HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hornqvist break out

Old
03-26-2010, 11:36 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Hornqvist not only scores the goals in hard areas, he scores big goals. You have to have guys like that on your team that rise to the occasion.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 03:46 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Hornqvist excels on lines that throw the puck on net a lot. The more pucks to the net that are generated, the more goal scoring opportunities he gets...even Hornqvist himself throws the puck at net a lot to generate rebound opportunities for himself and his linemates to pounce on...
With guys like Weber and Franson blasting away at the blueline, I would expect ample scoring opportunities for Hornqvist around the net. He's not a sniper, but he doesn't have to be. Even if his goal total drops off next year, I would still consider a 20 goal year a success.

But like a lot of others in this thread, I don't want to throw big money at him after one fantastic season. If he stays healthy and scores 30+ goals next year as well (notice that I assume he'll get one more this year), then he deserves a substantial pay raise. I don't think he is a flash in the pan. Alternatively, I wouldn't bet on another 30 goal season either. Normally I'm overly critical of Poile's conservative nature. But with Hornqvist, I would prefer a patient, measured contract.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
“We have great belief in one another and we work for one another,” offered Hornqvist. “That’s how we approach every game. We think we are capable of getting two points every night. The year that I am having is something I’m very happy about, but it’s the guys I’m playing with who have helped it turn out that way.”
http://nhlpa.com/News/Headlines/1DF7...tural-Predator

Great article today on Hornqvist from the NHLPA and Patric follows up with his 30th of the season tonight...

This quote though really sums up more than just Hornqvist's contributions to the team, but also really reinforces my gut instinct that this team is probably one of the closest and most confident that has ever pulled on the Predators jersey...

Everyone is pulling in the same direction. No one is complaining about their role. Everyone does whatever they can to get the job done and looks for areas every night where they can step up and contribute as well. Hornqvist and his smile is part of the chemistry that makes this team click and I'm excited to watch them every night because of it...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
The above post is the reason I'm loving this team. It's just such a... team. If that makes sense. None of the bullcrap about how XXX did ____ in the dressing room and pissed off ____!! This team gels nicely. And I love Hörnqvist, unfortunately he didn't really perform too well for team Sweden.
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:21 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
The above post is the reason I'm loving this team. It's just such a... team. If that makes sense. None of the bullcrap about how XXX did ____ in the dressing room and pissed off ____!! This team gels nicely. And I love Hörnqvist, unfortunately he didn't really perform too well for team Sweden.
Posted via Mobile Device
didn't really watch any of the team Sweden games...did he get to play the way he does with Nashville?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
didn't really watch any of the team Sweden games...did he get to play the way he does with Nashville?
No, he was the shooter on a line with Zetterberg and Forsberg...when BAG finally moved Forsberg to the Sedins line and Franzen to the Zetterberg line in the closing minutes of Team Sweden's tournament, those two lines came alive and Hornqvist was buzzing the net as Zetterberg and Franzen put rubber towards it...

Hornqvist was very ineffective for Team Sweden, but it was due to being put in the wrong role IMO more than simply Patric being out of place on the World stage...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:37 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Thanks SLake....kinda what i figured. It seemed then like they might have been "out coached" during the tournament.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
No, he was the shooter on a line with Zetterberg and Forsberg...when BAG finally moved Forsberg to the Sedins line and Franzen to the Zetterberg line in the closing minutes of Team Sweden's tournament, those two lines came alive and Hornqvist was buzzing the net as Zetterberg and Franzen put rubber towards it...

Hornqvist was very ineffective for Team Sweden, but it was due to being put in the wrong role IMO more than simply Patric being out of place on the World stage...
This is exactly right. He was put into a role that he doesn't play very well. Hörnqvist almost reminds me of Ryan Smyth. He really doesn't do well in that shooter's role. I was watching that game against Slovakia (at 3:00 AM no less ) and just about ready to send Gustafsson (Swedish coach) hate mail. He did everything wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Thanks SLake....kinda what i figured. It seemed then like they might have been "out coached" during the tournament.
They could have been out-coached by a hockey stick

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote