HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

D-Fence

Old
03-29-2010, 05:58 PM
dimi78

vCash: 500
People can have there hate on for Beauchemin and Komisarek all they want they're not going anywhere rather people like it or not.

Kaberle will be the only Defense men shopped in the off season and more than likely the only Defense men traded in the off season.

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Tonka
Diggles

Phaneuf-Komisarek
Gunnarson-Schenn
X-X

Trade Beach ball, Kaberle and dump Finger.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
And his cup ring argues that he SHOULD.

Volchenkov = Komisarek

same same.

And Volchenkov will be just as overpaid this summer as Komisarek was last summer.
What do Dave Reid's cup rings say? Guy must be better than Mike Gartner, right? Probably Marcel Dionne too.

Lame, lame argument.

Many would argue Beauchemin was overpaid too. What's the point? Other than UFA are usually overpaid.

I also don't care if Volchenkov and Komisarek play a similar game. I like my defensemen to block shots and hit like madmen and make people afraid. I wish any team luck getting near the net with Phaneuf, Schenn, Komisarek and Volchenkov out there. I also wish them luck scoring on the PP. The only question would be whether as a group they could spring the offense. At a price tag of around 20 M they'd be about $2 M over league average but also likely well above average in performance.

Last edited by eyeball11: 03-29-2010 at 06:10 PM.
eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
What do Dave Reid's cup rings say?
Dave Reid's cup rings say that he's a very good 4th liner.

Francois Beauchemin's cup ring says that he's a very good 25+ minute per night defenseman.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 09:09 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf is Phaneuf View Post
If kabby doesn't get traded then another defenesman will, I suspect. And if not, should we really be complaining? If Francois Beauchemin is your 6th defenseman then you are in pretty good shape.
In a cap world you are wrong.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 09:29 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Dave Reid's cup rings say that he's a very good 4th liner.

Francois Beauchemin's cup ring says that he's a very good 25+ minute per night defenseman.
If you say so.

I prefer the line that Volchenkov brings in less time.

Old
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Phaneuf is Phaneuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
In a cap world you are wrong.
Not really. As I've already stated, if Gunnar was our 6th then nobody would be complaining about overpaying your 6th defenseman. Beauch is a bad deal for a 6th but Gunnar is a great deal for a 4th, so it evens out.

Phaneuf is Phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:33 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Your premise is flawed. Beauchemin isn't the worst of those defensemen. Why do you think he leads this team in icetime? Do you think that Wilson is going to change his mind about Beauchemin over the summer for some reason?

I think Kaberle will be traded, and our 6th defensemen (likely a rookie like Aulie/Blacker/Mikus/Holzer/Oreskovic) will play ~10 minutes per night. It doesn't make much sense to me to have 6 d-men who can play 20+ minutes per night... and I doubt Kaberle will want to re-sign here if he's only playing 18 minutes per night.
BB said he'd trade everyone before firing RW.

So now do you actually believe RW would not play BB's signings regardless? He's going to make the guy who said RW was more important than the team look bad?

This is kind of like the Sutters in Calgary.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:32 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf is Phaneuf View Post
Not really. As I've already stated, if Gunnar was our 6th then nobody would be complaining about overpaying your 6th defenseman. Beauch is a bad deal for a 6th but Gunnar is a great deal for a 4th, so it evens out.
So who balances out Finger? 26 million is too much for 7 dmen any way you put it. After Gunnarson our cheapest dman has a cap hit of 2.9 per. That's a lot for bottom pairing dmen.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Leafs4Life77

In my opinion, the suggestion of signing a d-man is simply ridiculous given our team's current situation. There's probably a 1% chance of Burke trading Beau or Komi. It would just be a classless move. Schenn, Phaneuf and Gunnarsson aren't going anywhere. Whether or not Kaberle actually gets moved is anynone's guess, so that leaves Finger as your 6th/7th.

Bottom Line: No Hamhuis. No Volchenkov.

Leafs4Life77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 04:10 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs4Life77 View Post
In my opinion, the suggestion of signing a d-man is simply ridiculous given our team's current situation. There's probably a 1% chance of Burke trading Beau or Komi. It would just be a classless move. Schenn, Phaneuf and Gunnarsson aren't going anywhere. Whether or not Kaberle actually gets moved is anynone's guess, so that leaves Finger as your 6th/7th.

Bottom Line: No Hamhuis. No Volchenkov.
How is it "classless" to overpay people and then trade them if you believe something better comes along?

I wish I could find a "classless" boss.