.

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Pog Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog Form View Post
I always play with contacts now. Have you ever tried it? I'm not familar with soft vs. rigid lenses, but I know that mine are soft. I can play fine without them, but my depth perception improves so greatly with them on that I can't imagine playing without them.
Funny timing on this. I was running late tonight and had to rush to put my contacts in. I got them in just in time, but my one eye was bothering me the whole ride to the rink, so when I got in the dressing room, I went to check it out. I didn't see the lense on my eye, so I figured that it fell out or something, so I took the other lense out too.

My eye was burning the whole game and afterwards in the room, I finally found the lense in my bad eye--it was way up top of me eyeball, almost all the way to the back. I had to lift the top eyelid away from my eye, and then look down as far as I could just to reach the lense with my finger. Kind of scary, actually. First time in four months of contact wearing (hockey only; 2-3 times per week) that anything like this has happened.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 02:14 AM
zbryne

Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
I wear glasses with a cage, only problem ive had is fitting with the helmet but i got the adjustable helmet so its no big deal. I sometimes do get fogged up lenses on the bench but it doesnt last once im back on the ice.

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:45 AM
TCNorthstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog Form View Post
I always play with contacts now. Have you ever tried it? I'm not familar with soft vs. rigid lenses, but I know that mine are soft. I can play fine without them, but my depth perception improves so greatly with them on that I can't imagine playing without them.
I have played with my contacts in a lot. It burns like hell when I get sweat in them, which is all the time. So I just don't wear them for hockey anymore. I typically wear glasses(in everyday life). Now the only time I wear my contacts is playing golf.

Last edited by TCNorthstars: 03-30-2010 at 08:52 AM.
TCNorthstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Pog Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
I have played with my contacts in a lot. It burns like hell when I get sweat in them, which is all the time. So I just don't wear them for hockey anymore. I typically wear glasses(in everyday life). Now the only time I wear my contacts is playing golf.
Not sure if you read it already, but you might enjoy my second post as well:
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...8&postcount=28

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote