HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

The Official ARE WE TRYING TO MISS THE F**CING PLAYOFFS THREAD?

Old
03-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Dumpand chase is not a style............ board cycling is not a style.......
wraping around 65 times per game is not a style.....

all what you guys including me, are complaining about
are tools.........
Tools to bypass any opponents defense. And there are many tools left.
This is actually what i'm complaining about.

A tool is just to be used for a special problem.
You can't use a wrench to put a nail in.... sure you can, but a hammer is better suited for that.
Ass soon as you use always the same tool as soon will a problem pop up you can't
fix.
Banging in a nail is one thing but drilling hole is impossible with a wrench.
But on a big picture, without a construction plan you can't finish your project.

As long as we use just the cycling mode and wrapping around as our only tools
without a construction plan,
we will never adapt to the other teams with a half smart coach.

That bings me to the next problem, we are always just adapting and adjusting....
we are never the guys who force the other guys to adjust,
We have to overpower anb overrun the opponents lines so much
the other teams has to desperatly search for a tool.
We have the players for that, we have the players to drive the opponents defens crazy, we have the player to overpower.........
Our PP could be a leathal weapon with a Johnson-Doughty blue line.
Other teams would kill to get players like that.

But we are just doing our small little things an try to do them right.
We don't care about our possibillitys, we are happy with our small little
healthy world..................

As in life....... that will lead to not more than be mediocre.

Everyone here is complaining about my hate to TM...
but i always try to point out, this is no hate....
i just disagree with TM is doing to this high talented, strong, big, offensive team.

For me, this is not just a question of missing playoff or get beat 4-0 in a first
round.
For me, TM is doing a huge damage to a young well talented team and i'm afraid
this is damage no one later is able to repair.
We had huge trouble to beat that **** out Kopitar and Co, who had mentor clowns like Thornton and Armstrong.

As well this post is way to long, but i'm rwally concerned about the future of this team.
I bleed purple and black since 2300 years, this is the only thing i want
and what i'm living for.
I don't wanna have this destroyed by a clow who played hockey 800 years ago
and tries to punch this system into a young team who just grew out of baby age
and learn the basic things.
For talents like Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, Brown, Schenn etc......
the fines coaches are barely enough...... the fines facilities are barely enough....
the finest management is barely enough
........ we offer mediocre stuff at best and expect the finest stuff...

Last edited by Kurrilino: 03-28-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Kurrilino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
^^ pure gold.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I don't care what happens as long as they make the playoffs. At this point, they'd really have to f up for them not to make it. Sure I'll be disappointed if they get swept in the playoffs but we know this team is capable of playing better and I hope they pull it together. As much as I don't want to say this, this team is going to continue to get better in time. This season has just been a glimpse into the future. At least I hope so!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
I think they are missing a huge pressence in Matt Greene. Hopefully he will be back soon.
Definitely some truth to this.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:18 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
sloweth thy roll - Wab 20:10

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Have you been watching other games? They do not dump it 90% of the time. Plus, when they do dump it in, they support it with all positions, the Kings only use 1 or 2 forwards and the defensemen stand at the blue line at all times. The Kings are not hard to defend and the play after the olympics shows it. Teams have figured it out and Murray will not adapt.
I didn't say teams dump it 90% of the time, I said that when you dump it in it is dictated by the other team 90% of the time, i.e. they almost always force you to do it.

Losing the battles is a completely different thing, and that's what's killing the Kings right now, IMO. Before, teams would force us to dump it and we would win the puck, cycle a bit, and get some good chances. Now, there's no fight and they just give it up. It doesn't have so much to do with Murray as it does with the team. It worked at the beginning of the season because the players wanted the puck. Now it seems as if they think its poisonous or something.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:00 PM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

Calgary is destroying Washington right now, maybe that'll put some fire under the Kings for tomorrow's game?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Without panicking (ok, with a little panic) the question this thread seems to pose is:

Is this team currently stumbling because of the players failure to execute or the implementation, by coaching, of an ineffective style?

There is no doubt that some players are just not getting it done.Simmonds has been AWOL offensively, Modin has all but disappeared, but for one game in the last ten,Smyth has forgotten where the net is, Brown is, well, Brown, and Justin Williams is just not ready. Frolov and Handzus are responsible defensively, but are not scoring enough.

Which brings me to the system. For all the offensive talent we have, our offensive is anemic (and please don't quote me stats, unless the focus solely on the last 10 games)
the board cycling may be a great way to increase time of puck possession, but SOG aren't generally generated from the low boards. At times, it looks like our offense is glued to the wall. Frolov, who used to be able to slash to net for quick shots has all but lost that element in his game, as it seems many other players have as well. Our defensemen rarely crash the net, and if we do get set up in the offensive zone the passing is so predictable that the forecheck usually prevents more than one quality chance.

Last night Dallas, on their PP had great (fast and on target) diagonal passing which forced the goalie to move from side to side, exposing at least one side to being wide open. When was the last time you saw the Kings do that whether at ES or on the PP? I can't remember, its been so long.

Right now our offense is stagnant, and our defensive is pretty damn poor. It is not just the players, although they are certainly a large part of the problem. But, the style is not suited to generating as many scoring chances as we should be generating. Add to that the fact that the team looks, and worse, is playing tired, AND JQ IS TIRED, and our optimism for getting to watch playoff games may have been a bit premature.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
An 8th place finish followed by a 4-5-game 1st-round annihilation is seeming more and more likely.
The way they are "upping their game" right now, no way they'll win 1 playoff game.

Their over & under for goals scored in 4 games: I'd say 5.

Not much confidence-building as the playoffs near. But, we all wanted meaningful games in March/April, now we got em. Next year we'll hope for a few more wins in those games... (too much to ask for games in May? thought so)

Oh well.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2045
Actually the posts have been relatively tame. Not nearly as negative or dramatic as I thought it'd be.

Btw, OP, you misspelled "F**king".

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Defgarden

I was going to throw my remote at the TV last night, but then I just got depressed.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
I was assuming with all the re-builds there would not be cracks in the foundation. This is an epic collapse. My hope is Bernier knows if he plays great and stays hot he will remain the man. And what a nice situation that would be for Lombardi, he could then trade Quick for a very nice player during the summer AND get an upgrade in net. Funny how that works in pro sports, Quick could come in, destroy all previous King goalie records and find himself on another team next season.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 10:14 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
At least we don't have to play Nashville in the 1st round, that would be a guaranteed 4 and out.
This. Any other team we can match up against. Nashville just has our number. We have done really well against most of the teams in our division. I have to think the other teams are thinking they don't want to play us in the first round. All we need to do is find our stride again and we can have a strong playoff run.

saintsnsoldiers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I was assuming with all the re-builds there would not be cracks in the foundation. This is an epic collapse. My hope is Bernier knows if he plays great and stays hot he will remain the man. And what a nice situation that would be for Lombardi, he could then trade Quick for a very nice player during the summer AND get an upgrade in net. Funny how that works in pro sports, Quick could come in, destroy all previous King goalie records and find himself on another team next season.
all I can say is, NICE avatar...?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
all I can say is, NICE avatar...?
I found it fitting since the Kings need to pop an ass open.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote