HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Hornqvist: Over/Under 29 Goals? and RFA compensation.

Old
01-19-2010, 05:03 PM
thejlb*

vCash: 500
I dunno thats still alot of money thrown away. We nothing about what he can do consistently. He hasn't had the time to prove it, I'm sure he'll sign for a good deal. Thats still a big deal to give him in my opinion.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Wow, where did this guy come from? In the last half of the season he's been absolutely dynamite. I'm really surprised he wasn't on my radar before his recent surge. He's a hell of a player, you guys are very lucky to have him.

My guess would be 10 mil over four years.

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:53 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Where did he come from? The last pick of the 2005 draft. The Swedish Olympian started last year (his first in North America) in Nashville, sent to the AHL after about 25 games, learned what it takes to play in the NHL, came back this year and is now the player we all were hoping for last season.

edit: I don't mean to come off sounding like a smartass, but really we've heard/seen clips of what he can do and we've all been excitedly following him and waiting for him to come over to NA for a couple of seasons. I think he broke some of Forsberg's records in Sweden so you can understand how much we have been looking forward to him coming here.

Last edited by sparkle twin: 01-22-2010 at 02:01 AM.
sparkle twin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:26 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
can you imagine where we might be right now without this guy

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Now we are seeing why he broke Forsberg's record for goals. It took him a year to get the NHL game, and he is flourishing now.

01-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Think about how awesome it would be if we had Rads and Hornqvist on the same line?

I really hope Poille is able to trade Hamhuis at the deadline for a sniper type of prospect or a solid 20 goal getter who can play on a line with Hornqvist for years to come.

Is it just me or is Hornqvist a game changer as well? He makes the guys on his line better. Horny and sully seem to have some serious chemistry going between them.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Sabreality

Sabres fan coming in peace

So its safe to assume this kids untouchable outside of an overpayment, right? I've watched a lot of Preds games this year and really like what i see from this kid, i heard some of the hype preseason last year, but he seems to have really flourished, high hockey IQ.

what kind of a raise do you think he'll get? i'm not a big fan of the offersheet, but this kid is EXACTLY the kind of piece Buffalos top 6 is missing...how high would Nashville go to match?

good luck the rest of the year, i'm rooting for the Preds out west.

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:12 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
Sabres fan coming in peace

So its safe to assume this kids untouchable outside of an overpayment, right? I've watched a lot of Preds games this year and really like what i see from this kid, i heard some of the hype preseason last year, but he seems to have really flourished, high hockey IQ.

what kind of a raise do you think he'll get? i'm not a big fan of the offersheet, but this kid is EXACTLY the kind of piece Buffalos top 6 is missing...how high would Nashville go to match?

good luck the rest of the year, i'm rooting for the Preds out west.
It is almost hard to answer this without knowing what the front office is looking to do.

If the front office is looking to keep both Rinne and Ellis, we might not have the cap space to pay him 2+M. If we decide to keep Hamhuis, we will also not have the space to pay him that amount. But in the scenario from what I think is we will lose one of Rinne/Ellis and then lose Hamhuis, we sign Horn for around 3, maybe 2.75 per year since he is still a RFA.

O, and to feel your pain, we have needed a player like Hornqvist on this team ever since Scott Hartnell left us after the 06 season. Now that we finally have him, I am not sure we are looking to get rid of him unless they think Ward, Jones, and Wilson can do the job that Horn is doing for cheaper.

BTW: Buffalo is the team I am rooting for the in the East also. Which is tough because I used to like the Sens quite a bit. Good luck to you guys also.

Last edited by utmfisher19: 02-05-2010 at 09:44 AM.
utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Sabreality

thanks for the insight, after looking over the numbers/players signed for next year, even with the self imposed Cap, it looks like they can fit him in no problem (even if offersheeted)...i'll have to continue to dream on this one

Stafford, Sekera & 1st?

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

I am becoming a huge Hornqvist fan. I think you guys have uncovered a real gem with him. Tonight he had three points including two Power Play goals. That brings his totals on the year to 23 goals and 36 points in 55 games. 17 goals and 25 points in his last 24 games.

The kid is legit.

Old
02-05-2010, 11:15 AM
thejlb*

Still think the kid has alot of work to do. Seems like he can't do anything 6ft from the goalie but you put him a foot closer and he can score upwards of 24 goals. Not meaning to be critical on the guy, but can you imagine what he might accomplish with a little more work on his pass and his shot. I get goosebumps thinking about it.

Old
02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejlb View Post
Still think the kid has alot of work to do. Seems like he can't do anything 6ft from the goalie but you put him a foot closer and he can score upwards of 24 goals. Not meaning to be critical on the guy, but can you imagine what he might accomplish with a little more work on his pass and his shot. I get goosebumps thinking about it.
His wristshot needs work. I think Erat could mentor him in that department.

Old
02-05-2010, 01:40 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Maybe in terms of his skills, but i disagree on the mental part. I think he has great mental awareness and never looks lost out there. If you are a junk goals guy, you are a junk goals guy. You saying he needs to work on things is like me saying Shea needs to work on carrying the puck up the ice and making unbelievable saucer passes to spring people... That is not his game, nor will it ever be. Horn does what he does very, very well.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

So what do our forward lines look like for next season?

Sullivan Arnott Hornqvist
Erat Wilson Dumont
Ward Legwand Smithson
Jones Goc Tootoo

I really don't like the looks of that to be honest, we need to move two forwards and grab an actual scorer rather than have all these guys together. Cal O'Reilly should be as good as gone.

Old
02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
thejlb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Maybe in terms of his skills, but i disagree on the mental part. I think he has great mental awareness and never looks lost out there. If you are a junk goals guy, you are a junk goals guy. You saying he needs to work on things is like me saying Shea needs to work on carrying the puck up the ice and making unbelievable saucer passes to spring people... That is not his game, nor will it ever be. Horn does what he does very, very well.
Look the kid took himself to this level through hard work I never said he needed mental work, I still think his success this year is a result of doing what hes told. Not because he's the next scoring sensation. I'm not saying its not a skill set either he's very effective at it, You could easily put Jones where hornqvist is now and the results would be very similar.

I'm just saying if he works as hard this upcoming offseason as he did last year on fixing some of his problems he will be simply amazing. How many shots does hornqvist have this year? I know its alot, so shooting the puck is part of his style of play I don't care what anybody says. Now imagine he works on his on his shot. He becomes even more effective then he is now. He's got the work ethic which is what I was getting at.

Old
02-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Hornqvist right now is 19th in the league in shots on goal. Currently he has 185 in 55 games. That was one of the main stats that made me start paying attention to him was his ridiculous SOG totals.

Old
02-05-2010, 07:42 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Look the kid took himself to this level through hard work I never said he needed mental work, I still think his success this year is a result of doing what hes told. Not because he's the next scoring sensation. I'm not saying its not a skill set either he's very effective at it, You could easily put Jones where hornqvist is now and the results would be very similar.

I'm just saying if he works as hard this upcoming offseason as he did last year on fixing some of his problems he will be simply amazing. How many shots does hornqvist have this year? I know its alot, so shooting the puck is part of his style of play I don't care what anybody says. Now imagine he works on his on his shot. He becomes even more effective then he is now. He's got the work ethic which is what I was getting at.
I have to disagree.........I don't see Jones having this skill at all., unfortunately.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:34 PM
goalscorer

30!!!!!!!!

Four in the next five games steals the record.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 02:14 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
30!!!!!!!!

Four in the next five games steals the record.
I'd rather see him set a Preds record for playoff goals..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote