HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

You have a convert!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2010, 09:17 PM
  #26
Harpoon Pete
 
Harpoon Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alabama
Country: United States
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
... or something like that.
I've been watching hockey for well over a decade now, and a few months ago I realized something: I'd never seen the Predators play. So I made it my mission to watch everything Predators, to immerese myself in this forum (without posting, that's a great way to screw things up ) and to get to know the team better. Two months later, I have to say that I love this team. I don't think I will ever stop loving the Edmonton Oilers, but I absolutely love this Nashville team. Just so you all know, you're lucky to have the organization. Cheers!
Actually, they have (2), you just beat me to it. Haha..

Sorry to steal some of your thunder but this is something I have been debating for a while. Only if the market around here would show some of the games. I live in Northport, AL - about 5 hours away from Nashville - and you'd think, from the TV coverage that this team was in Idaho or something. I do not get that.

But anyways, the backstory behind me is this. I love hockey, I played some hockey, but havent watched hockey in 13 years. I was a Hartford Whalers fan, and a season ticket holder from 1984-1997. After they left, hockey went from just below college football/NFL to somewhere around tennis (which is a sport that I rarely watch, no offense to any tennis players in the house). It was really just dead to me.

In 2004, I moved to Nashville on a whim. I attended University of Alabama and the closest place to there - where I could land a job and not get taxed to death turned out to be Nashville. I actually lived near Goldrush (on Elliston) and the GEC was a short cab ride from where I lived, and combine that with the Titans craze that is Nashville, I gave hockey a chance. Of course, with my luck, I had the seats picked out (the zone) and the payment sent ,... and the NHL went into a lockout.

Fast forward to now, and I had watched a few games - but this year's olympics reminded me that hockey is a pretty cool sport, and maybe there is a team that is near bye that I can support. To me, hockey is fun to watch on TV - but it's even better in person.

You will have to bear with me though. I know the sport but could not tell you more than 10 people or so that are NHL players. I don't know the Predators, or who's good/bad/needs to be traded/needs to be signed as a FA/...etc. I am going to need to play catch up some.

With that being said, I look forward to getting back into the game (so to speak) and being able to take my wife (who is a newbie in terms of hockey) to a game. Ill be around the forum and so I am sure that I will get all of the information needed to really get into it next season.

Chances are that if you see a guy wearing a Hartford Whalers (green) jersey or a Bring Back the Whalers shirt next year (with a predators hat, of course) it's most likely me.

Harpoon Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
  #27
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpoon Pete View Post
Actually, they have (2), you just beat me to it. Haha..

Sorry to steal some of your thunder but this is something I have been debating for a while. Only if the market around here would show some of the games. I live in Northport, AL - about 5 hours away from Nashville - and you'd think, from the TV coverage that this team was in Idaho or something. I do not get that.

But anyways, the backstory behind me is this. I love hockey, I played some hockey, but havent watched hockey in 13 years. I was a Hartford Whalers fan, and a season ticket holder from 1984-1997. After they left, hockey went from just below college football/NFL to somewhere around tennis (which is a sport that I rarely watch, no offense to any tennis players in the house). It was really just dead to me.

In 2004, I moved to Nashville on a whim. I attended University of Alabama and the closest place to there - where I could land a job and not get taxed to death turned out to be Nashville. I actually lived near Goldrush (on Elliston) and the GEC was a short cab ride from where I lived, and combine that with the Titans craze that is Nashville, I gave hockey a chance. Of course, with my luck, I had the seats picked out (the zone) and the payment sent ,... and the NHL went into a lockout.

Fast forward to now, and I had watched a few games - but this year's olympics reminded me that hockey is a pretty cool sport, and maybe there is a team that is near bye that I can support. To me, hockey is fun to watch on TV - but it's even better in person.

You will have to bear with me though. I know the sport but could not tell you more than 10 people or so that are NHL players. I don't know the Predators, or who's good/bad/needs to be traded/needs to be signed as a FA/...etc. I am going to need to play catch up some.

With that being said, I look forward to getting back into the game (so to speak) and being able to take my wife (who is a newbie in terms of hockey) to a game. Ill be around the forum and so I am sure that I will get all of the information needed to really get into it next season.

Chances are that if you see a guy wearing a Hartford Whalers (green) jersey or a Bring Back the Whalers shirt next year (with a predators hat, of course) it's most likely me.
As a fellow transplant from Hartford, I welcome you to the fan base!

After the Whalers left I was really lost, but came to the realization that summer that I loved the sport too much to allow Karmanos to steal it away from me...so at the age of 14, I worked all summer and earned enough money to purchase two season tickets to the Wolf*Pack (needed a ride) and remained a season-ticket holder till the day I moved to Nashville in July 2004...where, like you, I was promptly greeted with the lockout...

Bought Predators season tickets two days after the lockout had officially ended and have to say that this team has completely taken me over...they work hard, are well-coached and managed, and overcome extreme odds on a routine basis on the road to success...things the Whalers seemed to never do...

The fan base is rabidly passionate and very knowledgeable and has brought a whole slew of new traditions to the NHL that make it so unique and fun to be a part of...

I know you'll enjoy it...so welcome to the boards!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 10:23 PM
  #28
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpoon Pete View Post
Actually, they have (2), you just beat me to it. Haha..

Sorry to steal some of your thunder but this is something I have been debating for a while. Only if the market around here would show some of the games. I live in Northport, AL - about 5 hours away from Nashville - and you'd think, from the TV coverage that this team was in Idaho or something. I do not get that.

But anyways, the backstory behind me is this. I love hockey, I played some hockey, but havent watched hockey in 13 years. I was a Hartford Whalers fan, and a season ticket holder from 1984-1997. After they left, hockey went from just below college football/NFL to somewhere around tennis (which is a sport that I rarely watch, no offense to any tennis players in the house). It was really just dead to me.

In 2004, I moved to Nashville on a whim. I attended University of Alabama and the closest place to there - where I could land a job and not get taxed to death turned out to be Nashville. I actually lived near Goldrush (on Elliston) and the GEC was a short cab ride from where I lived, and combine that with the Titans craze that is Nashville, I gave hockey a chance. Of course, with my luck, I had the seats picked out (the zone) and the payment sent ,... and the NHL went into a lockout.

Fast forward to now, and I had watched a few games - but this year's olympics reminded me that hockey is a pretty cool sport, and maybe there is a team that is near bye that I can support. To me, hockey is fun to watch on TV - but it's even better in person.

You will have to bear with me though. I know the sport but could not tell you more than 10 people or so that are NHL players. I don't know the Predators, or who's good/bad/needs to be traded/needs to be signed as a FA/...etc. I am going to need to play catch up some.

With that being said, I look forward to getting back into the game (so to speak) and being able to take my wife (who is a newbie in terms of hockey) to a game. Ill be around the forum and so I am sure that I will get all of the information needed to really get into it next season.

Chances are that if you see a guy wearing a Hartford Whalers (green) jersey or a Bring Back the Whalers shirt next year (with a predators hat, of course) it's most likely me.
Welcome to the boards! I, of course, am a seasoned veteran around here, been here for years and years.
Seriously though, from what I've seen this place is great. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here, hopefully you'll post a lot, we could always use more people.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
  #29
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,214
vCash: 562
Welcome both of you guys.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 08:23 AM
  #30
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I just wanted to say that I still refuse to be converted. Mostly.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 08:27 AM
  #31
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I just wanted to say that I still refuse to be converted. Mostly.
It's okay, being a Jacket fan around here--even if you are civil and post funny\insightful things--it's kind of like being Irish to the Italian Mafia. We can have you as an associate, we may have a lot of respect for what you do and what you can do for us, but unfortunately you can never be "made."

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 08:59 AM
  #32
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
@barrytrotzsneck
That was actually a good analogy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 09:27 AM
  #33
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
It's okay, being a Jacket fan around here--even if you are civil and post funny\insightful things--it's kind of like being Irish to the Italian Mafia. We can have you as an associate, we may have a lot of respect for what you do and what you can do for us, but unfortunately you can never be "made."
And we will rip you off on a whim

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 09:43 AM
  #34
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I just wanted to say that I still refuse to be converted. Mostly.
Come to the dark side....We have cookies, BBQ, and Ryan Suter.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 10:19 AM
  #35
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Especially BBQ.
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 10:20 AM
  #36
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Who the hell is "Ryan Suter" anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 10:24 AM
  #37
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Who the hell is "Ryan Suter" anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device
Child, if you want to be a Nashville Predators fan, you better DAMN well learn the name Ryan Suter.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 10:41 AM
  #38
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
I'm joking
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 05:15 PM
  #39
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
The fact that I live in Toronto is one of the reasons that I don't. The most obnoxious, apologist fanbase to ever exist. Every day my peers tell me how Tyler Bozak is a franchise defenseman.
Yeah, defenseman.
And the ones that actually are somewhat intelligent are usually massive homers: Phil Kessel = Jesus Christ etc.
Hey now - I really respect the preds for various reasons and have respected the club during this year and posted on the Nashville HF Boards. If Pred fans remember correctly I'm bros with Joel Ward whom is from North York (Toronto Suburb) .. thus, through supporting my friend - I got into respecting your the team--my team is the Leafs tho through and through--just like yours is the Preds. I have a Ward (gift) & Weber jersey. despite Trotz' rotation system - the Preds play with a chip on there shoulder and I love there type of hockey....
--------------
But to have a clear cut bandwagoner (from Toronto but I love the Oilers..wait they suck..so I love the Preds now..) slag the Leafs on this board is un called for. I don't care how many "homer" friends you have in your personal life that think Bozak is a franchise dman (the guy plays center?) ...If you have an issue with the Leafs - you should post it on the Leafs board, or feel free to take it up with me.

That said, how in the world did you become an Oilers fan? You want to talk about "homer" teams? Poor Preds fans don't know all the ins and outs of the Oil but they are nothing like the Preds - nor built like the Preds.

Reason being: Kevin Lowe is the worst & most useless former GM--now president... and handed out the worst contracts in the NHL i.e. Horcoff 6.3million dollar cap hit, Tom Gilbert 4.5 million dollar cap hit, Ethan Moreau - not only is this plug the team captain but he makes just over 2mill....Cogliano is around 3.5 million too..
I can continue if you like....

Now please tell me how the Oilers compare with the what I think is one of the smartest managements in the NHL , in the Nashville Predators...while the Oilers by far one of the worst management situations in Lowe being there president and Tambellini? as the gm? Are you kidding me? Patt Quinn is super old and washed up--and cannot coach a team in the new NHL. His reaction to Iginla's hit on Souray earlier this year embarassed half the Oiler fan base in western Canada....

and Tom Renney , the assistant coach of the Oilers - has a gentlemen's agreement to take over the Oil after Quinn. OUCH!

By the way I currently live in Vancouver (but I'm from Etobicoke, and will be moving back in June..can't wait) - so I get a lot of news and hearsay from western Canadian sports press on the OIL. Believe, they are nothing in comparison to the Preds. They're banking on Eberle and MPS to carry the team next year --and in many OILERS fans opinions, that will only rush the kids..and potentially ruin there careers...but hey ...the Oilers brass are desperate.

They are the only NHL club that can't attract free agents. No one, and I mean no one wants to play there. What I've stated is clearly a fact.
-------------
I wish the Preds all the best in the playoffs you will have my respect.. I wish even more love to homeboy Joel Ward. I'm super stoked for him being in the playoffs.

I also want to note that I understand why many people hate the Leafs, and I mean this with all due respect ...but we are the most important franchise (right with the Canadiens) in the NHL. We have just as many fans as we have haters. ...and so I understand the hate..but to have a Toronto kid ..come on here and Leaf bash is uncalled for. Plain and simple... predatoiler? = weak. This kid isin't from Edmonton Nashville fans..he's never been there...he's clearly jumping from one bandwagon to the next while bashing my team--and that's my issue.

PS- and if you are "from Toronto" why do you support Sweden over Canada in hockey? Are there any Preds fans from Nashville that support another team other than the USA on the olympic stage? Just wondering how common this is..to me it's bandwagoning at it's finest.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 05:27 PM
  #40
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
Hey now - I really respect the preds for various reasons and have respected the club during this year and posted on the Nashville HF Boards. If Pred fans remember correctly I'm bros with Joel Ward whom is from North York (Toronto Suburb) .. thus, through supporting my friend - I got into respecting your the team--my team is the Leafs tho through and through--just like yours is the Preds. I have a Ward (gift) & Weber jersey. despite Trotz' rotation system - the Preds play with a chip on there shoulder and I love there type of hockey....
--------------
But to have a clear cut bandwagoner (from Toronto but I love the Oilers..wait they suck..so I love the Preds now..) slag the Leafs on this board is un called for. I don't care how many "homer" friends you have in your personal life that think Bozak is a franchise dman (the guy plays center?) ...If you have an issue with the Leafs - you should post it on the Leafs board, or feel free to take it up with me.
I don't have a personal problem with all Leafs fans, just the type I was talking about. I was not at all trying to say anything bad about you or Leafs fans like you, because you seem completely fine. And please, don't call me a bandwagoner. That's really not me. The Oilers have been missing the playoffs for years. The only thing that's changed is that I've just realized how much I like the Preds.

That said, how in the world did you become an Oilers fan? You want to talk about "homer" teams? Poor Preds fans don't know all the ins and outs of the Oil but they are nothing like the Preds - nor built like the Preds.
My father's from Edmonton and I was just brought up that way.

Reason being: Kevin Lowe is the worst & most useless former GM--now president... and handed out the worst contracts in the NHL i.e. Horcoff 6.3million dollar cap hit, Tom Gilbert 4.5 million dollar cap hit, Ethan Moreau - not only is this plug the team captain but he makes just over 2mill....Cogliano is around 3.5 million too..
I can continue if you like....
I'm absolutely not going to disagree with you here!

Now please tell me how the Oilers compare with the what I think is one of the smartest managements in the NHL , in the Nashville Predators...while the Oilers by far one of the worst management situations in Lowe being there president and Tambellini? as the gm? Are you kidding me? Patt Quinn is super old and washed up--and cannot coach a team in the new NHL. His reaction to Iginla's hit on Souray earlier this year embarassed half the Oiler fan base in western Canada....

and Tom Renney , the assistant coach of the Oilers - has a gentlemen's agreement to take over the Oil after Quinn. OUCH!

By the way I currently live in Vancouver (but I'm from Etobicoke, and will be moving back in June..can't wait) - so I get a lot of news and hearsay from western Canadian sports press on the OIL. Believe, they are nothing in comparison to the Preds. They're banking on Eberle and MPS to carry the team next year --and in many OILERS fans opinions, that will only rush the kids..and potentially ruin there careers...but hey ...the Oilers brass are desperate.
I'd say Eberle's nearly ready. MPS as well. He's been in the SEL for two years. People forget that the SEL is very high level hockey. Also, I personally believe that if Hemsky and Khabi hadn't gotten hurt, the Oilers would have made the playoffs this year. I think we'll be serious contenders next year.

They are the only NHL club that can't attract free agents. No one, and I mean no one wants to play there. What I've stated is clearly a fact.
See Taylor Hall
-------------
I wish the Preds all the best in the playoffs you will have my respect.. I wish even more love to homeboy Joel Ward. I'm super stoked for him being in the playoffs.

I also want to note that I understand why many people hate the Leafs, and I mean this with all due respect ...but we are the most important franchise (right with the Canadiens) in the NHL. We have just as many fans as we have haters. ...and so I understand the hate..but to have a Toronto kid ..come on here and Leaf bash is uncalled for. Plain and simple... predatoiler? = weak. This kid isin't from Edmonton Nashville fans..he's never been there...he's clearly jumping from one bandwagon to the next while bashing my team--and that's my issue
Hey, wow. Watch it, buddy. I was asked why I'm not a Leafs fan. I gave my answer. I haven't grown up around a lot of intelligent people and my experience of Leafs fans is quite obviously not particularly good. It's not like I started a bashing session out of the blue.
Look, no hard feelings, alright? I really HATE being referred to as a bandwagoner, by the way. I've been cheering for the Oilers since I was old enough to know what hockey was. They weren't exactly great at the time, it's not like I just chose the best team in the NHL and hopped aboard. What on earth is wrong with saying I like the Predators, especially now that I've started to watch them play more often? Really not very good of you to call me out like that.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 05:35 PM
  #41
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Look, no hard feelings, alright? I really HATE being referred to as a bandwagoner, by the way. I've been cheering for the Oilers since I was old enough to know what hockey was. They weren't exactly great at the time, it's not like I just chose the best team in the NHL and hopped aboard. What on earth is wrong with saying I like the Predators, especially now that I've started to watch them play more often? Really not very good of you to call me out like that.
My friend - when you bash another hockey team, and there up and coming prospects i.e. Kessel & Bozak - what do you expect? The whole I cheer for Edmonton, nope, now Nashville..and Sweden but I'm from Toronto? (all those Pred fans talking to you about the actual city of Edmonton when you clearly where never there)...is not only confusing but just plain weak.

If Pred fans are happy with bandwagoners that's there perogotive JUST leave the Maple Leafs out of it...that's all I'm saying. Stop posting about us on other teams boards.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
  #42
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
If you can't distinguish "their" and "there" and learn to punctuate, why even bother arguing?

Who cares who you support? Everyone has their tastes.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 05:44 PM
  #43
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
My friend - when you bash another hockey team, and there up and coming prospects i.e. Kessel & Bozak - what do you expect?
I don't think I ever said anything bad about either of the two. I don't agree that Phil Kessel is Jesus Christ. I also don't think Bozak is a defenseman. If you disagree with me, you should really turn yourself into a nice place with padded walls.

The whole I cheer for Edmonton, nope, now Nashville..and Sweden but I'm from Toronto? (all those Pred fans talking to you about the actual city of Edmonton when you clearly where never there)...is not only confusing but just plain weak.
Now you're getting annoying. I never said I was from Edmonton. I never said I was from Sweden. And I never said I was abandoning the Oilers. They are still my favorite team, but I'm starting to like the Predators. And I've been to Edmonton countless times, for what it's worth. I'm sorry if I confused you, though. But frankly if I managed to confuse you with what I said, I imagine it really isn't too hard...

If Pred fans are happy with bandwagoners that's there perogotive JUST leave the Maple Leafs out of it...that's all I'm saying. Stop posting about us on other teams boards.
Learn to spell. And no, I don't think I will since I can say whatever I want on these boards. Enough from you now.
-----------

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 05:56 PM
  #44
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
My friend - when you bash another hockey team, and there up and coming prospects i.e. Kessel & Bozak - what do you expect? The whole I cheer for Edmonton, nope, now Nashville..and Sweden but I'm from Toronto? (all those Pred fans talking to you about the actual city of Edmonton when you clearly where never there)...is not only confusing but just plain weak.

If Pred fans are happy with bandwagoners that's there perogotive JUST leave the Maple Leafs out of it...that's all I'm saying. Stop posting about us on other teams boards.
Okay, the maple laffs fan wants to police all the other message boards and say, "How dare you disrespect the laffs!""

a couple of posts in a misc thread..............

this is too funny.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 05:58 PM
  #45
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,904
vCash: 500
This is a general warning for this thread. Please keep the conversation civil.

Trolling will not be excepted on this or any other board.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 06:03 PM
  #46
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
My friend - when you bash another hockey team, and there up and coming prospects i.e. Kessel & Bozak - what do you expect? The whole I cheer for Edmonton, nope, now Nashville..and Sweden but I'm from Toronto? (all those Pred fans talking to you about the actual city of Edmonton when you clearly where never there)...is not only confusing but just plain weak.

If Pred fans are happy with bandwagoners that's there perogotive JUST leave the Maple Leafs out of it...that's all I'm saying. Stop posting about us on other teams boards.
43 and counting?

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 07:33 PM
  #47
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
My friend - when you bash another hockey team, and there up and coming prospects i.e. Kessel & Bozak - what do you expect? The whole I cheer for Edmonton, nope, now Nashville..and Sweden but I'm from Toronto? (all those Pred fans talking to you about the actual city of Edmonton when you clearly where never there)...is not only confusing but just plain weak.

If Pred fans are happy with bandwagoners that's there perogotive JUST leave the Maple Leafs out of it...that's all I'm saying. Stop posting about us on other teams boards.
You're also misrepresenting what I said; it was more like this:
I am from Toronto. I do not like the Toronto Maple Leafs. I cheer for Tre Kronor. I cheer for the Edmonton Oilers. I am starting to like the Nashville Predators. If you can't understand that, then...

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
  #48
Harpoon Pete
 
Harpoon Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alabama
Country: United States
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
As a fellow transplant from Hartford, I welcome you to the fan base!

After the Whalers left I was really lost, but came to the realization that summer that I loved the sport too much to allow Karmanos to steal it away from me...so at the age of 14, I worked all summer and earned enough money to purchase two season tickets to the Wolf*Pack (needed a ride) and remained a season-ticket holder till the day I moved to Nashville in July 2004...where, like you, I was promptly greeted with the lockout...

Bought Predators season tickets two days after the lockout had officially ended and have to say that this team has completely taken me over...they work hard, are well-coached and managed, and overcome extreme odds on a routine basis on the road to success...things the Whalers seemed to never do...

The fan base is rabidly passionate and very knowledgeable and has brought a whole slew of new traditions to the NHL that make it so unique and fun to be a part of...

I know you'll enjoy it...so welcome to the boards!!!
Hartford had it's problems on the business side of things. No doubts about that. But there was a lot of good in that franchise. So much so that I hold out some hope that they can get an NHL franchise again. That NHL and this current NHL are two different species though.

There is also a lot of misleading information out there related to the team and it's 'relocation' (notice parenthesis). That was then and this is now though... and something you might see me in the Business of Hockey section debating from time to time.
I was in Nashville for only a year and change, and did not get a chance for season tickets after that. Like I said before, in AL hockey coverage is barely tollerable. I for one think that a team like Nashville would get a pretty good fanbase if we could get some better regional coverage. Atlanta gets some coverage here, you get the versus (mostly bandwagon) game of the week, and maybe the occasional Predators game. That's about it.

I based my decision on locality to a market. To me, I've got to be able to go to a few games, and watch most of the rest. Experiences do differ, and that is perfectly fine, but to me that is how I become a 'part' of a fanbase.

Sounds good. I am starting over, but this team sounds alright.

Harpoon Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 11:36 PM
  #49
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan
 
quoth the Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Whoa, Richie, calm down. I don't think you can really tell anyone to not discuss a team. He didn't viciously bash them, he said his opinion on why he wasn't a fan of the team, period. He's an Edmonton fan first, but since they obviously are out of the playoff race, he's picked Nashville to support. I don't consider that a bandwagon fan... if anything, it's the opposite, as we are one of those teams that the Northerners would say "don't know how to 'do' hockey." If he wanted to jump on a bandwagon, he'd support the Wings.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 11:47 PM
  #50
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
My thinking is I'll support Nashville past this years' playoff race. Especially if Trotz stays with the organization and if they stay the way they are. Model franchise, really. But I'll always be an Oiler fan at heart.
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.