HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carcillo Suspended 2 Games

Old
03-30-2010, 04:51 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

vCash: 500
Complete and total BS. Carcillo will be back on the bottom lines again for good after this IMO. Not because of this incident, but I foresee us playing well now and taking the current (whatever we use Thursday) lines into the playoffs.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 04:51 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

One major problem i have with the NHL discipline system is the whole "repeat offender" thing. If a player not named Dan Carcillo were to have done this, no suspension would have been issued. This is to say that if Dan Carcillo hooks a player in a game, he should be issued a 5 minute major because he's a guy who takes alot of penalties. Does that happen? No, he'd get 2 just like everyone else in the league. This system should be based around equal treatment, the punishment of an ACTION, not the punishment of being Dan Carcillo. It's a joke and it's pathetic.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Garbage Goal

Very surprised. The misconduct itself wasn't even warranted I think.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:13 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Complete and total BS. Carcillo will be back on the bottom lines again for good after this IMO. Not because of this incident, but I foresee us playing well now and taking the current (whatever we use Thursday) lines into the playoffs.
I certainly hope so. Carcillo isn't a top 6 player, and if the Flyers go on a run playing well with him on the 3rd/4th line, I don't have a problem in the world with it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:17 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
I certainly hope so. Carcillo isn't a top 6 player, and if the Flyers go on a run playing well with him on the 3rd/4th line, I don't have a problem in the world with it.
He was productive when he was moved up, but he's tailed off. I just love to see him get ice time. He brings energy, grit, toughness, and agitation. We need him to still get his minutes to be effective.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:20 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
He was productive when he was moved up, but he's tailed off. I just love to see him get ice time. He brings energy, grit, toughness, and agitation. We need him to still get his minutes to be effective.
He was very good when he was on a line with Betts and Lappy. It's the perfect spot for him, and I love that line.

Old
03-30-2010, 06:21 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Id rather JVR get more minutes. He hasnt been that productive... he only has 20 points. Asham has more and he's playing on a lower line. Betts and Lappy are 2 points behind him playing on the 4th line) I know energy, grit, etc etc is important, but your top 2 lines should consist of people who put the puck in the net. Being honest, I think Richie and (healthy) Gags would have more points if they had a more productive teammate.

I like JVR-Richards-Giroux more then Carcillo-Richards-Giroux

That being said, he was perfectly fine when with Betts and Lappy. He isnt a goal scorer and a point guy, but an agitator who can chip a goal here and there.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:51 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Considering it was just 3 stitches, Carcillo apologized for him face to face, and Clarkson even said he thinks he meant to get a glove up in his face and just caught stick, and on top of that seemed like every quote from Clarkson seemed to make it sound like it wasn't a big deal....this is total horse-****. But expected, Carcillo's a repeat offender.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:00 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 50
This was posted on NJ.com earlier today:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...ed_to_dav.html

Quote:
Clarkson said the two wound up grabbing onto each other after the altercation.

"He apologized," Clarkson said.

Carcillo said his stick rode up off another stick and clipped Clarkson in the eyebrow.

"What happened, happened. I didn't mean to do it," Carcillo told the Camden Courier-Post of the Clarkson incident.

Clarkson said he knows Carcillo from back home in Toronto and can understand that it was an accident.

"I think the way I play, too, I would never say, 'This guy should be suspended.' I don't think I would ever say that about another player," Clarkson said.

"I don't know what Colin Campbell is going to decide. They've done a good job, I think, of keeping things pretty clean and doing their best to make it as safe as they can. I'm sure they'll make the right decision."

Clarkson, of course, plays on the edge.

"I think I'm a guy who plays on the edge but I've never been suspended in my NHL career. If I want to fight a guy, I'm going to drop my stuff and grab him. I've seen a lot of guys I wanted to fight but I've never thrown a punch first. I usually ask because I don't want to get suspended.

"I do think I play on the edge a little bit. Or try to."

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:02 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
This was posted on NJ.com earlier today:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...ed_to_dav.html
I love Clarkson, but did anyone else notice that he qualified the suspension with "in my NHL career"? He had a careless use of the stick suspension in the OHL - a 10 gamer, if I recall correctly.

Having said that, I think Clarkson should request a trade from the Devils to the Flyers. I hate not being able to cheer for him.

Old
03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Miss Mess

Huh? I can't remember this incident at all, and I thought I watched the whole game...

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
I love Clarkson, but did anyone else notice that he qualified the suspension with "in my NHL career"? He had a careless use of the stick suspension in the OHL - a 10 gamer, if I recall correctly.

Having said that, I think Clarkson should request a trade from the Devils to the Flyers. I hate not being able to cheer for him.
I don't recall that incident but on the same site came this article (now dated) which you might enjoy: http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...id_clarks.html

Old
03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
Huh? I can't remember this incident at all, and I thought I watched the whole game...
It should be among these highlights...

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=35&id=64399

Old
03-30-2010, 07:36 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
I don't recall that incident but on the same site came this article (now dated) which you might enjoy: http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...id_clarks.html
Thanks MSE! Clarkson was one of Deboer's greatest finds for the Rangers. Traded for $1,000 cash, and went on to have a junior career full of highlights, including scoring the last goal in the 2003 Memorial Cup tournament. He's a great kid and I knew he'd be a fan favourite with the Devils, and anywhere else he ends up. I've never seen a hockey player so great with kids, and he still sponsors Clarky's Kids in Kitchener, which sends kids receiving cancer treatments to Rangers games. He really is one of the good ones. Friggen' Devils....

Old
03-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Flyers93

Quote:
He was very good when he was on a line with Betts and Lappy. It's the perfect spot for him, and I love that line.
Definitley. I'd like us to use a true top 6 and get that line of Carcy, Betts, and Lappy going again. That line was so good together and easily the most consistent line we had. They were the protypical 4th line and did their jobs perfectly. First time I actually loved watching the 4th line come out, unlike when Cote's playing...

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
It should be among these highlights...

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=35&id=64399
Thanks, MSE.
I guess that looks bad, especially since it's Carcillo.

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:01 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers93 View Post
Definitley. I'd like us to use a true top 6 and get that line of Carcy, Betts, and Lappy going again. That line was so good together and easily the most consistent line we had. They were the protypical 4th line and did their jobs perfectly. First time I actually loved watching the 4th line come out, unlike when Cote's playing...
Do you think the Flyers would be too top heavy with something like this, everyone (everyone healthy/non-suspended):

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
JVR-Richards-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
Asham-Powe-Leino

I would be fine with that lineup. It isn't the three scoring lines that the Flyers seem to have been forcing but the two top lines (playing to potential, of course) would be pretty intimidating. The Betts line would be a good energy/shutdown line and the Powe line would be an ok 4th line. I'd like to see something like this.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Centauris*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Do you think the Flyers would be too top heavy with something like this, everyone (everyone healthy/non-suspended):

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
JVR-Richards-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
Asham-Powe-Leino

I would be fine with that lineup. It isn't the three scoring lines that the Flyers seem to have been forcing but the two top lines (playing to potential, of course) would be pretty intimidating. The Betts line would be a good energy/shutdown line and the Powe line would be an ok 4th line. I'd like to see something like this.

What about Gagne?

I'd like to see Briere and Gagne play the rest of the way together

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Flyers93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
JVR-Richards-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
Asham-Powe-Leino

I could live with that, barring that the top 6 have good chemistry and like you said play to potential.

Love the Betts line of course, and Leino has shown to be very skillful in the time he's played so the Powe line would be good too, and physical.

Has anyone paid really close attention to Leino's defense and backchecking? Coming from the Wings I think he'd atleast be above average at it. Anyone?

Edit: I completely missed Gagne on there as well.

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
mypunkrock

JvR - Carter - Giroux
Hartnell - Briere - Leino
Gagne - Richards - Powe
Carcillo - Betts - Lappy5000

Admit it, ya'll like those lines.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:13 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

This is crap.
And people wonder why the NHL is a second tier sport. Sad.

orange and black48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:15 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauris View Post
What about Gagne?

I'd like to see Briere and Gagne play the rest of the way together
Haha...WHOOPS! I'll have to rework that...

Gagne-Carter-Briere
JVR-Richards-Giroux
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
Hartnell-Powe-Leino

Hartnell on that fourth line is a bit questionable. He has the potential at least to make some plays. He hasn't really deserved top line minutes this season and I have been waiting for him to break out of his slump for about six months now. Sticking him on the 4th line would at least give that line a potential to have potential to be more than just a rest of the other guys on the team. JVR playing with Richards and Giroux I think will elevate his game. I think that line would work out pretty well. JVR crashing the net. Richards roaming around getting open/playing some D. Giroux setting things up. Gagne/Carter/Briere would be the all out attack line. Briere getting pucks to Carter in the slot could pay serious dividends and Gagne is always a threat, though not as big a threat as he used to be. The Betts line seems to be the the the energy/shutdown line like I said in the Gagne-less post. But yeah, I would like to see this.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:19 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Stupid suspension. Even Carcillo apologized during the game and that there was no intent in it.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 06:24 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
JVR-Richards-Giroux
Gagne-Briere-Leino
Hartnell-Powe-Pyorala(hopefully)
Asham-Betts-Lappy

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 10:46 AM
RoDu

so we're not calling anyone up to take Carbomb's spot? Bad idea, we'll be essentially playing with 10 forwards once Cote's 3.5 min of ice time are up

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote