HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
03-25-2010, 11:27 PM
nikzherdev

vCash: 500
the problem with rozy is, and someone else mentioned this before, he tends to flat out stink the first half of the season. if he is able to play a whole season like he plays the second half, i'd love to have him for the amount we are paying him.

nikzherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 07:26 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Sure Rosi had his consistency issues early on this and last season but recovering from a major off-season surgery can do that to a player. Once he settled back in, this guy is arguably our #1 Dman (it really changes game to game between him and Staal).

I can't imagine would this Blue-line would look like if Rosi was dumped and Sangs or Potter was brought up. You think the odd-man rushes and Breakaways last night were bad...

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 08:08 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

From here, only time will tell with how he will play

...playoff past says he's incompetent to the point where someone would wanna throw their tv out the window.

...to the point where when you see someone fails on the D side, you might immediately think it's one of two.

They have their moments when they do something right, but jeez....give Henrik a rest. The D free agent pool is great and overall inexpensive.
Our offense on any given year is good enough, it's our D that's been the problem post lockout...and who's been here the longest???

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Ice Hockey

If you hate Rozsival as a Ranger, I don't think you understand hockey

there, i said it. he has been literally amazing, especially in the 2nd part of the season. despite his contract, i think he need to hold onto him. any rozsival haters wanna eat their crow now?

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Rust Heisenberg

if you think he has been amazing then you sir need to redefine your definition of amazing. i will never eat my crow for disliking rozsival and his contract. his playing has done nothing to warrant that contract, even the improved play of late isn't worth 3 million. you see him do a few good plays and you start calling him amazing. i would rather you say his play has improved rather than say that its sky rocketed from abysmal to spectacular.

also notice when his play became better... the rangers have been out of the playoffs for a while. sure they still have a chance but its not high at all and it hasnt been since before the olympics. id rather not have a defenseman who only shows up when there is no pressure.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:49 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
if you think he has been amazing then you sir need to redefine your definition of amazing. i will never eat my crow for disliking rozsival and his contract. his playing has done nothing to warrant that contract, even the improved play of late isn't worth 3 million. you see him do a few good plays and you start calling him amazing. i would rather you say his play has improved rather than say that its sky rocketed from abysmal to spectacular.

also notice when his play became better... the rangers have been out of the playoffs for a while. sure they still have a chance but its not high at all and it hasnt been since before the olympics. id rather not have a defenseman who only shows up when there is no pressure.
Totally unfair. In every season after the lockout Rozsival has been, by far, the Rangers BEST defenseman in the playoffs. he has been playing well for a while now, its reflected in his minutes.

Thats like saying Gaborik's goals aren't that impressive because he has been playing on a team that has pretty much been out of it. Playing well is still playing well.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
there, i said it. he has been literally amazing, especially in the 2nd part of the season. despite his contract, i think he need to hold onto him. any rozsival haters wanna eat their crow now?
In all honesty Rozsival has been a very solid Ranger for many years, the guy was a top point getter for Dmen when he got signed then he was hurt and it took a while for him to get back into it........................BUT trade trade trade him............move the salary and change the face of the D . He is moveable with his actual dollars going down to a team with cap space

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Redden is so much better, which is why Rozy has 24 minutes played to Redden's 13.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Totally unfair. In every season after the lockout Rozsival has been, by far, the Rangers BEST defenseman in the playoffs. he has been playing well for a while now, its reflected in his minutes.

Thats like saying Gaborik's goals aren't that impressive because he has been playing on a team that has pretty much been out of it. Playing well is still playing well.
The last 2 seasons hes looked lost in the playoffs. To call him by far the best defenseman for the rangers during hte playoffs is being unfair to the other 5 defensemen on the rangers during those seasons. I'd argue that Staal was the best defenseman for the rangers last season because he was constantly on ovechkin and did a very effective job coving him. The year before that i can argue that Mara was the best rangers defenseman during the playoffs. Rosival lacks any physicality, he's slow to the puck, and he's pretty bad handling the puck. He's reluctant to shoot, which makes me scratch my head when i see him on the powerplay. Lately he's been shooting more but these past 2 seasons he's not shot at all. How can you call a defenseman who can not clear the crease, or lay a hit on any player for that matter, an amazing defenseman? At best id say he's above average.

Old
03-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Furthermore, if we the fans are debating on whether he's the best defenseman for the rangers it just goes to show how bad of a defense the rangers have. rosival should ideally be the 3rd defenseman on a team. seeing in how he's the rangers alleged #1 defenseman its fair to say that the rangers have a terrible defense.

in fact it has finally come back to bite the rangers in the rear. last year it did not, this year it did. maybe glen will finally do something rather than having henrik be the entire team.

Old
03-30-2010, 08:33 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
The last 2 seasons hes looked lost in the playoffs. To call him by far the best defenseman for the rangers during hte playoffs is being unfair to the other 5 defensemen on the rangers during those seasons. I'd argue that Staal was the best defenseman for the rangers last season because he was constantly on ovechkin and did a very effective job coving him. The year before that i can argue that Mara was the best rangers defenseman during the playoffs. Rosival lacks any physicality, he's slow to the puck, and he's pretty bad handling the puck. He's reluctant to shoot, which makes me scratch my head when i see him on the powerplay. Lately he's been shooting more but these past 2 seasons he's not shot at all. How can you call a defenseman who can not clear the crease, or lay a hit on any player for that matter, an amazing defenseman? At best id say he's above average.
Last season in the playoffs Torts put Redden and Rozsival together to match up against Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin because Staal and Girardi were having problems.

Mara is a terrible defenseman. The guy has a lot of guts but he can't skate and takes a lot of penalties because of it.

I don't even like Rozsival honestly. I think the Rangers should find a suitor for him this offseason and attempt to get something in return as I think he has some value in order to move on. However, the guy has been the Rangers best defenseman and is a 1st pairing d-man on this team, and has been since the lockout.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Rozsival has been quite physical along the boards.

To me, its sad, because the fact that so many Ranger fans think he is poor really says a lot about the intelligence of the fanbase.

Old
03-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Rozsival has been quite physical along the boards.

To me, its sad, because the fact that so many Ranger fans think he is poor really says a lot about the intelligence of the fanbase.
its easy to bash the priced players when the team is struggling

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Cmox

This has been (imo) Rosi's best season as a Ranger.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Ok do you guys think he deserve his salary?

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik Scores View Post
I think he's a little overpaid...I'd value him between 4-4.5

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik Scores View Post
well, let's not go too far...

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Crease

Hi, I'm here for the Michael Rozsival Appreciation Thread.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 04:39 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

He was wearing the "A" yesterday.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 04:47 AM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
He also wore it in Toronto. My guess is that he'll be wearing it 'til Cally gets back.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 04:52 AM
egelband

i hated rosivals play this year but the last ten or fifteen games he has been very solid. i have been thinking it looks like he *cares* more than he did earlier. it's pretty poor though, when millions to play a game doesn't get a guy to play his ass off every night.

egelband is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 05:58 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i hated rosivals play this year but the last ten or fifteen games he has been very solid. i have been thinking it looks like he *cares* more than he did earlier. it's pretty poor though, when millions to play a game doesn't get a guy to play his ass off every night.
he does this every year...starts off pretty bad and turns the majority of fans against him, then quitely transitions into the best defensman on the team

..meanwhile he still gets booed

based on this pattern, im starting to think maybe he likes it?

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 09:43 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
ARE SOME OF YOU F**KING KIDDING ME?????? THE ONLY REASON WE SUCK IS BECAUSE WE HAVE HAD THE BIGGEST JOKE OF A DEFENSE SINCE LEETCH LEFT.
WE HAVE THE BEST GOALIE WE'VE EVER SEEN AND THERE HASN'T BEEN PROTECTION SINCE HE GOT HERE.
I CAN'T BLOODY BELIEVE MY EYES WHEN PEOPLE HERE AREN'T RALLYING UP TO CHANGE THINGS! LOOK AT THE TREATMENT BRODEUR GETS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! HIS DEFENSE LET'S HIM BREAK EVERY RECORD IN THE BOOK WHILE ALWAYS ON HIS ASS!

ROZSIVAL IS BEST DEFENSEMEN ON THE TEAM? HA!!!! WHO'S THE BEST PLAYER ON THE KNICKS????????? ...no, you're right. He's awesome, a true winner and obvious asset to the team. I'm just retarded and have no understanding of this game whatsoever.
You're right- it ain't Rozsival, it's Henrik. (I feel sick typing that even sarcastically)
take a gander at where we rank amungst the rest of the league in both goals against/game and shots against/game...it may surprise you that we're in the better half

our defense isnt good...but it aint nearly as bad as some people think...they're young and not that talented but they actually played BEYOND their abilities this season

make no mistake, our biggest problem in the defensive zone is the fowards in abilty to maintain posession past our blue line and have any form of a functional break out

it happens every game...in our own zone, we gain possesion down low, then lose possesion up high

i wish people would actually watch what goes on in the defensive zone like they do in the offensive zone....instead of just getting pissed at goals and pointing the finger at the closest dman to the goal scorer

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Been wearing it since Cally went down.

I think we're gonna have to do some research to see how many defenseman that suck as bad as Rozy have ever worn an A.

By the way, he was outstanding again last night. Him and Staal have been horses on the blueline.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I think he's played 90 minutes over the last 3 games and been like a +3.

Good thing Lundqvist has been making him look so good during that stretch, right?